• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

MTCD PX5 Is there anyway to change default ringtone?

Search This thread

ikerg

Dec 19, 2007
Yes if you are rooted.
There is a ringtone.mp3 file that you have to replace with the one you want (and rename to ringtone.mp3)

Enviado desde mi D6603 mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: traxformania

traxformania

Aug 11, 2017
Ankara
Yes if you are rooted.
There is a ringtone.mp3 file that you have to replace with the one you want (and rename to ringtone.mp3)

Can you write exact location of the file ? Couldn't find it. But I found a "Ringtones" folder and it has lots of mp3 files on it. [Device rooted]

Last edited:

ThiBor1

Aug 13, 2017
Hi
Its location is system/mtc and its an mp3 called ring, just make sure you rename your new mp3 file "ring" else it won't work.
not sure why there has been no updates to change a ringtone to what you want though as its a basic android function, and the standard ringtone totally sucks tbh.
hope they add this functionality at a later date

Reactions: Conan_pg

donald_dock

Aug 26, 2017
Hello, I am rooted, exchanged the mentioned file, but still the former ringtone is ringing. I'm on Malaysk v6. 2.
I already gave all rights to this file - no improvement.

Is there any other step I forgot?

lcfc12

Mar 19, 2018
Leicester
Ringtone change

Yes if you are rooted.

Tried your tip it worked great till i rebooted my Head unit Eonon GA6162F lollipop 5.1.1
then it changed back to the annoying ringtone
after looking at the properties of that ringtone it seems to point to an album with Chinese text
is there any way to stop it doing that.
Sorry i'm new to rooted android scene
any help you can offer would be great thanks

retro83

Aug 9, 2010
Did anybody ever get to the bottom of this one? I pulled the /system/mtc/ring.mp3 file and it is not the ringtone which is used by the device.

Thanks

SiamakIran

Jan 15, 2020
i try to overwrite the files but system dir is read only. i can't get it to R/W. my unit also rooted.

Hello everybody,
Actually I had the exact issue with my PX5 head unit.
In order to solve this issue, I recommend you to uninstall "Android Auto app" in your phone and head unit.
Then simply go to bluetooth menu and hit the re-syncing icon which looks like two curved arrows.

After that, you would hear your desired ringtone which you set on your phone comes from car speakers as well.

No need to change the ring.mp3 or the other files.

I hope this could help you as well.

Regards,
Siamak

rigattoni

Apr 27, 2010
Fuerth
Hello everybody,
In order to solve this issue, I recommend you to uninstall "Android Auto app" in your phone and head unit.
Then simply go to bluetooth menu and hit the re-syncing icon which looks like two curved arrows.

After that, you would hear your desired ringtone which you set on your phone comes from car speakers as well.

Regards,
Siamak

This seems to work on your unit, but on some units the ring tone is not changeable. Seems that this is not handled by the Android system at all.
@rcbear: connect your unit by ADB
Code:
ADB connect 192.***.***.***
ADB root
ADB remount

After this has been done, the file system is no longer r/o until you disconnect the power supply.

kill_one

Oct 27, 2010
Hello everybody,

Regards,
Siamak

so can't change ringtone if using android auto?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes if you are rooted.

Hi
    Its location is system/mtc and its an mp3 called ring, just make sure you rename your new mp3 file "ring" else it won't work.
    not sure why there has been no updates to change a ringtone to what you want though as its a basic android function, and the standard ringtone totally sucks tbh.
    hope they add this functionality at a later date