MultiRom v33 for Meizu PRO5

faust93

Apr 27, 2010
Moscow

Introduction
This is Tassadar's MultiROM, a multi-boot solution, port for Meizu PRO5. The main part of MultiROM is a boot manager, which appears every time your device starts and lets you choose ROM to boot. ROMs are installed and managed via modified TWRP recovery. You can use standard ZIP files to install secondary Android ROMs and MultiROM even has its own installer system, which can be used to ship other Linux-based systems.

Features:
* Multiboot any number of Android ROMs
* Restore nandroid backup as secondary ROM
* Boot from USB drive attached via USB-C OTG cable

Warning!
It _is_ dangerous. This whole thing is basically one giant hack - none of these systems are made with multibooting in mind. It is no longer messing with data partition or boot sector, but it is possible that something goes wrong and you will have to flash factory images again. Make backups. Always.

Installation

Prerequisites
Your device must not be encrypted and crDroidAndroid-7.1.1 build started from 20161218 should be installed as primary ROM (because it has kexec-hardboot enabled kernel).

MultiROM has 2 parts you need to install:
  • Modified recovery - download the ZIP or IMG file and flash it using current (TWRP) recovery or fastboot or Flashify app.
  • MultiROM - download the ZIP file and flash it in recovery.
You current rom will not be erased by the installation.

Adding ROMs
Go to recovery, switch to MultiROM menu (button at the top right corner ) and tap "Add ROM". Select the ROM's zip file and confirm. As for the space, clean installation of Flyme 5.x after first boot takes 1.9GB+ of space.

Updating/changing ROMs
1. Primary ROM (Internal)
Flash ROM's ZIP file as usual, do factory reset if needed (it won't erase secondary ROMs)
Go to MultiROM in recovery and do Inject curr. boot sector.

2. Secondary Android ROMs
If you want to change the ROM, delete it and add new one. To update ROM, follow these steps:
Go to MultiROM -> List ROMs and select the ROM you want to update.
Select "Flash ZIP" and flash ROM's ZIP file.

Sources
https://github.com/faust93

Last edited:

or965

Mar 2, 2013
Hi, @faust93 I installed it but I have problems with Secondary rom .
Ater I flashed TWRP-3.0.2-multirom_m86 and multirom-m86 I tried to install flyme 5 as Secondary rom .It boot but I cant hear sound when using earphones.
Another problem is that when using nandroid backup install on Secondary rom does not work properly,it does not boot.
Another thing ,How I can uninstall multirom .I cant find a uninstall zip.

p82maarj

Dec 11, 2007
Seville
Hi, @faust93 I installed it but I have problems with Secondary rom .
Ater I flashed TWRP-3.0.2-multirom_m86 and multirom-m86 I tried to install flyme 5 as Secondary rom .It boot but I cant hear sound when using earphones.
Another problem is that when using nandroid backup install on Secondary rom does not work properly,it does not boot.
Another thing ,How I can uninstall multirom .I cant find a uninstall zip.
I have the same problem, both with secondaries Flyme 6 beta and flyme 5.1.12.G
Bluetooth earphones works ok, but 3.5 jack earphones not.
I have also that issue "Another problem is that when using nandroid backup install on Secondary rom does not work properly,it does not boot."

Last edited:

or965

Mar 2, 2013
Hi, faust93 you still didn't answer to my reply
"Hi, @faust93 I installed it but I have problems with Secondary rom .
Another thing ,How I can uninstall multirom .I cant find a uninstall zip."
I do not want to hurry you but I will appreciate if you can provide a way to uninstall it.

faust93

Apr 27, 2010
Moscow
Hi, faust93 you still didn't answer to my reply
"Hi, @faust93 I installed it but I have problems with Secondary rom .
Another thing ,How I can uninstall multirom .I cant find a uninstall zip."
I do not want to hurry you but I will appreciate if you can provide a way to uninstall it.
Hi,
Yes there is a bug with headphones on secondary flyme rom. I cant hear sound too.
If the secondary rom is crdroid you must remove boot.img to boot it.
To uninstall - just reflash primary rom (uncheck Inject multirom.. check box first) and remove multirom folder from sdcard.

rickylcp

Mar 20, 2008
Hong Kong
thanks faust93! this is the greatest thing ever happen on Pro5! really appreciate your effort!

1 quick question, if i flash the stock Pro 5 stable firmware as 2nd rom, do i need to remove the BL and recovery file in update. zip first?
or i can flash it whole thing directly?

i asked so because i worry it may override my twrp if flash it directly

thanks again!

Mollic

May 22, 2016
thanks faust93! this is the greatest thing ever happen on Pro5! really appreciate your effort!

1 quick question, if i flash the stock Pro 5 stable firmware as 2nd rom, do i need to remove the BL and recovery file in update. zip first?
or i can flash it whole thing directly?

i asked so because i worry it may override my twrp if flash it directly

thanks again!
i'm NOT sure, but i think that is not needed to do so.

mrsocky

Jul 15, 2010
@faust93 this is compatible with RR rom built by u or just CC droid roms only?:confused:
Yes I have latest RR flashed as a primary rom!

As for the headphones in Flyme rom, you can try following commands in Terminal (root required):
su
cd /system/bin/; ./tinymix -D 1 16 1; ./tinymix -D 1 13 1

The downside is that you'll have to issue these commands everytime you plug in your headphones (you can try to use Tasker or similar app to automate the process). Another issue is that some report that DAC is not working.

Last edited:

mrsocky

Jul 15, 2010
How about the secondary rom, does calls work properly for u without issues?

Sent from my PRO 5 using Tapatalk
Haven't tryed out Flyme as a secondary Rom yet, as I'm more than happy with my RR (7.1.2)!:)
But as I write, the latest Flyme 6 beta is downloading and I'll report as soon as I find out.