• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

MTCD - Verified Cross compatible MCUs

Search This thread

amel

Jan 28, 2008
Happy new year! If anyone wants to do radiochim 6686, it is necessary a certain mcu, suitable KLD, I have HA mcu is not working. Constantly preinitialization, it was clear from the log (in terminal "dmesg")

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
wombleton
Happy new year! If anyone wants to do radiochim 6686, it is necessary a certain mcu, suitable KLD, I have HA mcu is not working. Constantly preinitialization, it was clear from the log (in terminal "dmesg")

Youve changed the radio module, do I understand correctly?
If so the HA mcu is fine, just change radio type in factory settings. Yes, ive done this mod on JY and HA MCU and while it worked, in my experience there was no gain/improvement. The 6686 being 'significantly better' is a myth.

My radio module thread here

Last edited:

subixt

Dec 10, 2017
I can add some information to KLD:
Actually I just sucessfully flashed my MTCD KLD 2.41 MCU with MTCD HA 2.61 MCU firmware.

Upgrading and settings
Some notes:
After the upgrade it lost some settings:
  • DVD setting: On the first page of the factory settings DVD was enabled. Thus the device shows the "eject" button in the status bar. Even though I am not running HA ROM and I don't have a DVD drive at all. Disabling DVD makes the icon disappear.
  • Radio Setting: I had to chose the correct radio region again.
  • Soft touch buttons: My buttons initially worked except the power button, I went into factory settings to remap them all which worked perfectly.
  • Hardware buttons: My hardware reset button (the only hardware button on my device) did not have any function after the upgrade. Remapped it too in factory settings button assignment.
  • Button LED setting: My buttons were enlighted with light blue color after the upgrade. In factory settings "other" I switched it to "RGB LED". After this change I could simply control the LED color and brightness again in android settings.

Everything else was kept as far as I remember. But it might well be that the defaults just match my device and everything got reset actually.
My MD725 Bluetooth module was still configured properly (though perhaps just because it's the first option in the selection box).

In Android settings I found the "beep" volume reset to "high" which was very annoying and terribly loud. Swiched it to "low" again, problem solved.

Bluetooth pairing:
I got some issues first with Bluetooth pairing. In Android settings i could not connect to any device despite I could set device name and PIN. Then I discovered the Bluetooth app is able to pair my phone and OBD adapter perfectly. It's also able to connect/disconnect them properly. No clue yet why Android settings does not work. But I don't care too much.

More settings:
I also noticed that in factory settings I have more options now to bind actions to hardware buttons. For example I can't remember having the option to blank the screen on button press. I still don't have this option in the steering wheel control app on my unit but this is a ROM issue.

In addition I found a switch in the factory settings "other" screen at the bottom which allows to attenuate the amplifier. Now running mine at -3dB/-6dB (still trying) which allows me to run the amplifier at a bit lower volume. Previously the lowest volume (setting "1") was a bit loud for me especially when used while the car is parked. My subjective feeling is also the noise level without any running audio source decreased. But I might be wrong on that as I did not measure this to have clear figures.

Other findings:
So far it looks for me like MTCD HA MCU is fully compatible with my MTCD device (it's a 9 inch 1024x600 unit for Subaru much like this here).

I also noticed that since the upgrade it seems to be possible to use Bluetooth and WiFi at full speed in parallel. Not sure though if it's due to the MCU as I did some heavy antenna setup modifications recently as well:
  • WLAN antenna: I put some +8dBI antennas right under the center dash at the windshield. It's not as good as an external antenna but sooo much better than the cheap cable (it was not a real antenna) my unit had. I used 2 antennas which are 2.4/5GHz compatible even though my unit currently does not have 5GHz WLAN.
  • Cabling: Used RG405 cables to connect the solder points of my MD725 chip to the back SMA connectors and from there to the antennas in the dash.
  • Rooftop antenna: Mounted an ABB (Antennentechnick Bad Blankenburg 3785.01 rooftop antenna with +20dB gain on DAB+ and GPS for great reception. Though not related to WLAN as there is unfortunately no rooftop antenna available with FM/DAB/GPS + WiFi.

I have the same head unit as you stated above. Can point me to where you find the MTCD MCU ypu are referring. Thank you!

SkyBeam2048

Jan 25, 2011
Lucerne
I have the same head unit as you stated above. Can point me to where you find the MTCD MCU ypu are referring. Thank you!

