MT7 TL-10 bringing back to alive after Lollipop softbrick

Search This thread

alworth

Nov 14, 2014
There are several threads and questions regarding soft brick of MT7 TL-10 after deleting of system in TWRP. Some people referring that installation stucks at 90 percent..i had the same problem..playing in TWRP and suddenly deleting/wiping system and all data..i was trying all possibilities mentioned in this forum..after many hours i succeeded to bring my phone back to business. Now i would like to share my knowledge gained during this process. I own an international version of MT7 TL-10..Before updating to Lollipop and wiping all data i was running B125SP02 firmware.

Here is step by step the procedure:
1. boot into bootloader( Vol Down + Power button with phone plugged to PC)

2. Download fastboot.zip from here: https://mega.co.nz/#!fZ4CCDJD!gSMMZGhfsEx23LqbPelCWFchMYhHtl3Ro6kv7Rpz-40

3. You need to flash Boot and Recovery image in fastboot..Click thru the folder till sub folder named Fastboot..Press Shift+Right Click - Open Command window here: type - fastboot flash boot boot.img, press Enter..next command - fastboot flash recovery recovery.img..with this you have flashed boot and recovery images..dont close the command window and dont unplug your phone..stay connected

4. prepare you SD card, i used San Disk 64GB, any card 4GB+ should do the trick..Card must be formated in FAT32 otherwise your phone wont recognize your card..this you can do very easy way..
This small utility will help you: http://download.cnet.com/EaseUS-Partition-Master-Home-Edition/3000-2248_4-10863346.html?tag=mncol%3bpop&cdlPid=10982635

5. download the rollback package for M7 TL-10 http://consumer.huawei.com/it/support/downloads/detail/index.htm?id=45463
copy dload folder to your formatted FAT32 SD Card....remember, you are still in bootload mode.

6.now go back to opened command window, and you type: fastboot reboot and press enter..the card is till not inserted.the phone will restart and now you can unplug your phone..you will get scree restart/wipe data/wipe cache

7.insert your SD card into your phone, press and hold Vol UP and Down at the same time and press Power button. phone will restart but you are still holding Vol Up and Down pressed for aprox. 10 seconds till Huawei logo disappears.

8.Update will start automatically , when update is done, phone will restart again till screen restart/wipe data/cache..you have successfully rolled back..stay there, do nothing, leave your phone how it is.

9.download stock Rom, i chose this one: http://consumer.huawei.com/it/support/downloads/detail/index.htm?id=45462

10.remove your SD card, and on PC/Laptop delete the previous rollback update.app, but dont format the SD card..now copy dload folder from downloaded firmware, in this case B125SP02..
insert you card back into your phone

11.Now press again Vol Up+Down, keep pressing for aprox. 10 seconds and restart the phone with one Power button press..wait until the Huawei logo disappears..update will start automatically...wait till its finish, phone will restart and boot your system. And you are back again.

I guess, this quide should help also for TL-09 model, but with with Rom for your model.

Hope i could help you. If you have any questions, just PM me.

cata88pl

May 27, 2014
Hello !
You sad this:
".Update will start automatically , when update is done, phone will restart again till screen restart/wipe data/cache..you have successfully rolled back..stay there, do nothing, leave your phone how it is."
I installed the update, my phone restarted, it started again, but it freeze at huawei logo. That wipe/delete menu is not appear.
You phone did the same?

I continued with the installation, i pressed vol up + vol down, the huawei logo disappear, but the screen become black, and it is staying black.

Update: I fixed the black screen but the installation of the kitkat freeze at 90%
:(

Thank you!

Last edited:

alworth

Nov 14, 2014
Did you unplug your phone? if yes, try to flash lollipop recovery http://forum.xda-developers.com/mate-7/orig-development/recovery-twrp-2-8-7-0-mate7-android-5-1-t3156779

There delete/wipe everything what you can..flash back the original recovery and try it one more time

cata88pl

May 27, 2014
Thank you for your help!
It is working now!
I unpacked the B137 rom, and from this rom i forced flash from adb "system.img".
After that i did you guide again!
But, after the installation of the transition pack, the phone didn't want to install the kitkat update.app.
But i forced the installation of the software (3 button method) with the card ejected, and when the installation screen appeared i inserted the card.
And now everything is ok.

Thank you!

Have a nice week-end!

Reactions: aminclick68

baager

Mar 17, 2013
JEDDAH - KSA
thank you
thank you
thank you
10 days suffering --- till your post
its working now -- thank to you cata88pl

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Of course the credit and all the credit toyou ( alworth )
realy thank you very much for you thread

hoseinbromand

Dec 26, 2008
However, after fast boot manually and automatically wipes did not do it.
I still have problems
After installation, I can not roll back the recovery mode with 3 function buttons
After I installed the original ROM and hand wipes but remained at 90 percent.

soJlith

Aug 12, 2015
THANK YOU!

after hours of flashing roms in all different ways I finally managed to boot this piece of crap.

