• RootFail2.jpg
    RootFail2.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 95,141
Last edited:
Reactions: Faznx92

EniGmA1987

Sep 21, 2010
Says 13.3.0.2_user_302075320. Installed on Monday Jul, 29th, 2013 5:01 PM

Just got the tablet today and have not updated anything at all. My tablet cant check for updates since before I turned it on I blacklisted the IP addresses from my router that Amazon uses to push updates to Kindles

Last edited:

Faznx92

Nov 18, 2013
Hurry, update to 13.3.1.0 before a newer update comes (or download the update here and for directions to manually install the update). Don't blacklist those IP's until you root it. Update first.
Once you get root you can configure iptables on the tablet to blacklist it but im testing this. I got root 2 hours ago. Once I get it working I'll post a tut.
But you need to be on version 13.3.1.0

Last edited:

EniGmA1987

Sep 21, 2010
Alright I am downloading it now on the tablet, but it seems to be taking a while so I doubt I will get a chance to try for root again tonight.

Android Cowboy

Jan 17, 2012
androidcowboy.com
1: Download Minimal ADB and Fastboot and install it. here
2: Get the adb drivers and install. here
3: Download latest Busybox to your HDX and install it. (It will not run untill you have root, this is for later.)(I got it from 1mobile market here)
4: Download jcase/fi01 code here
5: Download Moronig redone code http://goo.gl/4gBmq5
6: Enable adb on the Kindle
7: Connect Kindle to computer
8: Goto Device Manager in Control Panel
9: Look for the unsupported adb device (if not found safely remove hardware the kindle on the taskbar)
10: Click the unsupported device and click update driver then point it to the android_winusb file in the driver install directory
11: Unpack the files, rename Moroning's file to exploit and copy to the Minimal ADB and Fastboot install base directory, copy jcase's code EXCEPT the exploit file there as well.
12: Run Minimal ADB and Fastboot, make sure your device is connect first
Code:
adb devices
If not listed go back to step 6
13: Copy and paste this into the cmd prompt. Ignore if it says it fails
Code:
adb push su /data/local/tmp/
adb push rootme.sh /data/local/tmp/
adb push exploit /data/local/tmp/
adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/rootme.sh
adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/exploit
adb shell /data/local/tmp/exploit -c "/data/local/tmp/rootme.sh"

At this point you should be rooted. You can now finish installing Busybox on your HDX. To check if you have root if your unsure type
Code:
adb shell
then type
Code:
su
If not, reply. Remember this is tested to work on my Kindle Fire HDX 7" 13.3.1.0

Notes:
If the Hdx is updated past this point Amazon may patch the exploit and so you loose root.
We need to start a thread on how to stop/block Amazon from pushing updates to the HDX.

Do we need a Superuser app installed after root is gained like SuperSu. Also is it possible to unroot using SuperSu script in the settings.

Reactions: stellafella74

Moronig

Dec 2, 2010
Curitiba
Do we need a Superuser app installed after root is gained like SuperSu. Also is it possible to unroot using SuperSu script in the settings.

If you don't install a superuser app, root will still work, but any app that requests it, gets it, and no notification.
Supersu works with that binary, but you can install superuser and let it update the su binary and it will work as well.

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

Someone got the playstore to work?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk

Some people are claiming to have it working, but they won't share how they did it...

Reactions: Faznx92

Faznx92

Nov 18, 2013
If you don't install a superuser app, root will still work, but any app that requests it, gets it, and no notification.
Supersu works with that binary, but you can install superuser and let it update the su binary and it will work as well.

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

Some people are claiming to have it working, but they won't share how they did it...

SuperSU works, busybox works, I got root, I will be running test soon.
-update Play store does not work
Google play services works

Last edited:

fr09n

Nov 27, 2013
Questions about Amazon updates

Has anyone tried to see if you can block the OTA updates like the kindle fire hd.

Using ES File Explorer app, navigate to the /system/etc/security folder. Rename or move the otacerts.zip file.

-credit goes to androidcowboy

Thanks For the Root it works Great :)

Faznx92

Nov 18, 2013
Has anyone tried to see if you can block the OTA updates like the kindle fire hd.

Using ES File Explorer app, navigate to the /system/etc/security folder. Rename or move the otacerts.zip file.

-credit goes to androidcowboy

Thanks For the Root it works Great :)

I'll try it out.
-UPDATE- I can't confirm if it works or not. Someone else needs to try this up to see if it stops updates.
I'm running iptables.

Last edited:

EniGmA1987

Sep 21, 2010
This worked for me once I updated to 13.3.1. Guess the bug is either not present in the older kernel or it is at a different memory address.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS POST IS CLOSED, IT MOVED!​

HERE

Thanks goes to: fi01 for finding the bug, Jcase for making the exploit, Moronig for modifying the exploit, slayer615 for making the original batch bundle.
    I received my HDX 7 inch this afternoon. I am rooted now and ready to go! I guess I will tackle the Google Store since some folks have it working. I just want to try it and see if it work. Right now, I'm using 1mobile for files, but it doesn't have much. So, I'm getting some files from a Google search. I am going to try and download the Dolphin browser.

Just be careful as you can brick easily and there is no method to recover yet. I had to get mine replaced.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Hurry, update to 13.3.1.0 before a newer update comes (or download the update here and for directions to manually install the update). Don't blacklist those IP's until you root it. Update first.
    Once you get root you can configure iptables on the tablet to blacklist it but im testing this. I got root 2 hours ago. Once I get it working I'll post a tut.
    But you need to be on version 13.3.1.0
    Root13 Mac/Linux Version

I created a quick bash script that can be ran under Mac/Linux to root the Kindle Fire HDX 7". The script is based on the original root13. Download the .zip file and run the kindle_root.sh script ./kindle_root.sh from the terminal.

Enjoy.
    I am so glad you guys have the HDX rooted! If anyone cares, Amazon is taking $50 off the price of a new HDX. I am going to go ahead and order one and come back here to get root. Now, do you guys have Google App Store working yet?

1: Download Minimal ADB and Fastboot and install it. here
    2: Get the adb drivers and install. here
    3: Download latest Busybox to your HDX and install it. (It will not run untill you have root, this is for later.)(I got it from 1mobile market here)
    4: Download jcase/fi01 code here
    5: Download Moronig redone code http://goo.gl/4gBmq5
    6: Enable adb on the Kindle
    7: Connect Kindle to computer
    8: Goto Device Manager in Control Panel
    9: Look for the unsupported adb device (if not found safely remove hardware the kindle on the taskbar)
    10: Click the unsupported device and click update driver then point it to the android_winusb file in the driver install directory
    11: Unpack the files, rename Moroning's file to exploit and copy to the Minimal ADB and Fastboot install base directory, copy jcase's code EXCEPT the exploit file there as well.
    12: Run Minimal ADB and Fastboot, make sure your device is connect first

This is the first way I rooted. Then I made the script. Hope this helps.