[MTCD][Release] SpotifyKeys - control spotify using hard keys and steering wheel keys

Search This thread

Djttrax

Sep 23, 2019
Can anyone tell me how it is installed in my audio car,. by usb? How are the steps? y

If you are looking for other music players support, please visit this thread.

Hi everyone,
I want to introduce you SpotifyKeys app for our head units.

Can anyone tell me how it is installed in my audio car,. by usb? How are the steps? you can't get an installable apk

piluf

Nov 30, 2013
many people are grateful for this application, they installed it on their android car radio but there is no way for me to install on mine because I am not able to convert zip file to apk file

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you are looking for other music players support, please visit this thread.

Hi everyone,
    I want to introduce you SpotifyKeys app for our head units.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Before you start using the application, please check if "Device Broadcast Status" is enabled in spotify settings. Without enabling this option you will not be able to use SpotifyKeys. More info can be found here.

http%3A%2F%2Fuploads.tapatalk-cdn.com%2F20160803%2F652c500b898291004e02c6de0df920de.jpg

Now you can control your Spotify application by steering wheel keys and device's hard keys. Just simply bind key to next/previous/toggle play/launch action.

Features:
    • Possible to bind multiple keys (device's hard keys and steering wheel keys) for next/previous/toggle play action
    • Bind steering wheel keys or device's hard keys for switching to the next track (only when Spotify's playback is active)
    • Bind steering wheel keys or device's hard keys for switching to the previous track (only when Spotify's playback is active)
    • Bind steering wheel keys or device's hard keys for toggle play
    • Bind steering wheel keys or device's hard keys to launch Spotify

Application has been originally developed for MTCD GS 1.61 (Android 5.1.1) device but by using microntek "virtual keys" broadcast layer it should work also for other resellers (e.g. Joying, KGL).

Please note that any key that you want to bind in SpotifyKeys should be bound first in original KeyStudy app from Factory Settings.

In order to remove learnt key use a Long Press.

It is standalone application. You DO NOT NEED TO ROOT your device in order to make SpotifyKeys work. Any Xposed framework or other 3rd party stuff is not needed as well.
    SpotifyKeys has autorun feature - it means that Android should launch it in background automatically after bootup. Just install it, "learn" key codes and forget :).

Source code:
    https://github.com/f1xpl/SpotifyKeys

Latest version:
    Version 1.4.1

Plans:
    1. Support for Google Play Music

Any feedback and sugestions will be appreciated!

Best regards!
    SpotifyKeys 1.4

Hi to all.
    New version of SpotifyKeys has been released. Functionality of learning "launch" key has been added. Now you can start Spotify or bring it to foreground using an hard key that you bound for "launching".

IMPORTANT NOTE:
    Today during tests I discovered that "com.microntek.irkeyDown" broadcast works only for keys which have assigned any action in "Factory Setting".

In case if application cannot handle key press, try to check in your Factory Settings (password to enter it: 126) whether you defined actions for buttons that you want to use in SpotifyKeys.

Please note that in "Factory Settings" you can also define "Long press" action for an button and it will have separated key code which can be used to launch Spotify (e.g. long press for "Music" hard key). In "Factory Settings" just declare any dummy action for long press (# or *), then bound this long press in SpotifyKeys.

Also one note that I forgot to mention: YOU DO NOT NEED ROOT YOUR DEVICE to use SpotifyKeys.

Enjoy!
    Download

Download URL is Changed
    github.com:/f1xpl/SpotifyKeys/releases
    hi, I tried the new version and it all works. Only the play button does not work (pause work). I sent you a video in pm message! let me know

I have not tried this because now it works.

Hi Enemy16. Thank you for your feedback. It is really useful. I watched your video and it confirms that I posted yesterday - media notification status in spotify settings is set to disabled. To make original SpotifyKeys (not this debug version with toasts) work, just enable media notifications in spotify settings. Could you please check it? It would be very helpful for me and for other users. Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

All of my factory settings work fine. They buttons on panel and steering wheel work without issue but not with spotify. I've also made sure that notifications are ON in spotify.

Please help. Thanks

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk.

Could you please post an photo of your key study panel from Factory Settings, please?
    Yeah, it's called Device Broadcast Status on the english spotify.

Thanks for the confirmation :). I was suggested by Spotify documentation, they mention about "Media notification". Furtunately we figured out the real name of it :D.

You made my mind last , congratulations! Where donation link ?

Great. Enjoy using of SpotifyKeys then. Link should be under my nick :).

I figured it out... its not called "Media notifications" on my app.

652c500b898291004e02c6de0df920de.jpg

Once I enabled Device broadcast status, it works flawlessly.

Thanks

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Great! I am really happy that we solved the issue. I will include your screen to the main post for other users. Enjoy.