MX Player Custom Codec [AC3,DTS,MLP,TRUEHD, etc..]

Search This thread
May 4, 2019
Work For me.
What appears to work for the moment is stopping the settings for automatic apps updates from the Play Store on the Android TV and then install and use v1.26.7 with the 1.25 codec - which worked OK for me. I don't understand why the hell this app was updated if it botched the subtitle support for embedded subtitles in MKV files.

JFK1975

Jun 27, 2016
Berlin
Thx for your work. I downloaded update to pro version these days which is 3.2.8. unfortunately Codec 1.3.2 won't work with.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-04-07-36-34-224_com.mxtech.videoplayer.pro.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-03-04-07-36-34-224_com.mxtech.videoplayer.pro.jpg
    428.6 KB · Views: 185

Mandrake1er

Mar 5, 2021
Montgeron
Just force MX Player to use 1.25.0 codec version by renaming the files in aio zipped file '1.25.0' by '1.32.0' . You'll get the embedded subtitles.
The problem comes from the 1.32.0 codec, not from the app.

To be clear :
- Download 1.25.0 aio zipped codec
- Rename the files '1.25.0' by '1.32.0' inside the zipped file
- Use this codec with the last version of MX Player

Last edited:
Reactions: dnzbr
May 4, 2019
Just force MX Player to use 1.25.0 codec version by renaming the files in aio zipped file '1.25.0' by '1.32.0' . You'll get the embedded subtitles.
The problem comes from the 1.32.0 codec, not from the app.

To be clear :
- Download 1.25.0 aio zipped codec
- Rename the files '1.25.0' by '1.32.0' inside the zipped file
- Use this codec with the last version of MX Player
This DOES NOT work for everyone, I have a Sony 4K Android TV and if I install the 1.32 version of the app, it DOES NOT ACCEPT version 1.25 of the codec (as it is, renamed in archives or as a renamed direct file). It keeps asking for the new version - and the new version does not work well with the subtitles. Period. The codec compiler needs to work better on the ARM V 7 NEON version of this codec or else we get stuck with this irritating issue.

Mandrake1er

Mar 5, 2021
Montgeron
I'm not sure that you tried what I recommend :
- use the 1.25 aio zipped version of the codec (the name of the file you have to download is mx_aio.zip), not the other ones (mx_neon.zip, mx_neon64.zip, mx_x86.zip or mx_x86_64.zip)
- inside this file (mx_aio.zip), you have different files with 'xxx.1.25.0' names (because it's the 1.25.0 version of the codec)
- rename these files by 'xxx.1.32.0' (with that, MX player will read it as the 1.32.0 version of the codec)
- use this file (mx_aio.zip with the renamed files inside) with MX player.

What does mean for you that the app is 'asking for the new version' ?

Last edited:
May 4, 2019
I'm not sure that you tried what I recommend :
Clearly, it's a waste of time for me to explain again - I have used the 1.2.5 aio zip and file - renamed the files inside it to 1.32 and the player DID NOT accept the codec files - it kept asking for the new version of the codec - the app figured out the files have been merely renamed and not compiled as a new version - which can only mean that there is also an internal code in the file that specifies the codec version - it's not just in the name of the file. I am not a n00b - in my device, the player just refuses to work with or install the old codec on the new version 1.32.8 of the player.
It's not your fault, but I wish the codec compiler did a better job about all the files in the archive.

Reactions: JFK1975

Mandrake1er

Mar 5, 2021
Montgeron
If it can help : I renamed the files inside the zipped file using Winrar, and used directly the zipped file as codec. I'm quite sure that is what you did.
I understand that the 1.34.5 version of the free player (mine) and the 1.32.8 version of the PRO player (I guess it's yours) don't check similarly the codec version. It could also depend on the devices.

