• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Moving from Sammy to Oneplus 5t

Search This thread

Goody68

Oct 28, 2013
Portland , OR
Just getting some thoughts from long time samsung users! I've owned every Note series and S6edge,7edge and S8 and S8+! I love the Samsung phones, good quality and features! But it seems like they all look the same except for a few different features on different models! And locking the bootloaders on US models kinda pushed me over the edge to switch!

After research of 6" phones with good specs, I came across the Oneplus 5t with 8gb ram and 128 int. storage for $549! Factory US unlocked that works with Tmobile well and an unlockable bootloader! No bloatware and probable the smoothest, fastest stock phone ive ever owned! Developers are coming out of the woodworks and Roms are starting to appear! Im a flashaholic and im ready to do some flashing on this awesome phone:)

Any other Sammy users taking the leap to other phones for more options and ofcourse unlocked bootloaders?

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

ro_bro

Nov 9, 2009
I had a one plus one before - I liked it, and it still works fine. However, I have kids, and photos are important. Nothing, no iPhone, no other phone matches the photo quality. IPhone owners are asking what phone this is. Also samsung has taken off its heavy skin and minus Bixby, it's almost perfect! (I just turned Bixby off). Also, I don't trust Oneplus One anymore after their recent data collection issue.

Snow755

Jan 26, 2012
Sonora
i all so had a one pluse be for but one pluse is missing a lot of things that got me away from it and that is samsung pay and water proof on the phone all so there updates are slow

BigE

Jan 25, 2007
Southern CA
So here is my take on S8 vs. One plus (and even Iphone X)..

1. After YEARS of rooting, and customizing ROM, I landed on the S8 and have no need for anything. I feel now like i own an Iphone..
2. Yes, in term of hardware - S8 is a level by its own. Stability, sturdiness, size, features - a winner in every category.
3. T-MO with S8 for me is a winner. I travel a lot out of country, and this phone works literally ANYWHERE. text, data plan, the works. With Whatsapp / Skype I am connected 24/7 with people, to a point I need to apologize not taking calls at my middle of the night local time. It is ALWAYS ON ! Never had it before with ANY phone of mine, and not willing to experiment.
4. Camera - Exceptional pics at low light. Good flash , quick response, what can one ask that isn't there..
5. Weight - Lighter than most. Easy to carry.
6. Battery - out of the box i get enough juice for business use. Charging an hour while on the laptop runs deep.. Quick charge and wireless is just working..
7. Screen - Just perfect.

Out of boredom I play in stores with all sort of phones.. even if they were free, they are not impressive..

Just my $0.02 from an old pal who has some 15 years of work with smart phones, and probably have tried them all...
:cool:

mattgyver

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee - Cookie Monster
Staff member
I was a long time Galaxy owner. I've had all of them up to the 6. I jumped ship to the OnePlus 5. a few weeks later, I find myself missing Sammy... Looking into the 8 or the 8+. The OP5 isn't water"proof", and there are no waterproof cases. With 4 kids under 7, that's actually an important feature I miss. I went with the OP5 because it's 128GB/8GB RAM, and easy to play with different ROMs, but that's not enough to warrant keeping if the kids get ahold of it and get it wet.... Now to look into 8 or 8+ for TMo...

It looks like the S8 Active supports the 600mHz band... hmmmm....

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So here is my take on S8 vs. One plus (and even Iphone X)..

1. After YEARS of rooting, and customizing ROM, I landed on the S8 and have no need for anything. I feel now like i own an Iphone..
    2. Yes, in term of hardware - S8 is a level by its own. Stability, sturdiness, size, features - a winner in every category.
    3. T-MO with S8 for me is a winner. I travel a lot out of country, and this phone works literally ANYWHERE. text, data plan, the works. With Whatsapp / Skype I am connected 24/7 with people, to a point I need to apologize not taking calls at my middle of the night local time. It is ALWAYS ON ! Never had it before with ANY phone of mine, and not willing to experiment.
    4. Camera - Exceptional pics at low light. Good flash , quick response, what can one ask that isn't there..
    5. Weight - Lighter than most. Easy to carry.
    6. Battery - out of the box i get enough juice for business use. Charging an hour while on the laptop runs deep.. Quick charge and wireless is just working..
    7. Screen - Just perfect.

Out of boredom I play in stores with all sort of phones.. even if they were free, they are not impressive..

Just my $0.02 from an old pal who has some 15 years of work with smart phones, and probably have tried them all...
    :cool: