MTK6577 phones?

Search This thread

tr1p1ea

Aug 21, 2012
Hi All,

Been seeing a lot of china phones running the MTK6577 + SGX531 and was wondering if anyone had any real performance figures on any of these devices, particularly those with screen resolutions greater than 800x480.

There are a lot of knock-off phones running this however there are some china-branded phones sporting them as well.

Ive seen some threads surrounding haipai devices that are running this SoC, however they only seem to have 512MB RAM and WVGA screens (albeit the screens are quite large physically).

I was wondering if there were any phones running MTK6577 with 1GB RAM and a 960x540 or better yet a 1280x720 screen?

I understand that they are cheap and would like to know if they represent 'bang-for-buck' at all?

jhusly

Jan 12, 2013
Manila
Hi everyone!

Im planning to buy a Galaxy S3 clone and found one in distributor in our place which has a very impressive specs and actual benches. I would be getting it next week so I'm digging for rooting methods useful for this one.

Phone specs :

101229194_095236477da86a7948b957afb909bfeaa43d6c6364ccba8ba.jpg

Help would really be much appreciated. ;)

TIA:good:

Oct 14, 2012

pmk159

Feb 27, 2011
Not to sound rude but believe me I have my moments I don't think the idea is the problem.

Try the whole adb and driver installing in different modes you may have more luck pulling the device in adb and driver installing process in different modes such as power off, power on android logo, and your factory test mode.

If you can't see your device and all drivers have been installed and you rebooted your pc and doted all the i's and crossed all the t's then there is a major system problem and it is a paper weight.

Best wishes to the birthday child. Don't try anything to crazy and you should be able to get a refund I hope.

I have still not managed to adb into the phone but I have another one that works ......

Can I save the ROM from the working phone and put it on the non-working one, if so how ??

Oct 14, 2012
I have still not managed to adb into the phone but I have another one that works ......

Can I save the ROM from the working phone and put it on the non-working one, if so how ??

Let's just slow it down a little bit before we go to the point of no return.
Let's start by using Google to answer life's mysterious problems.

I did some surfing for you I found this.
First make sure it is for your exact phone then take it slow read it read it again and then give it a shot.
Following every step slowly just keep in mind your cell can be brought back from the dead but only if I do everything perfect.

http://www.droidextra.org/2012/10/28/install-clockworkmod-on-karbonn-a18.html

taufik.arka

Nov 17, 2012
jakarta
Sorry my Bad English
I've Phone Maxtron ventus with spesification
MTK5677 Dual core 1Ghz
4 Gb rom , 512 Mb ram
4' capasitif WVGA
but I was struggle to root the phone
Can u help me for root this phone?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-19-15-48-24.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-19-15-48-24.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 184
  • Screenshot_2013-01-17-14-49-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-17-14-49-06.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 181

zdravke

Jul 24, 2011
My G3 sold

I just got rid of my JIAYU G3.

I am getting sceptical about all these Chinese phones stuff after trying one on my own, and a very popular one - JIAYU G3. Screen was really nice, with nice viewing angles, colors and black/white levels, but not much more than that.

1) MKV high profile was not playing at all, since HW acceleration was not working in MX and BS players. SW was able to handle it only up to certain bandwidth
2) GPS lock was taking minutes, after all fixes applied. Did not test much, it was sold right after
3) BT audio was a mess - tracks skipping or not playing at all. After I start driving, I have to pull over and mess with BT to reconnect, and then it still skips. BT calls were muddy but at least were not dropping
4) Camera - no HD recording. Really? On 8MP sensor? But wait, it seems that it's not 8MP, as photos looked strange, almost like extrapolated 5MP. Night shots better not be used at all
5) Flash - underpowered compared to my 2.5 years old iphone4. How much does it cost these days to solder one high power led?
6) Scrolling between screens works smoothly only if you don't have wallpaper with more than one color on it. Don't even try to put live wallpaper.
7) Battery - everyone talks about battery size. How about battery life? It's much more important (and more difficult) to have LOW BATTERY CONSUMPTION, then to stuff huge battery that takes 8 hours to charge. This one had one of the biggest batteries out there, and was holding up like my 2.5 year old iphone 4. Charging was painfully long and erratic - it would sometimes charge to 93% and stop, then you take battery in/ out and level is suddenly at 75%? Or, it runs down to 7%, then you reboot and level is suddenly at 25%? What a mess.
7) Typing SMS or any typing at all - I cannot type really fast on a soft keyboard, but I was still too fast for this dual core setup. It was dropping out every 5th char roughly. I had a Samsung Google Nexus before, so I am not even comparing to iPhone any more.

Was I unlucky with my first chinese phone? I don't know, it seems there are plenty of people who are happy with other 6577 models. I will know more after I get my Freelander I20, but that's for another thread.

Reactions: rai555

jago25_98

Jul 17, 2007

I am getting sceptical about all these Chinese phones stuff after trying one on my own, and a very popular one - JIAYU G3. Screen was really nice, with nice viewing angles, colors and black/white levels, but not much more than that.

