MX Player Custom Codec [AC3,DTS,MLP,TRUEHD, etc..]

Search This thread

jmz768

Sep 17, 2008
Can somebody please explain how to update my custom codec for MX Player Pro on my Chromecast?

It tells me to use ARMv7 NEON type custom codec but I see no file with that name available. So after guessing at which file I need and obviously choosing the wrong one, I'm told I need version 1.49.0 ARMv7 NEON codec, but again, no such file with that name exists for download. Which specific file do I want?

Also, if someone could post a step by step guide to getting the right file on my Chromecast, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:

Mandrake1er

Mar 5, 2021
Montgeron
Can somebody please explain how to update my custom codec for MX Player Pro on my Chromecast?

It tells me to use ARMv7 NEON type custom codec but I see no file with that name available. So after guessing at which file I need and obviously choosing the wrong one, I'm told I need version 1.49.0 ARMv7 NEON codec, but again, no such file with that name exists for download. Which specific file do I want?

Also, if someone could post a step by step guide to getting the right file on my Chromecast, it would be appreciated.

Thanks
Use mx_aio.zip file (AIO means All (codecs) In One file).

Last edited:
Reactions: IronTechmonkey

kedaitinh12

Nov 5, 2019
I use MXPlayer in android TV but can use your custom codec. In my setting custom codec it said: "use arm7 neon" but when i put custom codec in download folder and app don't detect it. I use latest mx player free version ver

Mandrake1er

Mar 5, 2021
Montgeron

Mat444

May 5, 2020
Paris
Hi,
Quick question : I use the mx_aio codec to watch a 4K HDR10 video on my Pixel 7 pro. It works great in full screen when there is no media control displayed on screen. But whenever I touch the screen to display the controls, or receive a notification, the image gets darker and noticeably more saturated.
I tried to take screenshots, but it does not render the proper brightness/saturation.
Is this something you have observed ? Is it an expected behavior and is there a workaround ?
Thank you

Last edited:

Mandrake1er

Mar 5, 2021
Montgeron
Hi,
Quick question : I use the mx_aio codec to watch a 4K HDR10 video on my Pixel 7 pro. It works great in full screen when there is no media control displayed on screen. But whenever I touch the screen to display the controls, the image gets darker and noticeably more saturated.
I tried to take screenshots, but it does not render the proper brightness/saturation.
Is this something you have observed ? Is it an expected behavior and is there a workaround ?
Thank you
And when the controls desappear, does it come back to the proper brightness/saturation ? I guess that it's an expected behavior done to better see the controls when you use them.

Reactions: Mat444

krakout

Either that, or (more probably) the image is rendered according to the new colors on it (bright white elements). Happens all the time on TV's with adaptive image settings.

I don't recall, is it possible to change the color of media controls?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mat444

Mat444

May 5, 2020
Paris
Either that, or (more probably) the image is gendered according to the new colors on it (bright white elements). Happens all the time on TV's with adaptive image settings.

I don't recall, is it possible to change the color of media controls?
Yeah, it's possible that the phone switches between HDR and SDR rendering modes. I will see if I can change the media control buttons color.

Mat444

May 5, 2020
Paris
One way to test that hypothesis is subtitles: do you use them? Bright white subs (perhaps of a big enough size) should give similar results.
Changing the control color to a very dark grey does not change anything, there is still a significant difference between full screen and UI displayed on screen. I took some photos with another phone to show the difference:
1. In full screen mode - brighter, but looks a bit washed out, lacks saturation:
NKN_4798.JPG

2. As soon as I touch the screen, the image is darker, the skin tone are over saturated
NKN_4799.JPG

Which one is supposed to be the true HDR rendering in your opinion ?

extream87

Dec 23, 2013
My tcl android tv is working fine installed aio codecs but still dont detect dolby atmos but the sound works... Dolby Atmos still not working?

My tcl android tv is working fine installed aio codecs but still dont detect dolby atmos but the sound works... Dolby Atmos still not working?
I emailed mx player support to add the feature. I've been using Kodi to get Atmos to work. Maybe they'll be more inclined to add feature if they get multiple emails about it.

Reactions: extream87
@TotallyAnxious thanks mate kodi working good. My tcl ts 8132 now displays dolby atmos. In Mx player i get dolby atmos logo on tv but not on soundbar
I did some googling, it looks like proper HDMI passthrough doesn't work with HW+ decoder. So when using hw+ decoder and an HDMI connection causes all audio to be converted to PCM before going through HDMI cable. