Question Mtkclient bootloader unlock brakes fastboot?

Search This thread

Julian_10

Hi, just i had an experience with the realme 8g bootloader, I unlocked it by using fastboot and installed magisk with some mods, but I didn't like it so i wanna get back stock, so I reinstalled stock and stock recovery back, and also locking the bootloader again but ended with phone boot/recovery omg destroyed so I searched I way to recover the phone, I found out that I can use mtkclient to do that, using broom mode and unlocking the bootloader but came with consequences. They will be dm-verify on boot that's meaning that will have to press the power button in 5 seconds, and can't boot to custom recovery.

If someone has any idea? Please reply!

LegendProBeast

Account currently disabled
Nov 7, 2022
Hi, just i had an experience with the realme 8g bootloader, I unlocked it by using fastboot and installed magisk with some mods, but I didn't like it so i wanna get back stock, so I reinstalled stock and stock recovery back, and also locking the bootloader again but ended with phone boot/recovery omg destroyed so I searched I way to recover the phone, I found out that I can use mtkclient to do that, using broom mode and unlocking the bootloader but came with consequences. They will be dm-verify on boot that's meaning that will have to press the power button in 5 seconds, and can't boot to custom recovery.

If someone has any idea? Please reply!
Did you get your phone fixed? If so, how?
Please reply soon as I did something wrong after unlocking bootloader on my realme 8 5G too and now I need to flash stock ROM. I got it to BROM mode (using that payload trick), but still got errors like STATUS_BROM_CMD_STARTCMD_FAIL in SPFT.

Julian_10

Did you get your phone fixed? If so, how?
Please reply soon as I did something wrong after unlocking bootloader on my realme 8 5G too and now I need to flash stock ROM. I got it to BROM mode (using that payload trick), but still got errors like STATUS_BROM_CMD_STARTCMD_FAIL in SPFT.
I got it fixed, also running android 12, it was challenging with broom mode but in the end I fixed it. The most errors I got when using broom mode was that payload things, or SP flash version didn't supported my processor.

Try to follow this guide.
https://xdaforums.com/t/guide-unbrick-realme-8-unbrick-upgrade-downgrade-rmx3085.4392095/

Last edited by a moderator:

DeviceMesser

Nov 28, 2022

DeviceMesser

Nov 28, 2022
You have any social media like discord, maybe I can help you more directly, and get more feedback from you
I do have discord.
Screenshot_20221129-203534_Discord.jpg

You have any social media like discord, maybe I can help you more directly, and get more feedback from you
Bro please help, I have shared my Discord ID

jRaven90

Oct 3, 2023
Anyone dealt with a disabled brom mode on a mt8163 chipset? Basic mtkclient commands have not reenabled and jumping preloader has been ineffective any ideas would be welcome ty

Attachments

• 20231101_223650.jpg
    20231101_223650.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 7