Props for alworth and cata88pl for helping me out

hoseinbromand

Dec 26, 2008
help please
However, after fast boot manually and automatically wipes did not do it.
I still have problems
After installation, I can not roll back the recovery mode with 3 function buttons
After I installed the original ROM and hand wipes but remained at 90 percent.

aminclick68

Apr 23, 2010
i have the exact same problem
my soloution thanks to cata88pl & alworth
first of all you must never push 3 function key (vol + vol - power) while you connectet to pc ( cause 90 % stuck problem)
1. unpack kitkat using huwai update extrator and flash system. img through adb by command: fastboot flash system system.img
2.Download fastboot.zip from here: https://mega.co.nz/#!fZ4CCDJD!gSMMZG...l3Ro6kv7Rpz-40
3.You need to flash Boot and Recovery image in fastboot..Click thru the folder till sub folder named Fastboot..Press Shift+Right Click - Open Command window here: type - fastboot flash boot boot.img, press Enter..next command - fastboot flash recovery recovery.img..with this you have flashed boot and recovery images..dont close the command window and dont unplug your phone..stay connected
4.download the rollback package for M7 TL-10 http://consumer.huawei.com/it/suppor...x.htm?id=45463
copy dload folder to your formatted FAT32 SD Card....remember, you are still in bootload mode.
5.now go back to opened command window, and you type: fastboot reboot and press enter..the card is till not inserted.the phone will restart and now you can unplug your phone..you will get scree restart/wipe data/wipe cache
6.dont insert your sd card yet
7.push 3 functional key and when screen going black insert your card rapidly, wola roll back is done and follow other percidure by the way use this metoud for kitkat dload

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are several threads and questions regarding soft brick of MT7 TL-10 after deleting of system in TWRP. Some people referring that installation stucks at 90 percent..i had the same problem..playing in TWRP and suddenly deleting/wiping system and all data..i was trying all possibilities mentioned in this forum..after many hours i succeeded to bring my phone back to business. Now i would like to share my knowledge gained during this process. I own an international version of MT7 TL-10..Before updating to Lollipop and wiping all data i was running B125SP02 firmware.

Here is step by step the procedure:
    1. boot into bootloader( Vol Down + Power button with phone plugged to PC)

2. Download fastboot.zip from here: https://mega.co.nz/#!fZ4CCDJD!gSMMZGhfsEx23LqbPelCWFchMYhHtl3Ro6kv7Rpz-40

3. You need to flash Boot and Recovery image in fastboot..Click thru the folder till sub folder named Fastboot..Press Shift+Right Click - Open Command window here: type - fastboot flash boot boot.img, press Enter..next command - fastboot flash recovery recovery.img..with this you have flashed boot and recovery images..dont close the command window and dont unplug your phone..stay connected

4. prepare you SD card, i used San Disk 64GB, any card 4GB+ should do the trick..Card must be formated in FAT32 otherwise your phone wont recognize your card..this you can do very easy way..
    This small utility will help you: http://download.cnet.com/EaseUS-Partition-Master-Home-Edition/3000-2248_4-10863346.html?tag=mncol%3bpop&cdlPid=10982635

5. download the rollback package for M7 TL-10 http://consumer.huawei.com/it/support/downloads/detail/index.htm?id=45463

6.now go back to opened command window, and you type: fastboot reboot and press enter..the card is till not inserted.the phone will restart and now you can unplug your phone..you will get scree restart/wipe data/wipe cache

7.insert your SD card into your phone, press and hold Vol UP and Down at the same time and press Power button. phone will restart but you are still holding Vol Up and Down pressed for aprox. 10 seconds till Huawei logo disappears.

8.Update will start automatically , when update is done, phone will restart again till screen restart/wipe data/cache..you have successfully rolled back..stay there, do nothing, leave your phone how it is.

9.download stock Rom, i chose this one: http://consumer.huawei.com/it/support/downloads/detail/index.htm?id=45462

10.remove your SD card, and on PC/Laptop delete the previous rollback update.app, but dont format the SD card..now copy dload folder from downloaded firmware, in this case B125SP02..
    insert you card back into your phone

11.Now press again Vol Up+Down, keep pressing for aprox. 10 seconds and restart the phone with one Power button press..wait until the Huawei logo disappears..update will start automatically...wait till its finish, phone will restart and boot your system. And you are back again.

I guess, this quide should help also for TL-09 model, but with with Rom for your model.

Hope i could help you. If you have any questions, just PM me.
    Thank you for your help!
    It is working now!
    I unpacked the B137 rom, and from this rom i forced flash from adb "system.img".
    After that i did you guide again!
    But, after the installation of the transition pack, the phone didn't want to install the kitkat update.app.
    But i forced the installation of the software (3 button method) with the card ejected, and when the installation screen appeared i inserted the card.
    And now everything is ok.

Thank you!

Have a nice week-end!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone