MTCH_CHS Version Unmatch -04

Search This thread

yrmomsadic

Dec 9, 2022
I’m new to the android radio scene, asking for some help here. I’ve been reading in the forums here about “version unmatch” and the corresponding MCUs. I have a new QCM6125 running android 12. Things were working fine, but there were a few bugs. The seller sent me an update “6125 GS16 12.0 20220928”. I uncompressed it, put it on a usb, and updated the radio with “update.zip”. Upon reboot I got the version unmatch and beep. I mentioned this to the seller, they tried to send me another update, but it quits with an error.

Am I correct in assuming I shouldve got a CHS update, and they gave me a GS? What do I need to fix this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    759.7 KB · Views: 53

marchnz

Nov 26, 2012
NZ
Have a look through MTCD forums, there's quite a lot of information covering that.

Failing that, what does the reseller suggest, have they provided any support and does that work?

yrmomsadic

Dec 9, 2022
Have a look through MTCD forums, there's quite a lot of information covering that.

Failing that, what does the reseller suggest, have they provided any support and does that work?
Thanks for getting back to me. I've been scouring the MTCD forums the past few days. Learning a lot (seeing your name a lot too), but not necessarily getting where I need to yet. Frankly it seems to be leaving me with more questions than answers.

So the seller's response to my "version unmatch" problem was to ask me to downgrade (assuming A10), and sent me another file (HCT7B_SC138_10.0_OTA(20220520).zip) which quits the install and goes into recovery mode. I made a youtube vid of it here (per seller request):

Later they sent me a third update (6125 GS16 2022.3.3.zip) which by the name looks to be similar to my first A12 update, but an earlier version? It quit and did the same thing as the A10 downgrade above.

From the forums and my recovery screen I see that I DON'T have a Rockchip, and thus downgrades might not be possible? Also, the CHS seems to be more rare. I did see the MTCH_CHS_V3.80 on 4pda (my current is v3.78), but can't seem to download it (404 error). My canbus decoder box says it’s a CHS, so I'm assuming CHS is the correct MCU? If so I'm not sure where the "version unmatch" error is coming from. Could that be something I've changed in the factory settings, like the steering wheel setting?

I've tried the first update that caused the version unmatch problem (6125 gs16 12.0 20220928.zip) a second time, and it installs and completes just fine, but doesn't get rid of the problem.

I read about the version unmatch unlock app, and read it didn't work with A12, tried it anyways, and it quit like others said.

I've been ghosted by the seller for about 2 weeks now. So on one hand I feel like I'm stuck, but from reading here, it could be as simple as updating the MCU? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Pavel-71

Jul 9, 2020
What processor do you have? I think Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 and that is a different processor than in these threads, PX is being addressed here. For MTCD/E, the Red "version mismatch" is an MCU problem, not a firmware problem. Did the seller not include the MCU-dmcu.img update with the first firmware update, which was also installed when you installed the firmware? You probably installed another manufacturer, first find out what you had originally, if you don't know, write to the seller. You can try McuUnmatchUnlock app, but I don't know if it works on Qualcomm Snapdragon 665, you have to try it yourself:
Instructions:

Or, if you haven't done any MCU update and you're sure you have CHS, then MTCH_CHS_V3.80 is also here:

There is not much about Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 here even on 4pda, I tried the search engine:

There is one Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 thread on the 4pda with MCU: MTCH_xxx, but not much here either:

Last edited:

yrmomsadic

Dec 9, 2022
Pavel-71, thanks for the response. Yes it is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 6125, 4G/LTE, 6GB RAM, 128GB ROM, 8-core I bought from AVIN. You are correct that they did not give me a separate MCU *.img file. All that was located in the files they provided me was the android "update.zip" file. I have never updated the MCU, until now I had assumed it was included in the update.zip file. I read more last night that it is not so. Android is update.zip, MCU is dmcu.img. The seller's instructions to me make no mention of an MCU image.

I had requested from the seller 3 days ago, when I first started reading about this, they send me the MCU image and config file. I've heard nothing back.

So if I understand what's happening here, it sounds like my MCU (CHS) is likely the original, because I never updated it with an *.img file, and it’s possible the seller gave me a snapdragon version of A12 that was meant for a different MCU, causing the mismatch? If so, wouldn't my android version be wrong, and shouldn't I need an android version made for CHS? Is there a way to tell which MCU the android version is made for?

