• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Music Skipping Problem

Search This thread

JKSurf

Jul 15, 2015
Los Angeles
I'm having an issue with music playback. About once every song there is a short pause. Only happens when the mp3s are coming from the microsd card (Sandisk Ultra 128gb microsdxc class 10). Playback is smooth from internal memory. Transferring songs from microsd to internal memory transfers at 25mb/s so it doesn't seem to be a hardware issue.

I've tried:
Moving sim card to the other spot
Turning off wifi
Restoring back to stock (I'm running debloat script, no swap, rooted, adaway)

The problem still persists. The microsd came from a moto g 2015 and I did not have this issue with that phone.

Anyone have the same issue or know of a fix?

Last edited:

cyrusalmighty

May 30, 2009
Hartford
Are you using Emui/stock music player? Which player do you use? Are you listening through phone speaker/headphones/Bluetooth? I have not experienced this issue with stock Music app on phone spesker so far.

Reactions: JKSurf

JKSurf

Jul 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Are you using Emui/stock music player? Which player do you use? Are you listening through phone speaker/headphones/Bluetooth? I have not experienced this issue with stock Music app on phone spesker so far.

I'm using Poweramp but have the same issue with Google music. I haven't tried the stock player. Issue happens through Bluetooth, headphones (wired), and phone speaker.

Messenger is not installed. Using Google now launcher.

Almost seems like it runs out of memory because it also happens when I open another app while listening to music.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Uninstalling Facebook messenger worked for me.