[MTCD/E] Android 10 upgrade using official Free tools

Search This thread

Sama41

Aug 21, 2018
Hello, I tried to follow the procedure to update my A8 to A10 but with partial success.

I spent my whole day looking for answers on the forum but I can't find a solution.

I followed the method with SD card.

With the light IMG "PX5_A10_IGV.img" (https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/11zpgoOW4eU6G1tjs7ExsZ2aC4RoZ9KDr)
Installation with succes.
But then impossible to install the OTA "hct7_px5_10.0_ota(20200831).zip" (https://yadi.sk/d/umCvHqCDzHccr/RockChip PX5 Android 10/HCT), i got the following message :

Verifying update package...
E: Failed to verify whole-file signature
Update package verification took 265.3 s (result 1).
E: Signature verification failed
E: error: 21
Installation aborted

I tried a fresh install with a full ROM in .IMG format "HCT7_PX5_10.0_IMG(20200612).zip" (https://yadi.sk/d/umCvHqCDzHccr/RockChip PX5 Android 10/HCT)
Here, installation successfully, I have android 10 who starts correctly :)

However later I wanted to update OTA and there regardless of the version "hct7_px5_10.0_ota(20200616).zip" or "hct7_px5_10.0_ota(20200831).zip", I get the message again

Verifying update package...
E: Failed to verify whole-file signature
Update package verification took 265.3 s (result 1).
E: Signature verification failed
E: error: 21
Installation aborted

Anyone have an idea for a solution?

Thank you

Attachments

• 20210219_212717.jpg
    20210219_212717.jpg
    990.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 20210220_162700.jpg
    20210220_162700.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Pavel-71

Jul 9, 2020
A possible solution:
1. Expand hct7_px5_10.0_ota (20200831). And copy the update.zip to the formatted fat32 sd card.
2. The file may be damaged, try downloading it again.
3. Try to install from recovery.
4. Try to install from usb flash drive
5. I updated it to HCT7 from hct4_px5_10.0_ota (20200902) without any problems.
Good luck

Sama41

Aug 21, 2018
Thank you for your answer :)

I downloaded the OTA to the SD card again, this time after running the update I had a black screen.

I've seen people have this problem on the forum before.

I had to remove the SD card, restart my head unit and when an "ANDROID 10" appears, I inserted the SD.
The update has started and completed successfully (yeahhh).

I'm happy because I thought I was not going to get out of it.

Now I just have to know how to update my canbus because my car does not appear in the list... It's off topic but if ever someone knows where to direct me ;)

Pavel-71

Jul 9, 2020
If you do not have your car in the list, you need the update file CANBUS.UPDE, which you can obtain from your dealer.
The only CANBUS.UPDE.rar on yadi.sk is a firmware update of the Chinese CAN adapter manufactured by Simple for Toyota (type 8 in the factory settings). There is a video instruction in the archive:

marchnz

• Nov 26, 2012
    wombleton
    USB module supplier found to enable those with MD725 to upgrade to Android 10.

This might require soldering of additional points not found on the standard BT pads.

See my thread.

thejihell

If you do not have your car in the list, you need the update file CANBUS.UPDE, which you can obtain from your dealer.
    The only CANBUS.UPDE.rar on yadi.sk is a firmware update of the Chinese CAN adapter manufactured by Simple for Toyota (type 8 in the factory settings). There is a video instruction in the archive:
    Hi Pavel, What is canbus.upde file for ? Does it mean that the car may be not recognised by OS if file not present ? (For displaying open doors or over car data..) ?

thejihell

CANBUS.UPDE should update the list of cars in the canbus adapter. If your car is not listed, contact your dealer.
    Thanks,

Adapter is the litre Electronic that interfacing the HU to the car Electronic isnt it ?
    So the file contains a simple list of vehicle ?

But what is that list for exactly ? Giving feature for à named car ?

If my HU shows for example the opened Doors or trunk or illuminate buttons while lights are ON, should I assume I have correct file for my HU ?

marchnz

• Nov 26, 2012
    wombleton
    Thanks,

Adapter is the litre Electronic that interfacing the HU to the car Electronic isnt it ?
    So the file contains a simple list of vehicle ?

But what is that list for exactly ? Giving feature for à named car ?

If my HU shows for example the opened Doors or trunk or illuminate buttons while lights are ON, should I assume I have correct file for my HU ?

Hi, since this thread is about updating to Android 10 using free tools, can you take the off topic posts regarding canbus updates to another or new thread.

thejihell

(1b) Flash boot/recovery image then an OTA zip. Thanks to @ikerg for recovery .IMG files.
    2b. Create SDCard using Rockchip SDcard create tool with .img

3b. Insert and boot from SDcard, follow prompts.