Well, as stated above I was using MTCD HA MCU version 2.61 and found it to be compatible in my use-case. I don't remember exactly what I got it from but I think I googled it - perhaps it was linked somewhere in this thread. The initial post does not include version 2.61 but 2.59 and 2.65 which should be just fine too. Meanwhile even MTCE 2.75 is available. I didn't try this one yet.

Currently my head unit is running MTCE KLD 2.65 which is the latest MTCE firmware I could find from KLD. However I currently have issues running Bluetooth in parallel to WiFi. It works but when Bluetooth is connected WiFi connection speed drops to about 50kbps. As far as I remember I didn't have this problem with MTCD HA 2.61. I might perhaps try to downgrade once more to verify. If it works I will likely try MTCE HA 2.75 as well after.

My finding with MTCE HA 2.65 I am currently running is that MTCE seems to activate the steering wheel controls only after about minute after the HU was started. Immediately after the ignition is turned on the steering wheel buttons have no function. On the other hand I had some issues that the buttons were wrongly recognized right after the HU was woken up; so for example the "source" button and "mute" button both triggered the same action. I guess now they delay the analog-digital-converter (ADC) for the steering wheel controls until voltages are stable. Apart of this I didn't actually notice any difference.

EDIT:
I just spent some time to verify my statements.
First of all: I was wrong with my statement that MTCD HA 2.61 fixed the WiFi/Bluetooth coexistence issue for me. I just downgraded to MTCD HA 2.61 and verified the numbers with a speedtest app. Result is that when Bluetooth is connected to my phone download/upload rates drop below 100kB/s. It still works but it's simply slow. I might have to try different things like changing radio channels etc. Still to be investigated.

Then I tried to upgrade to latest MTCE HA 2.75 MCU firmware. This made no difference. It behaved exactly as the MTCD HA 2.61 for me.

However I noticed one thing and this is the reason I did not stick with the HA MCU firmware: The little screen-blank button in the status bar row used to blank the screen completely on my KLD unit. Meaning it completely turns of the screen by switching off the backlight. I personally like this a lot since during night-drives I used to switch off the screen when my favourite music or radio station is tuned so I don't need the screen. As soon as any key is pressed the screen comes on again (yes, I would prefer it NOT to do this on volume up/down events, only on home/back and other keys).
Using HA MCU firmware on my KLD unit changes the behavior of this button. It will toggle the brightness but never ever turn of the screen and backlight completely. Perhaps this is the behavior also on other HA units but I think it's stupid and useless as you can change the brightness also in the notification bar and even configure different brightness for day (headlights off) and night (headlights on) mode. So I guess HA units lack the possibility to switch off the screen.

I still didn't find a way yet how to bind this action to a steering wheel button. The screen-blanking action does not appear in the steering wheel mapping app and MTCD tools might be able to do it but I don't know the classes and arguments to bind it to a key.

So currently I am back to MCU firmware MTCE KLD 2.65d which is the absolute latest one I could find. And before you ask, I found that one here.

Last edited:
Reactions: subixt

typos1

Apr 3, 2007
UK

You dont need this thread its for cross compatible MCUs ie for units that have no support any more or that lack certain features, KLD units are still supported with all features, try the normal MCU thread, there is no need for you to change your MCU to another manufacturer's.

SkyBeam2048

Jan 25, 2011
Lucerne
You dont need this thread its for cross compatible MCUs ie for units that have no support any more or that lack certain features

This was also not fully clear to me. I thought this thread is about findings regarding cross-compatiblity of any MCU. Here about cross-compatiblity of KLD and HA MCUs.

So what I can confirm regarding this is:
  • HA MCU works on KLD unit
  • HA MCU either by general or on KLD unit breaks screen-blanking functionality
  • HA MCU does not seem to be better/worse in any other aspect (at least to me)
  • Settings are not cross-compatible

