Motorola testers update....

Kevets

Mar 20, 2010
Honestly this is what I expected. I intentionally left mine on 45.3.6 and no update but matches all the 'new upgrades.'

Edit:

Beta tonight, everyone by the end of the week if no major issues.

ericdabbs

Jun 28, 2007
Los Angeles
Honestly this is what I expected. I intentionally left mine on 45.3.6 and no update but matches all the 'new upgrades.'

Edit:

Beta tonight, everyone by the end of the week if no major issues.
Wow sounds like you are in the know. Are you a beta tester that is part of the beta testing? It sucks that Motorola waited about 2 weeks before finally releasing the beta for 45.3.6. I would have expected Motorola to have released it for beta testing by end of Sept. Oh well.

Last edited:

Kevets

Mar 20, 2010
Yes.

Updates from the beta thread:
-Google video chat fixed
-Social Location app
-Proximity sensor fixed, I never knew that was a problem.

Last edited:

Rabidmechanic05

Aug 24, 2011
Massillon
If this is how it will be, xda having the updates well before moto even batch tests them, screw it then... I returned to stock (45.3.6) to accept the sbf of what i just flashed.... f that shiz.... BACK TO MY FOCUSED MOPHO!!! :D

Acvice

Aug 11, 2011
I too am a tester.. but there have been some misconceptions. We are not beta testers. This is final software that is to be released. From what I can tell, 154 6 is the update that was rolled out to us. Unless I'm missing something, the 198 6 that is already on juggs thread actually seems more current.

Rabidmechanic05

Aug 24, 2011
Massillon
Anything about wifi? Im still dropping connection on mine and about to toss it out the window.
Does it only do it around a certain time of the day or is it constant?

Only ask because there is a wifi sleep policy under advanced settings in wifi settings... and if its set to never sleep what battery mode do you have selected? I noticed i would lose wifi when the battery mode would force the phone to stop syncing, thinking it stops wifi refreshing also

Acvice

Aug 11, 2011
Correction. I can now confirm that 198 6 is in fact what was rolled out to us testers. So if you want it, the sbf has it.

HolyShift

Feb 14, 2011
Does it only do it around a certain time of the day or is it constant?

Only ask because there is a wifi sleep policy under advanced settings in wifi settings... and if its set to never sleep what battery mode do you have selected? I noticed i would lose wifi when the battery mode would force the phone to stop syncing, thinking it stops wifi refreshing also
My Wifi sleep policy is set to Never, I have Data Saver turned off, and I have the default Nighttime saver profile set on my battery mode. I just now turned that to performance mode to see if there is any difference. This happens to me at all hours of the day, usually within 5-10 minutes of activating my wifi and when using all apps.

I don't want to get this thread off topic but I'm glad it's getting some attention as I think it isn't affecting a huge number of phone/wifi combinations for people. I think this week I'll get in touch with Motorola.