msm tool unroot- stuck on waiting for device

Search This thread

mreese14

Oct 18, 2012
I am trying to use the msm tool to unroot my OnePlus 8t tmobile variant. Using the MSM tool I have run into a few different problems.

1. Drivers. When my phone is in edl mode plugged in to my computer, device manager recognizes it as usb_bulk. I tried using the provided .cab file to update windows Qualcomm drivers but windows could not ever find the files when updating. I found on another forum a automatic installer.

2. Although it now says Qualcomm 9008 windows says that driver digital signature is not recognized or corrupted. However the MSM tool does finally show COM 5 and when I plug in my device is stuck at waiting for device.

I'm pretty stuck right now and any information to help me out would be appreciated.

mreese14

Oct 18, 2012
You need to disable driver signature verification in windows to successfully install drivers.
thank you I tried this and it still didnt work eventually i went into the registry and deleted lowerfilter, and now the drivers work however,

I am faced with another issue. The MSM tool says ddr not automatically detected and wont continue so we are now trying solve this issue

gforceriders

Oct 28, 2010
Heartland Tx
thank you I tried this and it still didnt work eventually i went into the registry and deleted lowerfilter, and now the drivers work however,

I am faced with another issue. The MSM tool says ddr not automatically detected and wont continue so we are now trying solve this issue
I have encountered this error and what I found was that there are some people, me being one where you need to disable your network and change your PC date to December 2018 and then open msm and proceed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I have encountered this error and what I found was that there are some people, me being one where you need to disable your network and change your PC date to December 2018 and then open msm and proceed.