The last item needs some explanation perhaps...
I just made is that when switching MCUs between different vendor flavors your exported settings might not be applied correctly. I could verify this now as I exported my dmcu.cfg to all locations (internal, external sd and USB) so it was located everywhere. After changing my MCU to HA the head unit booted with default settings. So I lost a couple of settings:
  • Beep volume
  • DVD, iPod etc. settings
  • Bootup logo (reverted to default "Android")
  • Radio region selection
  • RDS enable/disable
  • HW type and button illumination settings
  • AMP attenuation
  • SWC resistor configuration
So basically when you switch between different vendor MCU you might not have your settings preserved, even if you exported them. I believe this is due to some binary-format of the dmcu.cfg which is slightly different and not universal among manufacturers.
And no, I dont' believe I did anything wrong as when I reverted to MTCE KLD 2.65 the settings were immediately re-imported properly. Just switching to HA MCU seemed to fail importing the dmcu.cfg so settings are reverted to default. Anyway it's quite pointless providing an export button in factory settings but missing an import button which could also point out if there is an importing-issue.
But there is little hope manufacturers are going to release the tools and sources to improve such things in the future.

So the best recommendation I can provide is to create screenshots of every settings page before an MCU upgrade is performed. Especially if you're unexperienced and you don't know what the settings are used for.

However I agree that discussing a specific head unit might be out of scope here but the findings I made are (if not known already) perhaps of value for someone looking forward to install a 3rd party MCU on his unit.

Reactions: subixt

typos1

Apr 3, 2007
UK
This was also not fully clear to me. I thought this thread is about findings regarding cross-compatiblity of any MCU. Here about cross-compatiblity of KLD and HA MCUs.

I just made is that when switching MCUs between different vendor flavors your exported settings might not be applied correctly. I could verify this now as I exported my dmcu.cfg to all locations (internal, external sd and USB) so it was located everywhere. After changing my MCU to HA the head unit booted with default settings. So I lost a couple of settings:
  • Beep volume
  • Radio region selection
  • RDS enable/disable
  • AMP attenuation
So basically when you switch between different vendor MCU you might not have your settings preserved, even if you exported them. I believe this is due to some binary-format of the dmcu.cfg which is slightly different and not universal among manufacturers.
And no, I dont' believe I did anything wrong as when I reverted to MTCE KLD 2.65 the settings were immediately re-imported properly. Just switching to HA MCU seemed to fail importing the dmcu.cfg so settings are reverted to default. Anyway it's quite pointless providing an export button in factory settings but missing an import button which could also point out if there is an importing-issue.
But there is little hope manufacturers are going to release the tools and sources to improve such things in the future.

So the best recommendation I can provide is to create screenshots of every settings page before an MCU upgrade is performed. Especially if you're unexperienced and you don't know what the settings are used for.

However I agree that discussing a specific head unit might be out of scope here but the findings I made are (if not known already) perhaps of value for someone looking forward to install a 3rd party MCU on his unit.

The thread is about the findings of the cross compatibility of MTCD/E MCUs, but the guy I replied to just wanted the latest KLD MCU, hence I directed him to a normal MCU thread as there is no need to use another MCU if you have a Klyde, although advanced users could try if they wanted.

subixt

Dec 10, 2017

• Beep volume
  • Radio region selection
  • RDS enable/disable
  • AMP attenuation

Thank you for taking the time Explaining your findings this helps allot.

SkyBeam2048

Jan 25, 2011
Lucerne
I am very grateful for everyone help. However, My question still stands. Where can I find the latest version of a KLD MCU or an MCU that is compatible?

Not sure if you read completely my first answer to you (admittedly I have edited it later). I have included a link to MTCE KLD 2.65d on the very last word of the response:

[...]
So currently I am back to MCU firmware MTCE KLD 2.65d which is the absolute latest one I could find. And before you ask, I found that one here.

I also recommend you to stick to the official KLD MCU due to the reasons I already explained in previous posts. So no need to look for cross-compatible MCU at the moment. Even though I can confirm HA MCU works on KLD with some limitations explained before.

subixt

Dec 10, 2017
Not sure if you read completely my first answer to you (admittedly I have edited it later). I have included a link to MTCE KLD 2.65d on the very last word of the response:

I also recommend you to stick to the official KLD MCU due to the reasons I already explained in previous posts. So no need to look for cross-compatible MCU at the moment. Even though I can confirm HA MCU works on KLD with some limitations explained before.

