MX Player Custom Codec [AC3,DTS,MLP,TRUEHD, etc..]

Search This thread
MXPlayer can't find custome codec file. Actually MXPlayer file browser doesn't show any file but just empty directories/folders. I've been updating EAC3 custom codecs for MX successfully many times before on my Nvidia Shield and everything was going well. I guess this problem occur after Shield 9.0 update.
Has someone came accross with such issue?
Check permissions. Android 11 changes stuff. Otherwise try clearing app data and setting up again.

Reactions: OldKnight

pasha.mcr

Feb 24, 2018

ashish1989

Aug 22, 2014
Ghaziabad

Arradon

Apr 25, 2018
Hi,

as I have an old receiver with analog inputs only, and I wanted to play 5.1 movies from a pendrive, I bought a Savio Silver TV box (https://www.savio.net.pl/en/product/savio-smart-tv-box-silver- 2-16-gb-android-9-0-pie-hdmi-v-2-1-8k-wifi-100mbps-usb-3-0-savio-tb-s01 //) and via a converter to analog (https: //pl.aliexpress.com/item/1005001497439539.html) with an optical cable and then an analog cable, I connected the whole thing.

I was excited that I would finally be able to enjoy 5.1 sound after I moved, unfortunately ... There is no way I can achieve that. Tried MX Player and VLC, nothing. VLC is so good that the subwoofer speaks as a separate one, not in the MX Player. The front L and R switch sides properly, while CENTER and SURROUND both play every other channel (except SUB) and their channels are also played in every other speaker ...

On this page I found that MX may need a codec: https://mkr-novo2.ru/en/internet/ka...em-problemu-format-ac3-ne-podderzhivaetsya-mx .html. There was actually a mention of such. I found something on the XDA forum (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mx-player-custom-codec-ac3-dts-mlp-truehd-etc.2156254/), installed. Of course, no change.

3 hours today I wasted and a lot of nerves trying to do all kinds of ways, both changing SAVIO settings and looking for something in players. No effect, the same thing all the time ... 😞
I don't think there is anything wrong with the audio outputs on both the Savio and the converter.

I tried on AC3 and AAC 5.1 movies.

I don't have the strength anymore and I am asking for help.

Last edited:

AlesUlrych

Jan 20, 2019
Hello,

After I updated MX Player Pro to version 1.42.13 on my old Google Nexus 7 (2013) tablet with android 12 (LineageOS 19 from Followsi), Mx Player told me on startup that I have an old version of Custom Codec). I found your thread and downloaded and installed ARMv7 NEON version 1.41.2).

And I don't know if it's the new LineageOS 19, or the new version of Mx Player, or your codec, but now I can play movies on my old tablet in HEVC (H265) codec, without image jitter. E.g. Aquaman moviev.
Unbelievable.

bobinh2otown

Aug 3, 2007
Hello,

After I updated MX Player Pro to version 1.42.13 on my old Google Nexus 7 (2013) tablet with android 12 (LineageOS 19 from Followsi), Mx Player told me on startup that I have an old version of Custom Codec). I found your thread and downloaded and installed ARMv7 NEON version 1.41.2).

And I don't know if it's the new LineageOS 19, or the new version of Mx Player, or your codec, but now I can play movies on my old tablet in HEVC (H265) codec, without image jitter. E.g. Aquaman moviev.
Unbelievable.
Because it's a newer version the older codec won't work on it. I have an Nvidia shield TV that has MX player pro with the same version and I can tell you I cannot find a codec pack right now I've been checking this every few days. But I did find a newer version would supposedly the codec pack installed. So far it's been playing every video and I know the version without the pack will not.

