• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Themes / Apps / Mods Must-have Apps For Your Phone?

Search This thread

ventolino

Nov 4, 2010
Root Explorer for file management...........have been using for several years (and you don't have to be rooted).
Launcher - have been using Nova Prime (currently using the beta releases). Wondering, of all of the launchers in the Play Store, which is the best for battery saving?
Ad blocker - I do the following:
Settings, Connections, More connection settings, Private DNS - dns.adguard.com
Couls you post the icon of ad blocker? There are mano app with this name.
Thanks

tafo

Dec 8, 2008
Beirut
Root Explorer for file management...........have been using for several years (and you don't have to be rooted).
Launcher - have been using Nova Prime (currently using the beta releases). Wondering, of all of the launchers in the Play Store, which is the best for battery saving?
Hello, can you tell me if Adblock works consistently?I applied that as you mentioned, it worked for a couple of hours and now it cannot be accessed at all..thnx

Reactions: Nastrahl

supersonic64126

Nov 1, 2008
Naples WE-FINALLY-HAVE-LTE FL!
Holy wow. I'm a photographer as a hobby and photopea just blew my mind. I mean all my professional photos are done via the computer, but this app looks like it blows polarr out of the water for anything I do mobile
Right? What will really blow your mind is that it's a web app! Runs in any web browser photopea.com on just about any device!

Reactions: Acoustichayes

dezborders

Jun 23, 2010
Glasgow
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
SyncMe Wireless .... the name of the app says it all!

I have 9000+pic & video files and 30,000+ MP3 files collected over 25 years and keep a copy on both my Laptop and Phone. (~260GB of data)

This app allows me to keep phone and PC in sync when on same wireless network, update in both directions and schedule each folder sync period.

Yess... ok... maybe I *should* use a cloud service, but few services offer 260GB of free data, and I also need to be able to access my data when offline.

This is the single most useful app I have found in over 15 years of Android phone usage. ;)

Last edited:

Talderon

I have 9000+pic & video files and 30,000+ MP3 files collected over 25 years and keep a copy on both my Laptop and Phone. (~260GB of data)

This app allows me to keep phone and PC in sync when on same wireless network, update in both directions and schedule each folder sync period.

Yess... ok... maybe I *should* use a cloud service, but few services offer 260GB of free data, and I also need to be able to access my data when offline.

This is the single most useful app I have found in over 15 years of Android phone usage. ;)
If you are looking for the cheapest Cloud Storage solution, I think you should look into Office 365 from Microsoft.

Essentially, for a personal account at $6.99/mo ($69.99/yr), you get:

1. Microsoft Office (App download and Office Cloud)
2. FULL versions of Office an ALL Mobile Platforms (just log into your MS account on the devices to unlock)
3. 1 TB of OneDrive space (includes Personal Vault for more security)

You get some more stuff, but the crux of it is, you get 1TB of cloud storage as well as everything else, and if you are an Office user, then this is about as good as it gets.

dezborders

Jun 23, 2010
Glasgow
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
If you are looking for the cheapest Cloud Storage solution, I think you should look into Office 365 from Microsoft

Essentially, for a personal account at $6.99/mo ($69.99/yr)

You lost me at 69.99 a year as I am a Scotman with a wallet so tight closed it is waterproof and air sealed 😀

In any event no cloud based service will allow me OFFLINE access to my 260gb of data

Talderon

You lost me at 69.99 a year as I am a Scotman with a wallet so tight closed it is waterproof and air sealed 😀

In any event no cloud based service will allow me OFFLINE access to my 260gb of data
Ummm... OneDrive allows you to have off-line storage of your files. You just have to tell it which folders you want Sync'd for off-line storage. I use it all the time to transfer files between my phone, PC and iPad.

Although, I can understand about the cost, but for that cost, you get a LOT more than just cloud storage. :)

Nastrahl

You can with OneDrive by right click on synced items then "always keep offline"
It will keep them while still sync them on change. Works on folders too then it includes all file within

With the Amazon app too I think, there's a sync option that keep your files offline and just update them on the cloud on change and vice-versa (if I'm not wrong)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Photopea for desktop Photoshop on that big screen. Also Microsoft Remote Desktop for essentially turning your phone into a Microsoft Surface.

What is the best weather app?
    I've been using WeaWow for over a year. Not sure it's "The Best(TM)", but I had tried others and they sucked for various reasons (mostly ads). IIRC, this app hits you up once, asking for support. Then leaves you alone.
    Nope, not paid. They ask for support once then leave you alone.
    Yes but I have 280gb of music and pictures ... That's why I bought 512gb phone

So if everything is already copied into my local storage what benefit (apart from as a backup) is there in me having it in cloud ?

I need offline access when in the office as we are not allowed WiFi and there's very poor signal
    Well, yeah, backup and being able to share to other devices.

I know what you mean though since I bought the 512GB version too. I just use the Cloud as an easy backup and sharing center more than anything.

There won't be a perfect solution, just have to decide on what you want. Unless you have a backup of everything somewhere you can rely on, having Cloud Backup is great because you know you can access it anytime and anywhere (well, that you have internet).
    What is best ad blocker, given this phone might not be rootable?
    The same for a file manager?
    Adguard
    This is my first fold, is there a specific app that is great for wallpapers that will fit the native resolution that are of material design?
    Try WallCraft. As soon as I opened it, it identified my device and resolution and will only show wallpapers that fit. I'm sure you can find whatever kind you'd like in there, there's TONS!