My apologies. I saw the link to the MCU file. For some reason, my head uni MCU Version is MTCE_KLD_v2.70_1 . But I do not have a copy of this MCU. I should have been more precise.

subixt

Dec 10, 2017
Well, as stated above I was using MTCD HA MCU version 2.61 and found it to be compatible in my use-case. I don't remember exactly what I got it from but I think I googled it - perhaps it was linked somewhere in this thread. The initial post does not include version 2.61 but 2.59 and 2.65 which should be just fine too. Meanwhile even MTCE 2.75 is available. I didn't try this one yet.

Currently my head unit is running MTCE KLD 2.65 which is the latest MTCE firmware I could find from KLD. However I currently have issues running Bluetooth in parallel to WiFi. It works but when Bluetooth is connected WiFi connection speed drops to about 50kbps. As far as I remember I didn't have this problem with MTCD HA 2.61. I might perhaps try to downgrade once more to verify. If it works I will likely try MTCE HA 2.75 as well after.

My finding with MTCE HA 2.65 I am currently running is that MTCE seems to activate the steering wheel controls only after about minute after the HU was started. Immediately after the ignition is turned on the steering wheel buttons have no function. On the other hand I had some issues that the buttons were wrongly recognized right after the HU was woken up; so for example the "source" button and "mute" button both triggered the same action. I guess now they delay the analog-digital-converter (ADC) for the steering wheel controls until voltages are stable. Apart of this I didn't actually notice any difference.

EDIT:
I just spent some time to verify my statements.
First of all: I was wrong with my statement that MTCD HA 2.61 fixed the WiFi/Bluetooth coexistence issue for me. I just downgraded to MTCD HA 2.61 and verified the numbers with a speedtest app. Result is that when Bluetooth is connected to my phone download/upload rates drop below 100kB/s. It still works but it's simply slow. I might have to try different things like changing radio channels etc. Still to be investigated.

Then I tried to upgrade to latest MTCE HA 2.75 MCU firmware. This made no difference. It behaved exactly as the MTCD HA 2.61 for me.

However I noticed one thing and this is the reason I did not stick with the HA MCU firmware: The little screen-blank button in the status bar row used to blank the screen completely on my KLD unit. Meaning it completely turns of the screen by switching off the backlight. I personally like this a lot since during night-drives I used to switch off the screen when my favourite music or radio station is tuned so I don't need the screen. As soon as any key is pressed the screen comes on again (yes, I would prefer it NOT to do this on volume up/down events, only on home/back and other keys).
Using HA MCU firmware on my KLD unit changes the behavior of this button. It will toggle the brightness but never ever turn of the screen and backlight completely. Perhaps this is the behavior also on other HA units but I think it's stupid and useless as you can change the brightness also in the notification bar and even configure different brightness for day (headlights off) and night (headlights on) mode. So I guess HA units lack the possibility to switch off the screen.

I still didn't find a way yet how to bind this action to a steering wheel button. The screen-blanking action does not appear in the steering wheel mapping app and MTCD tools might be able to do it but I don't know the classes and arguments to bind it to a key.

I want to thank everyone for being so responsive. I decided to do more thorough analysis. I decided to hook up my old head unit to rule out any issue with the existing hardware and to my surprise find out that my old head unit has the same problem. Long story short. I checked all fuses (they were ok), and I narrow than the culprit to the Harman Kardon Amp that came with the car. For some reason, the rear channel is the only functional one. I am buying a new amp and hopefull, ythis fixes the issues.

The ROM is working correctly. Thank you all once again.

typos1

Apr 3, 2007
UK
I am very grateful for everyone help. However, My question still stands. Where can I find the latest version of a KLD MCU or an MCU that is compatible?

My original reply to you in another thread told you to try the MCU thread, that help still stands - please look in that thread for MCUs in future, this thread is for cross compatible MCUs.

is coika product are MTCD/MTCE and MCU compatible ? https://fr.aliexpress.com/store/all...ml?spm=a2g0w.12010108.100004.3.1698c4a73PLEGA

(it's PX5, Android 8.0 etc... same GUI I think )
thanks

Its not a Coika product, they are sellers, from the look of it its a GS unit. Its not so much "MTCD/MTCE compatible" it IS an MTCD/E unit.

Reactions: marchnz and mum1989

SkyBeam2048

Jan 25, 2011
Lucerne
so, I can probably install Malaysk rom ?
thanks

Not sure about this. It's a PX5 unit (likely with 4GB RAM) but as I can read it comes with Android 8.0. Android 8 seems to have different partition scheme. Most of us here are waiting for Android 8 release for their PX5/2GB units but we have been told installation is not just like a ROM update and there are some missing tools or even hardware modifications required to upgrade it. So there was no ROM image and instructions released yet as of my knowledge.

