Motorola Photon Q 4g LTE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

shabbypenguin

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010
8mp camera, eh ive seen what the photon can do for pictures/video and its not pretty, especially in low light

qwerty, cool but id have to feel the keyboard first. world phone isnt a big deal to me personally but its a nice overall feature :). 1.5ghz dual core snapdragon 4 (same as evo lte/sgs3) and comes with ics.

the thing that kills me is the 4.3 inch screen at qhd. yet the atrix HD has a 720p display at 4.5 inches, to go from my gnexus back to 4.3 at a lower resolution would just break my heart..

IMO it seems like moto and sprint are more than happy to play off old stuff and call it good enough for us. the atrix was out a good while before the photon came over (granted the photon was far better). but there is nothing that *WOWS* me from the Photon Q 4G LTE, doesnt seem to be anything that is innovative. im sure it will bring in some qwerty lovers who want LTE and some global people..

Reactions: Acvice

tjrhine

Oct 6, 2009
I wonder if it will work with the existing docks. I have a media dock, car dock, and lapdock. I miss having a keyboard and would only entertain the purchase of this phone if it works with the docks I currently have. I was really hoping there would be a worthy sucessor to the Photon on Sprint but now I'm not so sure it's going to happen.

XxCE0xX

Jul 8, 2012
At least with this release we more or less get photon drivers right?

And

WHAT IS THIS TRASH

My god I face-desked so hard when I saw this~

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

peetr_

Oct 28, 2010
Maybe I am alone, but I like the specifications. Especially the screen. I like LCD and don't want any amo or samoled anymore (comparing with Galaxy Nexus), if it would be possible. Only problem for me, is hw keyboard, I don't need keyboard and I don't want it.

Hmm, and officially unlocked.

Last edited:
Reactions: deedscreen

XxCE0xX

Jul 8, 2012
Actually can someone grab that .apk for the clock/weather widget I'm looking at?

I would enjoy that.

I think not being able to change sim is a problem for a lot of people.

And I threw my last HW keyboard phone off my house and watched it get run over by cars I hated it so much.

But again that widget is cool. Someone get it please

stonesaber

Jun 11, 2010
Somewhere in Wisconsin
Actually can someone grab that .apk for the clock/weather widget I'm looking at?

I would enjoy that.

I think not being able to change sim is a problem for a lot of people.

And I threw my last HW keyboard phone off my house and watched it get run over by cars I hated it so much.

But again that widget is cool. Someone get it please

Try this--> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sunnykwong.freeomc&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd and choose the chrome ring option

As for the Photon Q, I'm with you peetr, I like it and would consider it. The only thing that I don't care for is the embedded battery.

Last edited:

Paperinik68

Sep 15, 2011
It would be a excellent phone if it wasent for the three major factors I see. 1) The qwerty keyboard, 2) no removable battery and 3) no removable sim card.

I'm sorry, that is absolute FAIL. As much as I love my Photon, I can't tell you how disappointed I am by this announcement.

I expected a bigger, better screen, LTE and world capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So utterly disappointed here.. Oh well..I'll hop onto something else when the time comes...got plenty of time for new phones in the next 6 months...so happy with THIS version of the Photon..

Dan Hesse..you could have chosen to go bigger, bolder, and top of the line, but you didn't. As the knight from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade once said: "He chose..poorly.." - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubw5N8iVDHI
    so that the consumer has the choice what carrier to use (both internationally and domestic).

Verizon Gives Motorola LTE Razrs Their GSM Wings

much like the photon, developers have managed to unlock GSM for US in these verizon gsm LTE phones.

Photon Q's locked Sim is all about limiting consumer's choice and making the phone useless on a non-Sprint (or sprint affiliated) network.

as for your example of "losing the LTE card", sim cards are inexpensive. The convenience of an unlocked SIM is far greater than the costs of a replacement SIM. Sprint stands to gain far more money (through exorbitant calling rates) on a sim locked phone than they stand to gain (or have gained in the past) from replacement sim cards.

Sprint put the bottom dollar ahead of the consumer when designing this phone, and that mentality is going to end up hurting their bottom dollar (due to decreased sales).

name a single company that doesnt put there bottom line first..? they are there to make money. they arent a wireless charity, they are a wireless sales company. quit giving them **** for stupid things. other carriers **** customers sooo much harder.( from experance)
    I'm assuming he thinks I only like the device because i work for sprint, and not because i intend to OWN the device.

A shill, plant, or stooge is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing that he has a close relationship with that person or organization. Shill typically refers to someone who purposely gives onlookers the impression that he is an enthusiastic independent customer of a seller (or marketer of ideas) for whom he is secretly working.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill

you disclosed that relationship... so my confusion still stands :p
    non-removable SIM on a "world phone?" Peace out, Sprint.

Honestly, if Sprint wants more money, how about improving signal strength, not cheating customers?
    Maybe I am alone, but I like the specifications. Especially the screen. I like LCD and don't want any amo or samoled anymore (comparing with Galaxy Nexus), if it would be possible. Only problem for me, is hw keyboard, I don't need keyboard and I don't want it.

Hmm, and officially unlocked.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone