• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How To Guide MSM cannot recognize your phone aka. Sahara Connection error? Check this.

Search This thread

SABBIRAHMED93

Sep 26, 2016
Yes !! thanks @flameteam. My Oneplus 9 EU was really super hard bricked (turned to the "dark side") with no display whatsoever. I went for the EU package and the phone came back to life !!
This was the only way as some other download tool dedicated for the Oneplus 9 didn't work. Gave me "Sahara error. (with Windows 7, 10, different USB cables etc)
And , yes as strange as it sounds my Oneplus 9 now runs the OP9 Pro firmware ?!?!.
But this gave me the chance to install the stock OTA for Oneplus 9. It seems to work.

The question is if a full stock OTA OP9 actually cleaned out any trace of the previous Pro version ?
Which Windows version working???

kitcostantino

Mar 21, 2011
Mayberry
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8
It took a few tries to finally get my NA OP9 to let me flash the India Pro in lite firehose mode. The key was holding vol up and vol down while starting the flash, I believe. Also, I unchecked auto reboot and SHA check. (it wouldn't start the first few times.) Now, it's flashing and hopefully I can flash my proper AA OP9 MSM now. Thank you so much for sharing this @_MartyMan_

Edit: now it says unsupported Target IN. Lol.
Edit 2: it appears my battery died. Plugged up and got the charge screen. Not booting. Lol. Fingers crossed.

Edit 3: although it has been said to be impossible, after flashing the OP9Pro MSM,
I was able to flash the OP9 DA MSM and successfully convert to the Indian version. Unfortunately, the whole reason I wanted to do that a while back was to get the second sim slot working. Now I can confirm, through this perilous journey this morning, that does not work. But hey, now I have a DA op9 at least. Lol.

Attachments

• IMG_20211017_093744.jpg
    IMG_20211017_093744.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20211017_093747.jpg
    IMG_20211017_093747.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20211017_095708.jpg
    IMG_20211017_095708.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20211017_111011.jpg
    IMG_20211017_111011.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20211017_111937.jpg
    IMG_20211017_111937.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Reactions: barguybrady

DeathCite

Jul 29, 2018
Got back to global. Took me a day to figure it out. Enable OEM Unlock and USB debugging. I flashed temp TWRP, installed the OS Zip file from OnePlus support site. Rebooted into recovery, formatted and wiped system. Booted into global. This installation is in SLOT B. Slot A will still have horrible Indian Rom (only horrible because it shouldn't be installed on my Global Unlocked Phone, no disrespect to my Indian brothers.) Note when logging in for the first time let global do its OTA update before you do anything else, especially before you reboot. The Indian version is installed in slot A. REBOOT after OTA installed. Don't reboot before OTA does its thing. This will ensure Slot A has a clean installation. I made the mistake of rebooting before the OTA and I could not do anything with slot A. Relock the bootloader, it will wipe and you will boot into a pristine Global OS 11.2.8.8 Rom.
Phone isn't detected

It took a few tries to finally get my NA OP9 to let me flash the India Pro in lite firehose mode. The key was holding vol up and vol down while starting the flash, I believe. Also, I unchecked auto reboot and SHA check. (it wouldn't start the first few times.) Now, it's flashing and hopefully I can flash my proper AA OP9 MSM now. Thank you so much for sharing this @_MartyMan_

Edit: now it says unsupported Target IN. Lol.
Edit 2: it appears my battery died. Plugged up and got the charge screen. Not booting. Lol. Fingers crossed.

Edit 3: although it has been said to be impossible, after flashing the OP9Pro MSM,
I was able to flash the OP9 DA MSM and successfully convert to the Indian version. Unfortunately, the whole reason I wanted to do that a while back was to get the second sim slot working. Now I can confirm, through this perilous journey this morning, that does not work. But hey, now I have a DA op9 at least. Lol.
I, too, thought it best to Un-Check "reboot" and "SHA check" so, it's updating as I type this.
How did you move on, exactly?
Originally, I have the t-MO 2117. And got bricked in the Conversion Process.
My thought was to copy the OP 9 Global .ops file into this same directory I am running the MSM tool in, and try an "Update" again.
Before Rebooting, that is....

kitcostantino

Mar 21, 2011
Mayberry
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8
I, too, thought it best to Un-Check "reboot" and "SHA check" so, it's updating as I type this.
My thought was to copy the OP 9 Global .ops file into this same directory I am running the MSM tool in, and try an "Update" again.
From Indian OP9P, I then tried to flash OP9 AA which refused to flash so I used the OP9 Indian MSM. (DA). After that completed and I realized my second sim slot still didn't work, I resigned to reflash OP9 AA. Honestly, it was all somewhat frantic, and nonchalant IDGAF bc the OP9 is a spare phone atm, so I don't really have a play by play. I went with the fix it or brick it playbook just trying to MSM checking boxes, unchecking boxes, doing whatever to get it to make progress of sorts.