The same issue might apply if you want to downgrade from Android 8 PX5/4GB unit to Android 6 Malaysk ROM. I personally don't think this will just work out of the box. You might end up with a non-bootable system and due to missing publicly available Android 8 ROM you cannot even restore it from recovery. So I recommend you not to try downgrading to any Android 6 ROM if you own an Android 8 based PX5 board.

However this does not affect MCU, you can always upgrade the MCU. As of my knowledge the MCUs are the same for those Android 8 PX5 units. So to be clear, the MCU is for the base board where the SoM (PX5 board) is connected to. The ROM is the software which runs on the PX5 board. So upgrading MCU is safe, but changing Android 6 to 8 or vice versa is currently not tested or supported. Tools might be released in the future though or Malaysk might release an Android 8 based ROM later.
So my recommendation to you is to keep patience and do not try to install Malaysk for your own safety.

rs3754

Feb 16, 2015
Hello, I have a problem and it is that the volume button does not work and when I put a mcu of the thread if everything goes but I get some red letters, the steering wheel controls have never worked well but I guess it is the car

Attachments

• photo5949718904551091043.jpg
    photo5949718904551091043.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 133
  • photo5949718904551091044.jpg
    photo5949718904551091044.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 141

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You have to read the thread, if you can find someone with an XRC MCU who has successfully changed to a KGL one then yes, if not, you will have to experiment yourself. Make sure you export your config before trying anything.
    The CAN Bus decoder is either wired incorrectly (you may need to change some wires or swap some of the plugs on the CAN Bus loom) or the incorrect CAN Bus version is set in factory settings.
    All MTCD/E units have the same STM32 chip.
    My auto radio not working all SWC and not show temperature, doors, avg fuel,... in my alfa romeo 159 car. My version is:
    Isudar
    px3-userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47L eng.hct20180
    MTCE_XRC_V2.80_1
    2Gb/ 16Gb

I have seen similar radio working all functions in alfa romeo 159:
    Member: warlock_srb
    MTCE_KGL_V_3.01_5.

Perhaps, other motherboard, other MCU, other box canbus... I don´t know which is the problem.

thanks again
    Canbus
    That will no help as the SWC is controlled by the MCU and the CAN Bus decoder.
    This thread is to document MCUs found to be cross-compatible between MTCD units, which includes PX3 and PX5 variants, which share identical mainboard hardware and MCU Chip STM32F091.

The following MTCD & MTCE (as of v2.56) MCUs have been validated as cross compatible on 1024x600 units:
    - MLT - 01/07/17 - caution - has resulted in issues for some @leonkernan
    - JY
    - KBT - 08/12/2017 - thanks @abagos
    - KD (v2.40_2 - enables bluetooth hands free in both front speakers)
    - KGL
    - KSP thanks @Overmann
    - GS - Note "version unmatch" error and fix below No issue experienced on MTCE going from JY 2.80 to GS 2.78 and back to HA 2.80 - March 2018
    - GS compatible on MX (see post #513)
    - HA (v2.56 06/07/17 - note v2.52 on enables "shutdown delay when acc off" menu) HA MTCE (30/09/17) V2.65 https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/ufie8k
    See this thread for pics where MCU HA and KD has been applied on JY. https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=72737797&postcount=640

I initially upgraded to KD 2.40, then HA v2.52 after first exporting the MCU settings.
    Note that I had to reapply MCU settings in [factory sertings] to configure radio, LED, bluetooth, hardware keys, volume levels between radio, bluetooth, system etc.

MCUs were previously thought to be manufacturer specific - e.g. HA, JY, GS, KD, however I have found that they are compatible and of interest where there is either a specific issue with your MCU (e.g. bluetooth out of one speaker, to enable PX5 sleep mode control) or the vendor has long ceased to support & release updates - such as JY.

MCU cross-compatibility became of interest to me when I upgraded my JY [MCU v2.06_2] PX3 with a HCT PX5 SOM and wanted to enable the MCU specific menu item [shutdown delay when ACC off] to control sleep as found on HA/Dasaita.

I first noted that from an XDA post listing JY an KD v2.06_2 being identical and on that assumption, upgraded to KDv2.40_2, which successfully applied - but had to reconfigure factory settings.
    Following on, I found a post which has an image of a GS board & MCU chip - noted it was identical to the MTCD JY MCU chip [STM32F091] - then came across a post where a user had inadvertently applied a MTCD GS MCU to a MTCD JY without bricking it.

I then started comparing same version number firmware files from various manufacturer MCUs with a text compare tool. From this work, I had enough info to compare the latest HA v2.52 and conclude it 'should' be compatible. Indeed it is.

As always, check first (suggest confirming MTCD, MCU Chip part number, view/compare the fw files, ensure you have original MCU FW, backup MCU settings or document the settings to ensure your hardware controls, volume control, bluetooth, radio, canbus etc are setup correctly). Apply at your own risk.

Please post your results and I will update this thread.
    Updates:
    UPDATE: 26/06/2017 Users of 800x480 Users must also apply file[dmcu.ext], a text file containing:
    For PX3 --> screen:3
    For PX5 --> screen:1

01/07/17 - MLT
    06/07/17 - KGL confirmed and new HA v2.56
    30/09/17 - MTCE MCU confimed compatible
    08/03/18 - MTCE JY/GS/HA compatible - No issue experienced on MTCE going from JY 2.80 to GS 2.78 and back to HA 2.80

GS Specific Notes:
    For all those with a GS: Our unit is compatible with the MTCE MCU but you have to restore your settings and maybe to manually reconfigure your touchscreen and buttons. There is a simple function to do this in the factory settings (126) which is called key study. My touchscreen was also swapped by the x axis. I had to go with the swapped touchscreen into the settings, configure it, reboot the unit and everything was fine. For the buttons you have also the possibility to use short press and long press buttons, which is great because our units (at least mine) has only five buttons and no return button. So I use now the power off button as return in short press mode and power off in long press :)

Version unmatch see this post where user resolved by reapplying MCU AND Software APK Fix Here
    - Attached Version Unmatch APK fix to this post, thanks @Wadzio

GS Configuration Settings file:

Do not dilute this thread by posting "how-to" questions such as - how do I update the MCU, what unit do I have, can I do it, how do I find factory settings, etc. This thread is to document cross-compatible MCUs and the fixes they apply.
    KD --> HA for 800x480 Screen

I have had quite an experience over the weekend, but am able to report successfully updating a PX3 MTCD_KD unit to a PX5 with the HA2.52 MCU Code.

For those of us with 800x480 screen sizes, as now noted in the main thread, we need to create the dmcu.ext file with the appropriate screen size to be flashed with the dmcu.img file.

Just a note that if you run across the issue of not having the appropriate resolution; don't freak out.

One interesting note I hadn't mentioned before is that after the PX5 started thinking it was 1024, I replaced it with the PX3. The PX3 booted thinking it was 1024 also. After reverting the PX3 to 800 (flashing with screen:3), I replaced the PX5. The PX5 however, did not revert back to 800, but remained at 1024. The PX5 did not revert back to 800 until after I reflashed the MCU, specifically stating it was to be 800 (screen:1).
    I can confirm a cross compatibility as well.

My Unit is a xtrons device with die MCU firmware GS 2.43 and yesterday i did flash the HA 2.52. But be sure to save your mcu config first. Otherwise the hardware buttons won't do what they were supposed to do. But after flashing the firmware and restoring the config, everything is back to normal.
    Hi, thanks, I have added to post #1. Do you have a screen shot I can add?
    I only have after installing it. Its px3, I'm waiting to px5 board to update it.
    Some time ago I tried to investigate what actually those abbrevations mean. In my understanding GS, JY, HA is related to the canbus profiles, not directly to the reseller. It seems to be reasonable because MCU has really tiny flash capacity and add all canbus configurations to one chip would be impossible.

No, you are wrong there - the letters very definitely relate to the manufacturer, NOT the CAN Bus profiles KLD = "Klyde" KGL, = "Kai Ge Le", JY = "Joyous" etc, this has been established for years.

The seller has NOTHING to do with the software at all.

The CAN Bus profiles are named in factory settings

On MTCB/C headunits there was a slight difference in the code between MCU types so they were not interchangeable (apart from BN and HA), it would seem that on MTCD units there is no such variation in the code.