I also read that the Wifi version can't be installed on the 4G/LTE version, and it's possible if the first is wrong, the second and third files that wouldn't install could be wifi only versions of Android, when I have a 4G/LTE.

Pavel-71

Jul 9, 2020
In my opinion, you can't downgrade to android 10 using update.zip, for that you should use some QPST tool and the update.img file, which contains the recovery of android 10. And the installation is done from a computer with a usb cable, but I'm just guessing. I noticed you didn't select wipe data and flash format before updating. Try updating again with 6125 GS16 12.0 20220928, and this time mark data wipe in the table, I think when you installed the GS update on CHS, without data wipe, it gave a mismatch error. The German company M.I.C. it has its updates on Qualcomm Snapdragon and there is also a guide where it recommends wiping the data to remove any errors:

Attachments

• Opera Snímek_2022-12-10_182712_forum.xda-developers.com.png
    Opera Snímek_2022-12-10_182712_forum.xda-developers.com.png
    292.4 KB · Views: 11

yrmomsadic

Dec 9, 2022
In my opinion, you can't downgrade to android 10 using update.zip, for that you should use some QPST tool and the update.img file, which contains the recovery of android 10. And the installation is done from a computer with a usb cable, but I'm just guessing. I noticed you didn't select wipe data and flash format before updating. Try updating again with 6125 GS16 12.0 20220928, and this time mark data wipe in the table, I think when you installed the GS update on CHS, without data wipe, it gave a mismatch error. The German company M.I.C. it has its updates on Qualcomm Snapdragon and there is also a guide where it recommends wiping the data to remove any errors:
Thanks for getting back to me. I looked at that MIC page you linked to, followed the instructions, checked wipe data and did the restore with the above mentioned update.zip file. The update completed successfully, it did erase all my data, apps, and settings. It did NOT fix the version unmatch issue though.

While I'm here, my CPU says, AArch64 Processor rev 2 (aarch64) @1.8GHz (x8)

Pavel-71

Jul 9, 2020
Too bad it didn't help. Hard to advise now. If the seller doesn't call and send the original GS update, I would try the McuUnmatchUnlock app. If that doesn't help, try updating MTCH_CHS_V3.80. The last option, but I don't know if it's safe, is to try an update from M.I.C. I really don't know how it is with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 665, but firmware from other vendors can be installed on PX processors without any problems, I installed HCT7, HCT4, GS16, M.I.C., CHS, Hal9k firmware on the PX5 without any problems. The problem is with the MCU update, here when using another manufacturer unmatch can occur, sometimes it helps to use the original manufacturer or the McuUnmatchUnlock application. For more serious problems, a special programmer is needed. Try to register on 4pda and ask here, maybe they can give you better advice, CS-X is excellent, it has MCU thread in the message.

yrmomsadic

Dec 9, 2022
Too bad it didn't help. Hard to advise now. If the seller doesn't call and send the original GS update, I would try the McuUnmatchUnlock app. If that doesn't help, try updating MTCH_CHS_V3.80. The last option, but I don't know if it's safe, is to try an update from M.I.C. I really don't know how it is with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 665, but firmware from other vendors can be installed on PX processors without any problems, I installed HCT7, HCT4, GS16, M.I.C., CHS, Hal9k firmware on the PX5 without any problems. The problem is with the MCU update, here when using another manufacturer unmatch can occur, sometimes it helps to use the original manufacturer or the McuUnmatchUnlock application. For more serious problems, a special programmer is needed. Try to register on 4pda and ask here, maybe they can give you better advice, CS-X is excellent, it has MCU thread in the message.
I initially did try the mcuunmatchunlock.apk, and the app quits and fails upon opening. It was one of the first things I tried when I found this forum. I appreciate the effort and attempt, felt a little alone and on my own here until I found this forum.

If I understand what I’ve read in the many pages here, wouldn’t getting another GS android cause the same issue? Correct me if I’m wrong, but if I have a CHS MCU, I either need an android built for CHS & 4G/LTE (from seller), OR attempt to change the MCU to GS, which could potentially brick me if not compatible.

Pavel-71

Jul 9, 2020
Sorry I wrote it wrong, of course I meant the original CHS firmware. Of course you are right about MCU, you should use CHS.

yrmomsadic

Dec 9, 2022
Well, the seller (AVIN) finally got back to me, "Sorry for the inconvenience. You can send back the unit for a replacement." I would've rather just installed the correct update.zip file, but this is better than nothing. Thanks for the help, and at least I found a new interesting forum.