4b. After flashing, remove SDCard, boot to recovery then flash an OTA from another SDCard or USB stick.

Hi,

I dont understand clearly the process above.
    I write what I have done and what I think to do.

I have created a bootloader/recovery SD using SD_Firmware_Tool_1.56 and added to it the malaysk A10 ROM ZIP file "update.zip"
    I have done it using "update firmware" option , (not "SD boot")

SDboot option was not possible cause i get errors at attempting create boot disk, so I used update firmware wich created a disk successfully with these files inside + the malaysk A10 ROM ZIP file "update.zip" :
    Capture d’écran 2021-05-01 121913.jpg

Is that correct to upgrade my actual MCDE PX5 Android 9 HU ?

ikerg

Dec 19, 2007
    Hi,

I dont understand clearly the process above.
    I write what I have done and what I think to do.

I have created a bootloader/recovery SD using SD_Firmware_Tool_1.56 and added to it the malaysk A10 ROM ZIP file "update.zip"
    I have done it using "update firmware" option , (not "SD boot")

SDboot option was not possible cause i get errors at attempting create boot disk, so I used update firmware wich created a disk successfully with these files inside + the malaysk A10 ROM ZIP file "update.zip" :
    View attachment 5296007

Is that correct to upgrade my actual MCDE PX5 Android 9 HU ?
    On the link for the reduced images (containing bootloader) you have a more recent sd-tool ( version 1.62)

Pavel-71

Jul 9, 2020
    T

hanks. Unfortunately I tried many times with 2 different cards ans cards reader but it wont work : black screen !

Do you think Hal9K Mod Installer Pro 2 really help ?
    Yes Mod Installer Pro 2 will help, I bought it myself and did the update on android 10. I like the possibility of a seamless return to the original android, in case something doesn't work.

k3dar7

Apr 14, 2018
    T

hanks. Unfortunately I tried many times with 2 different cards ans cards reader but it wont work : black screen !

Do you think Hal9K Mod Installer Pro 2 really help ?
    i can confirm too, i write about it in previous page:

marchnz

• Nov 26, 2012
    wombleton
    Yes rippoff 2 will help, I bought it myself and did the update on android 10. I like the possibility of a seamless return to the original android, in case something doesn't work.

Hi, this thread is about using free tools to upgrade to A10.

If sdcard method doesn't work - OTG is the factory option.

The user that had trouble didn't erase flash or enter maskrom mode in OTG.

You can get a full backup including USER data from OTG.

Please, no more discussion around paid tools. Anymore posts will be reported.

SIMON Jerome

Mar 17, 2021
    Hello ;)
    I am a beginner and despite several days of reading on this forum I would like some help.
    Here is my equipment

Dasaita PX6 MAX10
    Build No .: rk3399-userdebug 10 QQ2A.200305.004.A1
    Kernel Version: 4.19.111+ # 2755 Thu Dec 31 14:02:12 CST 2020
    MCU Version: MTCE_HA_V3.71_1 Dec 21, 2020 3:48:35 PM
    Canbus: 10 NISSAN_2013TEANA (single)
    BT: WQ_RF210

I would like to update the complete position one day before starting all the configuration part.
    Which file should I take?

I would like to update it one day via SD or USB.

Thank you in advance for your help

Bonjour ;)
    Je suis débutant et malgré plusieurs jours de lecture sur ce forum j'aimerais un peu d'aide.
    Voici mon materiel

Dasaita PX6 MAX10
    N ° de construction: rk3399-userdebug 10 QQ2A.200305.004.A1
    Version du noyau: 4.19.111+ # 2755 jeu 31 décembre 14:02:12 CST 2020
    Version MCU: MTCE_HA_V3.71_1 21 décembre 2020 15:48:35
    Canbus: 10 NISSAN_2013TEANA (simple)
    BT: WQ_RF210

J'aimerais mettre un jour le poste complet avant de commencer toute la partie parametrage.
    Quel fichier dois-je prendre?

Je suouhaiterai le mettre un jour via SD ou USB.

Merci d'avance pour votre aides

Last edited by a moderator:

cannondale0815

Apr 21, 2009
    I successfully upgraded my Eonon GA9153 Android 8 HU to Android 10 using the SDcard procedure.

I then updated to HCT7 using update.zip through a USB stick. All flawless.

So is HCT7 from August the latest vanilla A10 version available for the PX5 devices?