Last edited:

TotallyAnxious

Aug 3, 2013
Clearly, it's a waste of time for me to explain again - I have used the 1.2.5 aio zip and file - renamed the files inside it to 1.32 and the player DID NOT accept the codec files - it kept asking for the new version of the codec - the app figured out the files have been merely renamed and not compiled as a new version - which can only mean that there is also an internal code in the file that specifies the codec version - it's not just in the name of the file. I am not a n00b - in my device, the player just refuses to work with or install the old codec on the new version 1.32.8 of the player.
It's not your fault, but I wish the codec compiler did a better job about all the files in the archive.
Works fine here.

skyhirules

Nov 14, 2012
Athens
I really don't understand why should all the users in this topic struggle to find a way to use the custom codec, instead of a simple update from the developer to make it functional!?
Hello!!! Is the OP listening at all???

Reactions: AntiSpamXChecker

rsngfrce

May 13, 2012
NorCal
Considering the fact that the codec is an unofficial workaround for an issue that was imposed on MX Player by the Play Store, I don't think it is fair to place too many demands on the devs for issues that arise with it. The OP doesn't even mention the purpose of it, but answers many questions.

Reactions: Mandrake1er

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The name of the zipped file (means *.zip) doesn't matter. What matters is the names of the codec files inside the zipped file (or directly the name of the codec files if you don't use the zipped file). You can change the name of a file in a zipped file by using Winrar for example.
    How to rename the zip file of custom codec, can anybody tell me?
    I want to use mx neon64.zip, but can not load it in mx player
    If you're using mx v1.34 you need to rename the file (libffmpeg.mx.so.neon64.1.35.0) inside the zipped file to libffmpeg.mx.so.neon64.1.32.0
    Do the codecs work for mx player pro as well? I always assumed it was for the normal version
    Yes, they deal with an audio issue that isn't allowed in the app on the Play Store, both free and pro.
    aio means All In One : the same codec files, but you don't have to know what you exactly need.
    https://github.com/USBhost/MX_FFmpeg is my modified source where i'm building from
    You can download the codecs:
    here ( Google Drive :: All versions )
    here ( GitHub releases )
    Also the XDA download tab is no longer updated as for some reason I cant remove them.

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Check which version you need by going to Local Player Settings/Decoder/General
    in the Custom Codec tab it will tell you which one is needed (x86,x86_64,neon,neon64/ARMv8).
    Note: skip step 1 if your using aio (all in one) version
    2. Download the one you need (No need to unzip it)
    3. Go back to Local Player Settings/Decoder/General
    and tap the Custom Codec tab then select the version you downloaded. DONE!
    Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :

What's the difference between MX Player Codec Packs on Google Play and Custom Codec?
    MX Player Codec Pack not only contains ffmpeg library, It contains many other libraries required to work properly. If you download MX Player from Google Play mostly it will contain the required libraries according to your device architecture. You have to install codec packs from Google Play only if MX Player asks to install. Custom codec is just a modified version of the ffmpeg library used in MX Player. It's modified to include support DTS/Dolby(ac3) audio tracks. So, Codec Pack is mandatory if MX Player asks to install it. Custom Codec is optional and It's required only if you want to play the videos with DTS & Dolby (AC3) audio tacks

Why Custom Codec is not updated even though MX Player is updated?
    In Many occasions MX Player may updated without any changes to ffmpeg library. So, Custom Codec will also remain same. The custom codec version required will be directly forced by the player itself. So no need to worry about it. If it's not compatible MX Player will not load at all.

How do I know that my Custom Codec is outdated & needs an update?
    Whenever MX Player is updated, It will check the custom codec version loaded. If it's outdated it will show a error message that shows "Custom Codec is out of date. Replace it with the new version". Otherwise there is no need to check this thread for the new Custom Codecs.
    Custom codecs for 1.9.8
    Update 1.13.0 is up!!!

Thanks a lot..man:eek::eek:

1.13.0 ARMv8 codec is needed here as well, thank you !

Please, it any chance to get ARMv7 Neon codec for version 1.13 mx player? I have sony TV and its problem with EAC3 :-/ Need codec for this version.

It's up on Google Drive now!!! :angel: neon64 is our ARM64
    However I can't seem to upload them to XDA... I guess Brave does not like flash lol oh well.
    Edit: Its up on XDA as well now.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone