MSM didn't work right and now stuck in fastboot loop

Search This thread

F311D0WN

Jul 5, 2022
OnePlus 8T
Have you tried reinstalling the Qualcomm driver so that you can get back into MSM?
I did try this, but my problem was the fact that every time I tried to get into edl mode, it opened fastboot instead. The fastboot options were looping around really fast, like a volume key was stuck down.

I eventually got it into edl mode, making sure I held volume up+down for 10 seconds before plugging in to the pc with MSM already started.

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
Glad to hear you got back into EDL mode.
I've had the quickly changing state in fastboot happen also. I connected the phone to the PC and then used fastboot reboot bootloader to reboot the phone and that stopped the looping.

Reactions: F311D0WN

F311D0WN

Jul 5, 2022
OnePlus 8T
I've had the quickly changing state in fastboot happen also. I connected the phone to the PC and then used fastboot reboot bootloader to reboot the phone and that stopped the looping.
ah thanks, good to know - i've used adb commands before but I was trying to use adb commands but with the fastboot suffix "fastboot reboot edl" - - rather than "adb reboot edl". From the many variations of this, it seems there isn't a way to get from fastboot to edl directly, which is slightly annoying because it would've saved me.

Hopefully i won't get there again, but maybe the "fastboot reboot bootloader" will help if I do. Cheers!

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
ah thanks, good to know - i've used adb commands before but I was trying to use adb commands but with the fastboot suffix "fastboot reboot edl" - - rather than "adb reboot edl". From the many variations of this, it seems there isn't a way to get from fastboot to edl directly, which is slightly annoying because it would've saved me.

Hopefully i won't get there again, but maybe the "fastboot reboot bootloader" will help if I do. Cheers!
Yes, there's no simple way to get into EDL from fastboot.
The other way that works for me from bootloader is:
- start MSM tool
- connect phone to PC
- hold Power+Vol Up+Vol Down until it connects to MSM
Easy!

Reactions: F311D0WN

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes, there's no simple way to get into EDL from fastboot.
    The other way that works for me from bootloader is:
    - start MSM tool
    - connect phone to PC
    - hold Power+Vol Up+Vol Down until it connects to MSM
    Easy!