1) MKV high profile was not playing at all, since HW acceleration was not working in MX and BS players. SW was able to handle it only up to certain bandwidth
2) GPS lock was taking minutes, after all fixes applied. Did not test much, it was sold right after
3) BT audio was a mess - tracks skipping or not playing at all. After I start driving, I have to pull over and mess with BT to reconnect, and then it still skips. BT calls were muddy but at least were not dropping
4) Camera - no HD recording. Really? On 8MP sensor? But wait, it seems that it's not 8MP, as photos looked strange, almost like extrapolated 5MP. Night shots better not be used at all
5) Flash - underpowered compared to my 2.5 years old iphone4. How much does it cost these days to solder one high power led?
6) Scrolling between screens works smoothly only if you don't have wallpaper with more than one color on it. Don't even try to put live wallpaper.
7) Battery - everyone talks about battery size. How about battery life? It's much more important (and more difficult) to have LOW BATTERY CONSUMPTION, then to stuff huge battery that takes 8 hours to charge. This one had one of the biggest batteries out there, and was holding up like my 2.5 year old iphone 4. Charging was painfully long and erratic - it would sometimes charge to 93% and stop, then you take battery in/ out and level is suddenly at 75%? Or, it runs down to 7%, then you reboot and level is suddenly at 25%? What a mess.
7) Typing SMS or any typing at all - I cannot type really fast on a soft keyboard, but I was still too fast for this dual core setup. It was dropping out every 5th char roughly. I had a Samsung Google Nexus before, so I am not even comparing to iPhone any more.

Was I unlucky with my first chinese phone? I don't know, it seems there are plenty of people who are happy with other 6577 models. I will know more after I get my Freelander I20, but that's for another thread.

Well said. My x710d also had problems but not really as much as this. Battery was about OK I thought in that case. Crap night shots too. H/W accel I don't remember as having problems. GPS as good for me once I fixed it... but that EPO server thing was rubbish and unreliable.

In all... it works... a basic phone with no flashy stuff. I didn't think anything was unacceptable for me, just no slickness. I'd buy the phone again for other purposes... just not as a main phone. Useful for a kids phone. Useful as a backup.

docsky

Jan 25, 2013
Well said. My x710d also had problems but not really as much as this. Battery was about OK I thought in that case. Crap night shots too. H/W accel I don't remember as having problems. GPS as good for me once I fixed it... but that EPO server thing was rubbish and unreliable.

In all... it works... a basic phone with no flashy stuff. I didn't think anything was unacceptable for me, just no slickness. I'd buy the phone again for other purposes... just not as a main phone. Useful for a kids phone. Useful as a backup.

gud tutorial veri nice

Oct 14, 2012

No as of now that is about standard. I have had the same issues I have fixed all those issues except the camera.

CtK4949

Aug 6, 2010
No as of now that is about standard. I have had the same issues I have fixed all those issues except the camera.

Hi,

How was you able to play High Res(1080P) MKV files?? Were you also able to play MP4 1080P videos??

I have been testing a few phones with MTK6577 and they either have sound and no picture or picture with distorted audio.

Used MX Player and MoboPlayer.

please reply,

thanks!!

nahidabdullah

Mar 16, 2011
Hi,

How was you able to play High Res(1080P) MKV files?? Were you also able to play MP4 1080P videos??

I have been testing a few phones with MTK6577 and they either have sound and no picture or picture with distorted audio.

Used MX Player and MoboPlayer.

please reply,

thanks!!

What you need to do is when you start the file in MX player choose H/W encoder or click on the audio icon in the corner and make sure H/W audio encoder in unchecked

zdravke

Jul 24, 2011
What you need to do is when you start the file in MX player choose H/W encoder or click on the audio icon in the corner and make sure H/W audio encoder in unchecked

Guys, spend 50 eur more and get yourselves a descent hardware like Exynos 4412 Quad Core in Newman N2 or the like. It has two generations higher GPU, and you really feel the difference. GPS locks in seconds, and screens and games simply fly. There are issues like in most of the Chinese phones, but they are coming around.

I sold my JIAYU G3 after couple of days. It could not even scroll between screens without stuttering, let alone play 720p.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tanks for your contribution. Please post again.

Sent from my GT-i9300 using xda premium
    Hi All,

Been seeing a lot of china phones running the MTK6577 + SGX531 and was wondering if anyone had any real performance figures on any of these devices, particularly those with screen resolutions greater than 800x480.

There are a lot of knock-off phones running this however there are some china-branded phones sporting them as well.

Ive seen some threads surrounding haipai devices that are running this SoC, however they only seem to have 512MB RAM and WVGA screens (albeit the screens are quite large physically).

I was wondering if there were any phones running MTK6577 with 1GB RAM and a 960x540 or better yet a 1280x720 screen?

I understand that they are cheap and would like to know if they represent 'bang-for-buck' at all?
    135.0 etyPe

I have the Haipai x710d MTK6577, And so far i love it, Rooted with a custom rom, Super fast and lots of features 2gb of usable space, With the custom rom it fixes the SD card problem so you are able to save all your data and app on it now. very speedy, great screen color yeah its not a super amoled or anything but it looks great to me, It depends on opinion about the screen resolution and the way it looks. Games play great. Battery life is awesome. Camera is awesome. ICS 4.0.9, For me and this is my first second Chinese phone, And so far i love it. recommend to anyone.

Chris

Hi,

How to root this phone?

Thx
    Can some one please tell me which is the better processor b/w MTK6575 and MTK6577? Thanks.
    MTK6575 - single core
    MTK6577 - dual core

The MTK6577 is better.

Oh I just bought a phone from a chinies seller on ebay
    Which said it's a dual core. But it has mtk 6575. It's N9880
    With a 6 inch screen, 2gb Rom n 512 mb ram. Any body has that phone here? Looks realy nice in the videos. Should be getting it in a week or 2. Will do a review once I get it. here Is the lInk .... now I cant see dual core wrItten any where In the description, strange...... item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=320959704275&cmd=VIDESC
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone