MTP does not work, at all.. What happened to MTP?

Xkore16

Jun 28, 2014
I have experienced issues with MTP (media transfer protocol) for over a year now.. I cannot connect my S7 to my pc using mtp, as there is no mtp option avaible when usb is connected and sliding down the drop down menu, selecting the usb options..
I've tried everything, different usb cables, different computers, laptops, different usb ports, calling *#0808# to make sure my connection is set to MTP + ADP, unlocking developer and selecting MTP from usb developer settings, nothing, nothing works, and I'm getting really really frustrated with it...
Yes I have Samsung Smart View installed, but no reaction when i plug in usb.
So again, there is no MTP option for me to connect my device to my pc in order to transfer files.
The ones I do have in the menu: transfer files, transfer images, midi connection, charge phone.
Also after I connected the usb to my phone, I get a pop up on my phone screen saying: "the connected device has no acces to data on this device, try reconnect the usb cable en try again."

Any ideas? Been looking for anwsers for a while now...
Regards

bigalbklyn

Feb 21, 2015
Do you have any package disabler apps running, if you do make sure no MTP apps are disabled.
Also make sure your PC has Samsung USB driver installed.

Xkore16

Jun 28, 2014
Do you have any package disabler apps running, if you do make sure no MTP apps are disabled.
Also make sure your PC has Samsung USB driver installed.
I do have some apps disabeled, tho I don't think I've disabled an app that causes the issue with MTP..
What is disabled?
Briefing
Excel
Facebook
Google Drive
Google Play Films
Google Play Music
Hangouts
One Drive
PowerPoint
Samsung Gear
Samsung Health
I disabled those cause I don't really have a usecase for them

Thanks for linking me this! I do have a compatible S7 model,
But I guess I forgot to mention that my phone also does not read any sd card anymore.. And the whole reason I want MTP to work is so I can transfer all my files to my pc, in order to do a proper factory wipe and reset everything, so I can begin again with a clean install.
Thus making your tutorioul not really usefull here since I'm loosing all my data with the update..