From Indian OP9P, I then tried to flash OP9 AA which refused to flash so I used the OP9 Indian MSM. (DA). After that completed and I realized my second sim slot still didn't work, I resigned to reflash OP9 AA. Honestly, it was all somewhat frantic, and nonchalant IDGAF bc the OP9 is a spare phone atm, so I don't really have a play by play. I went with the fix it or brick it playbook just trying to MSM checking boxes, unchecking boxes, doing whatever to get it to make progress of sorts.
So, you got un-Bricked using 9-Pro-Indian MSM ( where I am at currently ),
and 9-Global AA didn't take, so you went with MSM 9-Indian DA, then to 9-Global AA ?

Thinking about all the variables here, I am beginning to think that the problem is the actual "MSM_###.exe" file, insofar as the MSM tool is corrupt in all the other Unbrick.zip files.
Or, perhaps, just skewed enough to cause some of us problems. And the MSM.exe Tool that is zipped into the OP9-Pro_Indian is the version that works best.

jshinn1

Nov 6, 2011
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 9
Hi!

Today i successfully bricked my OP9 to the point where the global MSM tool couldn't recognize it anymore.
I tried everything, from different MSM tools to this thread. Nothing.

Then, Deus ex Machina, @flameteam recommended me to try Indian/EU version of MSM tool for OP9 Pro with Lite Firehose...

...It worked.

It makes no sense, but it worked for me. Try it. Good luck, and thanks a million again @flameteam !!
You saved me my friend, spent around 10 hours trying everything else like you and this was what finally worked. Wish I had tried it first. But now I have a fully bootable device thanks to you and @flameteam

kitcostantino

Mar 21, 2011
Mayberry
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8
and 9-Global AA didn't take, so you went with MSM 9-Indian DA, then to 9-Global AA ?

Thinking about all the variables here, I am beginning to think that the problem is the actual "MSM_###.exe" file, insofar as the MSM tool is corrupt in all the other Unbrick.zip files.
Or, perhaps, just skewed enough to cause some of us problems. And the MSM.exe Tool that is zipped into the OP9-Pro_Indian is the version that works best.

Honestly, it's not supposed to work. It just does for some reason. Keep in mind, the bricked state I was in had no other options. When that worked, I was able to do as @_MartyMan_ did and recover my OP9 AA unlocked.

However, on the Tmob version of OP9, I would not expect the same result.

There is something different in the OP9Pro MSM for sure.

Obviously, a somewhat more circuituous method, but I was able to:
  1. Boot my t-Mo OP9 LE2117 to the OP 9 Pro - India ROM that was running after using This Tool
  2. enabled Dev Settings, and toggle OEM unlock
  3. on my Linux lap-top:
    Bash:
    ADB reboot fastboot
  4. Bash:
    fastboot flashing unlock
  5. followed these instruction to Install Lineage 18.1
  6. (Edit)
    Bash:
     fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
    from t-Mo to Global conversion package
  7. currently About Phone shows : Model LE2113 . . . ?! Not gonna question it, just gonna roll with it.
have rebooted multiple times and certainly seems to be running flawlessly!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi!

Today i successfully bricked my OP9 to the point where the global MSM tool couldn't recognize it anymore.

Then, Deus ex Machina, @flameteam recommended me to try Indian/EU version of MSM tool for OP9 Pro with Lite Firehose...

...It worked.

It makes no sense, but it worked for me. Try it. Good luck, and thanks a million again @flameteam !!
    You saved me my friend, spent around 10 hours trying everything else like you and this was what finally worked. Wish I had tried it first. But now I have a fully bootable device thanks to you and @flameteam

Honestly, it's not supposed to work. It just does for some reason. Keep in mind, the bricked state I was in had no other options. When that worked, I was able to do as @_MartyMan_ did and recover my OP9 AA unlocked.

Hi!

...It worked.

Enjoy it :D I struggled for a week. The result is ridiculous but successful :D
    Hi!

...It worked.

Hi!

...It worked.

Yes !! thanks @flameteam. My Oneplus 9 EU was really super hard bricked (turned to the "dark side") with no display whatsoever. I went for the EU package and the phone came back to life !!
    This was the only way as some other download tool dedicated for the Oneplus 9 didn't work. Gave me "Sahara error. (with Windows 7, 10, different USB cables etc)
    And , yes as strange as it sounds my Oneplus 9 now runs the OP9 Pro firmware ?!?!.
    But this gave me the chance to install the stock OTA for Oneplus 9. It seems to work.

The question is if a full stock OTA OP9 actually cleaned out any trace of the previous Pro version ?