MsmDownloadTool error

Search This thread

QuinnLIVE

Nov 16, 2020
Anyone ever get this error "No valid trg ID" using the MsmDownloadTool to revert or unbrick their 7T? I dont know what this means and didnt find anything troubleshooting for it

Edit: found a working download, issue solved.

Last edited:

BrickedWifes1P

Dec 3, 2020
Found in another thread. The error "no valid trg id" in MSMTool can be solved by changing the "target" dropdown, to the right of the enum button, to "tmo".

Reactions: R0ttenB4ndit

GrayFoxbh

Feb 28, 2021
Anyone ever get this error "No valid trg ID" using the MsmDownloadTool to revert or unbrick their 7T? I dont know what this means and didnt find anything troubleshooting for it

Edit: found a working download, issue solved.

I had this too. Just switch the combobox besides the Enum button from Target to TMO before hit start.

moore.bryan

Apr 26, 2011
Oddly, I don't have any such combobox... :yikes:

EDIT

Okay, for anyone who stumbles across this thread with the same issue as me—i.e., the tool has no combobox to select "TMO" instead of "Target"—I found out through trial and error that you need to use the MSM that was developed for the 7T when it was produced. What I mean is, using the "latest" MSM tool for my phone was useless because mine was purchased quite some time ago; so, instead of using the one in the "R" directory, I had to choose one of the ones in the "Q" directory.

Hope this saves someone a lot of time...

Last edited:
Reactions: Armentanzirian

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T
I always use Superboy patched msmtool to unbrick my HD1907 as it unlocks BL and converts to Global HD1905 (also accepts EU and Indian ROMs)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Found in another thread. The error "no valid trg id" in MSMTool can be solved by changing the "target" dropdown, to the right of the enum button, to "tmo".
    Oddly, I don't have any such combobox... :yikes:

EDIT

Okay, for anyone who stumbles across this thread with the same issue as me—i.e., the tool has no combobox to select "TMO" instead of "Target"—I found out through trial and error that you need to use the MSM that was developed for the 7T when it was produced. What I mean is, using the "latest" MSM tool for my phone was useless because mine was purchased quite some time ago; so, instead of using the one in the "R" directory, I had to choose one of the ones in the "Q" directory.

Hope this saves someone a lot of time...