How To Guide MSM cannot recognize your phone aka. Sahara Connection error? Check this.

Search This thread

tonbonz

May 14, 2012
BFE
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
i get an error repeatedly while using the sideload method "adb: failed to read command: No error", is there anything else to do?

i get an error repeatedly while using the sideload method "adb: failed to read command: No error", is there anything else to do?
I read in another thread that that's normal. I got the same notification at about 40% I think and everything was fine. Just means it finished. In twrp recovery on your device it should show it finished and if there were any errors. After doing the first slot, instead of rebooting to recovery, I rebooted to the other slot and repeated adb sideloading the OTA update.

tonbonz

May 14, 2012
BFE
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
Please tell me in detail what to do?
Hey, have you had any luck? I was trying to remember exactly what I did or what I forgot. I was in kind of a panic at the time and everything is kind of a blur. I was revisiting my previous reply when it hit me that after dumping the payload.bin and trying to flash the individual images as directed in the thread I mentioned, I had to use the MSM tool to recover. This of course put me back on 11 and relocked the bootloader so rather than setting up my phone for the 100th time I went ahead and unlocked the bootloader before booting into 11. Once booted into 11 I did the bare minimum setup just to enable developer options and usb debugging and THEN I performed the steps to sideload the 12 update to both slots. I apologize for the brain fart!!!:oops: I hope you have already managed to fix your phone but if not I hope this does the trick and again I apologize...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi!

Today i successfully bricked my OP9 to the point where the global MSM tool couldn't recognize it anymore.
    I tried everything, from different MSM tools to this thread. Nothing.

Then, Deus ex Machina, @flameteam recommended me to try Indian/EU version of MSM tool for OP9 Pro with Lite Firehose...

...It worked.

It makes no sense, but it worked for me. Try it. Good luck, and thanks a million again @flameteam !!
    Enjoy it :D I struggled for a week. The result is ridiculous but successful :D
    Hi!

Today i successfully bricked my OP9 to the point where the global MSM tool couldn't recognize it anymore.
    I tried everything, from different MSM tools to this thread. Nothing.

Then, Deus ex Machina, @flameteam recommended me to try Indian/EU version of MSM tool for OP9 Pro with Lite Firehose...

...It worked.

It makes no sense, but it worked for me. Try it. Good luck, and thanks a million again @flameteam !!
    You saved me my friend, spent around 10 hours trying everything else like you and this was what finally worked. Wish I had tried it first. But now I have a fully bootable device thanks to you and @flameteam
    Got back to global. Took me a day to figure it out. Enable OEM Unlock and USB debugging. I flashed temp TWRP, installed the OS Zip file from OnePlus support site. Rebooted into recovery, formatted and wiped system. Booted into global. This installation is in SLOT B. Slot A will still have horrible Indian Rom (only horrible because it shouldn't be installed on my Global Unlocked Phone, no disrespect to my Indian brothers.) Note when logging in for the first time let global do its OTA update before you do anything else, especially before you reboot. The Indian version is installed in slot A. REBOOT after OTA installed. Don't reboot before OTA does its thing. This will ensure Slot A has a clean installation. I made the mistake of rebooting before the OTA and I could not do anything with slot A. Relock the bootloader, it will wipe and you will boot into a pristine Global OS 11.2.8.8 Rom.
    My apologies!!! I just saw your thread after posting this. Please disregard😬
    Yeah I just fixed it period. LOL. My phone is back running global software and running C.48 even with working touchscreen. :)

Now... to go mess it up again flashing ROMs 🤣🤣🤣