Reactions: marchnz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      That's what MASKROM guarantees.
      How do you mean? I can use maskrom to get it back to a known state.
      Ok. I was finally able to get back to maskrom. I then used OTG upgrade to get a stock android 10 image loaded (could find 9). It looks to be working.

Sure wish fastboot was accessible in recovery like a phone so I could just boot customer recoveries.
      I will share some reduced images for recovery upgrade only....after upgrading the recovery you can upgrade to the latest OTA
      This process should be faster than upgrading with a 2.5 gb image from sdcard...as once rexovery is upgraded (70MB image) you can use the usb for upgrading to the latest ota image you downloaded
      Android 8, 9 and 10 for px5 & px6 (only android 9 and 10. No android 8 is available for px6) can be downloaded and selected within sd boot card program.

I haven't tried them yet as my px5 has md725 chip and currently my car with px6 is on service
      @marchnz if you consider appropriate, you can add this link to the OP....
      https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=11zpgoOW4eU6G1tjs7ExsZ2aC4RoZ9KDr

Enviado desde mi SM-G975F mediante Tapatalk
      To upgrade a MTCD/E PX3, PX5, PX6 from Android 6+ on using official Rockchip free tools - a reminder, bringing together multiple threads.

First note - if coming from Android 6 - early versions of Realtek dual BT/WIFI (type 2) are not supported past Android 6.
      [29/06/2020 - Android 10 - Users are report Bluetooth MD725 Type 1 is not working on Android 10...]

The only fix is to replace the wifi/bt module with the supported "type 1" GOC-MD-725. See this thread for details (placeholder)

Risk:
      Also, there is risk associated in upgrading. The SDCard method is known to result in back-screen, sometimes recoverable booting to recovery from SDcard again. If this method fails, OTG becomes the only recovery option.

Two Rockchip Official methods;

A. SDcard Method
      Note: To use these methods, your unit must support booting from SDCard or USB. Not all MTC variants are created the same, so test first.

The following is required for SDcard method
      - (1) Full ROM in .IMG format
      OR
      - (1b) bootloader/recovery only image to flash recovery,
      https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=11zpgoOW4eU6G1tjs7ExsZ2aC4RoZ9KDr
      AND
      - a 'full' OTA of your choice.
      - Rockchip SDCard create tool
      https://github.com/rockchip-linux/tools

1. Create SDCard using Rockchip SDcard create tool.

2. Insert and boot from SDcard, follow prompts.
      3. Wait for install to complete...and can take some time

(1b) Flash boot/recovery image then an OTA zip. Thanks to @ikerg for recovery .IMG files.
      2b. Create SDCard using Rockchip SDcard create tool with .img

3b. Insert and boot from SDcard, follow prompts.

4b. After flashing, remove SDCard, boot to recovery then flash an OTA from another SDCard or USB stick.

* Download bootloader/recovery flash image from here; https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=11zpgoOW4eU6G1tjs7ExsZ2aC4RoZ9KDr

B. OTG method - "Never fail, flash like a Boss, impress your friends method"
      *May require Jig, or if lucky an USB A-A cable.)
      The below method will recover a 'bricked' or non-booting unit.
      If wanting to backup your ROM and test other ROMs, this is the method you want.

The following is required:
      - ROM in .img format, or partiton extract
      - Android Tool and Driver:
      https://github.com/rockchip-linux/tools

1. Install Rockchip driver and Android Tool on PC/Laptop.

2. First try connecting your unit USB to USB using cable to PC. Try all headunit USB ports.

3. Try entering recovery. If successful you will hear the new device chime on your PC and the headunit will be connected.
      If connecting via USB method does not work, a jig must be made. See the following thread for details: https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...px3-5-headunit-mod-recover-flash-som-t3766892

4. Using Android Tool connected via USB - Flash SOM using .img file. If image file does not install, erase flash first after selecting .img file.

Hope this thread clarifies the two free and official methods to upgrade your headunit. Enjoy.

29/06/2020 - Update - Users reporting MD725 - Type 1 Bluetooth is not working on Android 10.
      28/07/2020 - Update - include bootloader/recovery plus OTA method from IMG files kindly created by the talented @ikerg .

29/06/2020 - Update - Users reporting MD725 - Type 1 Bluetooth is not working on Android 10.

March 2021 - Update - BT module found - HW upgrade to enable Android 10 upgrades. See my module thread.
      The procedure for updating from the SD card is here. Everything you need can be found under the video.

I use HCT4_px5_10.0_ota(20201216) from thread (#205)

HCT4_PX5_10.0_ota(2020/06/24) MX/WITSON​

Buona fortuna