• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Multi-ROM is here!

Search This thread

yohandesilva1

Oct 9, 2010
Dubai
how you get it to work?

Install multirom manager v1.180 or later initially it will show product not supported.
then go to settings and click on the version number 5 times to enable developer options.
set override manifest URL to - http://tasemnice.eu/multirom-test/manifest.json
go back to the main page now it will refresh and you can install Multirom.

download all the rom files you need, Boot to TWRP --> Advanced --> Multirom --> add rom --> SELECT ANDROID ZIP --> select the zip files and flash.
Reboot and now you should see a boot-menu with all your roms. :victory: Enjoy the beauty of android in all shapes and sizes :)

Last edited:

bradputt

Jun 16, 2010
Install multirom manager v1.180 or later initially it will show product not supported.
then go to settings and click on the version number 5 times to enable developer options.

download all the rom files you need, Boot to TWRP --> Advanced --> Multirom --> add rom --> SELECT ANDROID ZIP --> select the zip files and flash.
Reboot and now you should see a boot-menu with all your roms. :victory: Enjoy the beauty of android in all shapes and sizes :)

I'm sorry but I think you misunderstood me, I mean how did you get it to work with no custom kernels with kexec support now.

Unless Franco have got a secret version which support multi rom

yohandesilva1

Oct 9, 2010
Dubai
OMG guys im sorry I was using franco but recently I was flashing kernals to get xposed working. Im not very sure what I use now. Im at work now Ill report back ASAP

Guys im sorry but now I feel dumb. I have attached a snip about my kernal. I cant remember which one it is. can some one please identify. Im using xposed with this kernal.

And I flashed Franco just to see if it works with multirom as expected it dosnt.

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    22.8 KB · Views: 1,323
Last edited:

kontrolled

Feb 28, 2015
Franco kernel does not work with multirom on my nexus because it doesn't have the kexec-hardboot patch. Is there a way around that to still be able to use Franco? Or should I just flash the CM kernel?

_Dennis_

Apr 25, 2010
Only thing I found, when booting using after setting up the app 'LiveBoot' (it shows the debug messages while booting) the display will freeze on the last wall of text when boot finishes. Still can interact with the screen, just have a wall of text between you and what android is trying to display if that makes sense. I just turned it off and all works good now.

x0nar

Oct 5, 2012

Hi. I tried following your instructions. But no where in the Developer Options can I see an option to override Manifest URL. My current ROM is Blisspop 10/3. Could you please help me around ?

photonicgeek

Oct 7, 2013
Hi. I tried following your instructions. But no where in the Developer Options can I see an option to override Manifest URL. My current ROM is Blisspop 10/3. Could you please help me around ?

1. Open MultiROM
  2. Tap the overflow menu button at the top right
  3. Tap the settings option
  4. Tap the version number 7 times
  5. scroll down some more
  6. Check off "Override Manifest URL"
  7. Tap "Manifest URL"
  8. in the URL where it says ".../multirom/...", add -test. It should noqw be "http://tasemnice.eu/multirom-test/manifest.json"
  9. Tap OK
  10. Go back to the main screen
  11. Refresh
  12. Install

x0nar

Oct 5, 2012
  1. Open MultiROM
  5. scroll down some more
  7. Tap "Manifest URL"
  8. in the URL where it says ".../multirom/...", add -test. It should noqw be "http://tasemnice.eu/multirom-test/manifest.json"
  9. Tap OK
  11. Refresh
  12. Install

Thanks a lot man seriously thanks a lot

x0nar

Oct 5, 2012
So I have installed Multi ROM now. However I would prefer to change my primary ROM.
So what are the steps to do the same ?
Also do I need to flash a kernel which has kexec.c hardboot patch, everytime I would prefer to change my Primary ROM ?. And what about Inject Curr.Boot sector?

brando56894

Dec 16, 2010
Jersey City
From the looks of it you just go to "Swap ROM", I tried it last night and it doesn't seem like you can place one of your secondary ROMs as your primary ROM, but you can make your primary ROM one of your secondary ROMs and install a new one, which will need to have the kexec patch.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is just a testing version - use the stock and CM kernels I built for now. However, if nobody encounters any more problems with MultiROM v31x and recovery 2015-03-09 p1, I will release the stable version soon, and with it, the kexec-hardboot patch for kernel devs to merge.
    Check the multi-ROM maintainers G plus page, it works like a charm.
    Do the kernels force encryption?

My kernels are just kernels, and not whole boot images - the change that does what you call "force encryption" is inside the init ramdisk, a part of boot image that does not get overwritten by my kernels. That means you keep whatever you had before you flashed my kernels - if it didn't force encryption before flashing, then it won't do it after you flash it either.

1. Open MultiROM
    5. scroll down some more
    7. Tap "Manifest URL"
    9. Tap OK
    11. Refresh
    12. Install