• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Motorola Q9h (rom update)

Search This thread

bradclampitt

Sep 27, 2007
I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this, but this seem like the logical one.

I recently purchased a Motorola Q9h from Ebay and did not understand the different networks that are out there. So while the phone works on the Cingular network it only has Edge because to have 3G it has to be UTMS 1900 and the phone I have is set at UTMS 2100 which is a European network, so everytime I restart the phone it says that it cannot find a suitable network to connect to.

My question is, does anyone know if there is a possibility to do a ROM update to change the network portion. I am guessing no, because I am sure it is hardware based but I thought I would ask.

I should have just waited for the new phone to come out but I am like many others I am sure that we are impatient =P

If you can answer the question or have some suggestions please feel free to let me know =)

thanks,

Brad

Sosko

Sep 19, 2009
I have Q9h too and I didn't lock my MOTO before, but I install a new ROM by AT&T from official Motrola Website and now my phone is lock. Could anybody help me? I need unlock my Q9h.
Thanks

mbaydoun

Aug 22, 2007
Need to unlock my device

Dears developers

I still waitting for you answer about unlock my device its moto q9h and upgraded it o wm6.5, its now locked by AT&T

best regards

tartzcr

Nov 14, 2009
Yulin
may be it little hard to recognise the word of chinese...

will u need chinese rom? english is included..
when you upgraded you cellphone's firmware,
<regional setting >change the laugaue from chinese to us english..i can show you how to chage

here is website link... i have a set att q9h...

developer kitchen them

To prevent spam to the forums, new users are not permitted to post outside links in their messages. All new user accounts will be verified by moderators before this restriction is removed.

sounds bad....

sent me a mail.. vonnycsl#gmail.com

tartzcr

Nov 14, 2009
Yulin
if you want you phone upgrade to wm6.5 from wm5.0 or wm6.1,
and your phone was customsied by AT&T

first,upgrade this rom
Q9_01.09.28DR_ATT_UnLocked for flash or flash
Q9.01.09.28R_WM6.1_EN_For_USA-AG-USER

for refresh BP files

second,upgrade this rom,whick customsied by Vodafone

SHIP_NORMAN_AP_U_01.01.03R_Only_AP

for refresh AP files

then ,flash any rom you like....

tartzcr

Nov 14, 2009
Yulin
I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this, but this seem like the logical one.

I recently purchased a Motorola Q9h from Ebay and did not understand the different networks that are out there. So while the phone works on the Cingular network it only has Edge because to have 3G it has to be UTMS 1900 and the phone I have is set at UTMS 2100 which is a European network, so everytime I restart the phone it says that it cannot find a suitable network to connect to.

My question is, does anyone know if there is a possibility to do a ROM update to change the network portion. I am guessing no, because I am sure it is hardware based but I thought I would ask.

I should have just waited for the new phone to come out but I am like many others I am sure that we are impatient =P

If you can answer the question or have some suggestions please feel free to let me know =)

thanks,

Brad
answer one
Q9h_OnlyBP_MODEM4_U_40.11.40R_12

flash this BP(radio) file to you handset may help u
because most of q9h work in 1900(for ex att’s q9h
Europe network basic is in 2100

if it doesn't work

there is a selection in setting menu,which can change the handset's wave band from 1900 to 2100

mridha

Dec 18, 2010
Hello,
I have recently got a ATT Q9H Global and have flashed it to the ROM here

SHIP_NORMAN_AP_U_01_10_05R_MODEM4_U_40_11_40R_12_U SNORMAN25RTDER2W611A002_1FF-Enterprise-German_3801569218

Everything is working we'll, except the keyboard fix (Z/Y Interchanged). I'd like advise on two things;

1. How do I get 3G working. I am in Tanzania where the GSM signals are 900/1800.

2. Also - What do I need to do to get 6.5 - just flash, or downgrade to stock, then flash. If I flash with a 6.5 ROM - can you direct me to an APP unlocked, SIM/Network unlocked, Unbranded 6.5 that has GPS/3G?