• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Multiple users on Fold 3? (aka work profile)

Search This thread

pulyka

Apr 4, 2007
Budapest
hey everyone,

I am struggling to find the option for adding another user.
I found this and this article on samsung web however netiher works for me.

The goal would be a completely secondary user for my work (work profile) which is password protected.
do you guysknow how to enable it?

Thanks!

Flame Red

Reactions: pulyka
Oct 20, 2021
hey everyone,

I am struggling to find the option for adding another user.
I found this and this article on samsung web however netiher works for me.

The goal would be a completely secondary user for my work (work profile) which is password protected.
do you guysknow how to enable it?

Thanks!
Not sure about a completely different user, but does the Secure Folder work for you? Separate apps, contact lists, can't paste outside of it, separate files, etc. all password/fingerprint protected.

Last edited:
Reactions: pulyka

pulyka

Apr 4, 2007
Budapest
I believe multiple users requires a rooted phone if your carrier does not enable it for you. I have not done this on the Fold 3 since I want the camera to continue to work and rooting it will kill the camera - thanks Samsung!

This is how you change BuildProp to enable multi user if you have root: How to Add Multi User Support to any Android Device with a Build.Prop Mod

Once you have it enabled, here is how you add users:

How to add another user
thanks very much! I'll take a look.

ruffruff

Sep 15, 2006
I used secure folder for my work purpose as well, all the company login, apps are completely separate via secure folders and the company admin won't be able to see my non-work information in this manner.

Top Liked Posts