Multi windows problem

Search This thread

rakibnissan

Oct 3, 2012
I am using new galaxy s8 .
When I am using multi windows on screen, after opening 2nd windows 1st one goes on sleep/pause mode. If I try to keep 1st one awake 2nd one goes on sleep mode.
How can I keep both of them working at the same time?

For example:If I keep YouTube on 1st window and play something and work on second window video is playing perfectly. Same one galley but if I keep the navigation on 1st window and on second window do something else navigation is not working goes on pause. I tried on waze or other software they are remaining pause....

khaddem

Mar 20, 2010
Same situation with my s7 edge. I wanted to test the accuracy of Google map and waze in multi window and one would stop when the other one would work. Trying to find a fix.

Sent from my SM-G935T using XDA-Developers Legacy app

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
I could see why map and waze wouldn't work at the same time, since both use GPS and for accuracy active mapping program should have full access to GPS. Not sure about other program combinations.

jackleung

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 10, 2005
USA
I could see why map and waze wouldn't work at the same time, since both use GPS and for accuracy active mapping program should have full access to GPS. Not sure about other program combinations.
Wrong. Multiple apps using the same GPS is not an issue here.

The issue here is probably how the apps is written to handle the onPause() handler.

See here for more detail: https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/ui/multi-window.html#lifecycle I am using MX Player + Waze and see the same behavior. But if you look carefully, the screen of waze is not completely stop. The speed meter is in fact updated to your current speed.

So, write to Waze and they may fix it.

Aralei

May 15, 2018
So is there no other way to fix this? I would like to play 2 games at the same time in my phone but this issue prevents me from doing so. Im sure that other phones that supports split screen do not have this issue. So maybe this is something on the Samsung S8 side already?