AlesUlrych

Jan 20, 2019
Because it's a newer version the older codec won't work on it. I have an Nvidia shield TV that has MX player pro with the same version and I can tell you I cannot find a codec pack right now I've been checking this every few days. But I did find a newer version would supposedly the codec pack installed. So far it's been playing every video and I know the version without the pack will not.
Try this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hm5SPMRIIJ_WRYyVPX_KYQDpGb18MSFg/view?usp=sharing

Downloaded from here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/mx-player-custom-codec-ac3-dts-mlp-truehd-etc.2156254/page-153

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
Codec needs update as version 1.41.2 doesn't work with latest version of mx player

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-03-10-06-51-07-224_com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-03-10-06-51-07-224_com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 93
  • Sad
Reactions: BloodEdge

jojee2k6

May 6, 2020
Sorry noob here, just unboxed R646, intended to play 4K SDR content from external HDD. I used Soundcore Q30 BT headphone, I installed NOVA player from Google play, but audio so low, couldn't feel EAC3, or DOLBY ATMOS effect. Also I don't like NOVA as there's no option of resume playback, every time it starts from the beginning.
Heard about MX player, hence came here, please suggest how should I proceed? Install MX player firstly from google play -> download and save AIO in External HDD -> Go back to Local Player Settings/Decoder/General
and tap the Custom Codec tab then select the downloaded version 1.41.2.zip from External HDD.????

Is this all? or there's something else?

jojee2k6

May 6, 2020
With Nova, you can resume playback, and use MX Player as external player.
You can check the used codecs with the about menu (in MX Player).
I couldn't find the option, like I am in middle of movie, I exit NOVA, then replay the movie, it restarts from beginning. That might be the secondary issue, primary is it doesn't play the encoded audio through BT headphones, unless I use Boost Audio, which destroys original quality. Albeit the default player in TCL R646 plays well the audio, but that player sucks. Will explore further the options. But will try out MX player as well.

Last edited:

Mandrake1er

Mar 5, 2021
Montgeron
Just after stopping your video (not exiting Nova), you should have the choice to play the video again from the start or to resume it. I guess that you exit Nova instead of stopping the video.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https://github.com/USBhost/MX_FFmpeg is my modified source where i'm building from
    You can download the codecs:
    here ( Google Drive :: from 1.35.0. down ) no longer being updated.
    here ( GitHub releases )
    Also the XDA download tab is no longer updated as for some reason I cant remove them.

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Check which version you need by going to Local Player Settings/Decoder/General
    in the Custom Codec tab it will tell you which one is needed (x86,x86_64,neon,neon64/ARMv8).
    Note: skip step 1 if your using aio (all in one) version
    2. Download the one you need (No need to unzip it)
    3. Go back to Local Player Settings/Decoder/General
    and tap the Custom Codec tab then select the version you downloaded. DONE!
    Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :

What's the difference between MX Player Codec Packs on Google Play and Custom Codec?
    MX Player Codec Pack not only contains ffmpeg library, It contains many other libraries required to work properly. If you download MX Player from Google Play mostly it will contain the required libraries according to your device architecture. You have to install codec packs from Google Play only if MX Player asks to install. Custom codec is just a modified version of the ffmpeg library used in MX Player. It's modified to include support DTS/Dolby(ac3) audio tracks. So, Codec Pack is mandatory if MX Player asks to install it. Custom Codec is optional and It's required only if you want to play the videos with DTS & Dolby (AC3) audio tacks

Why Custom Codec is not updated even though MX Player is updated?
    In Many occasions MX Player may updated without any changes to ffmpeg library. So, Custom Codec will also remain same. The custom codec version required will be directly forced by the player itself. So no need to worry about it. If it's not compatible MX Player will not load at all.

How do I know that my Custom Codec is outdated & needs an update?
    Whenever MX Player is updated, It will check the custom codec version loaded. If it's outdated it will show a error message that shows "Custom Codec is out of date. Replace it with the new version". Otherwise there is no need to check this thread for the new Custom Codecs.
    Custom codecs for 1.9.8
    Update 1.13.0 is up!!!

1.13.0 ARMv8 codec is needed here as well, thank you !

Please, it any chance to get ARMv7 Neon codec for version 1.13 mx player? I have sony TV and its problem with EAC3 :-/ Need codec for this version.

It's up on Google Drive now!!! :angel: neon64 is our ARM64
    However I can't seem to upload them to XDA... I guess Brave does not like flash lol oh well.
    Edit: Its up on XDA as well now.