• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

MTK6889 Note30 Plus confusion

Search This thread

FrankL5862

Jan 4, 2021
I have the MTK6889 Note 30 Plus it has a 10 core Processor 1440x1340 graphics 512 gigs storage and 12 gigs of ram dual sim cards micro sd card add on sounds Great Huh? well in there lies the problem it says it comes with android 10 pre installed and it does a custom version of it android 10 and lollyPop 4.1 so what i want to know is can i wipe this phone which is an unlocked phone and install android 11 on it and have a somewhat decent phone because right now it sucks and it even has a 48 mp rear camra and i believe the front is like 13 i really like the phone but because of the way they set it up it does not work right at all like it tells me im running out of storage space when there is over 500 gigs blank and i cant have updated programs because it wont download them saying not compatable its crazy.

Last edited:

FrankL5862

Jan 4, 2021
No its not a dual boot phone but it does have a custom built android 10 whom ever built the phone must have had some things that her or she liked from 4.4.1 lolypop i was going through a bunch of the files and aplications last night and it has lollypops UI or something i just want a normal phone that works with android 10 or 11 i mean this phone has some great properties about it just not the Operating system can you help me set it up better?

TrippyBlade

Jul 17, 2021
Xiaomi Redmi 8A
No its not a dual boot phone but it does have a custom built android 10 whom ever built the phone must have had some things that her or she liked from 4.4.1 lolypop i was going through a bunch of the files and aplications last night and it has lollypops UI or something i just want a normal phone that works with android 10 or 11 i mean this phone has some great properties about it just not the Operating system can you help me set it up better?

Hi FrankL5862,

I'm familiar with the issue, also got a bricked "Note30 Plus" and an also Chinese clone of "S21 Plus 5G".
The Android OS is made into a custom ROM of Lollipop 5.1.1 thats the base Android OS. While they say it's
a Android OS 10 or 11 version they also cheated about the other specifications... You can easely check it with
"Droid Hardware Info" or "Device Info HW" both apps are available as APK-file or in the Google Playstore.
So basicly the smartphone is fake cause of the specs... But it is nice to play around with it and use it to get
more of the control of MediaTek based machine

Can maybe anyone get for me the firmware for the "Maimeite Note30 Plus MT6572" and for the "S21 Plus 5G MT6580"? Haven't found them yet...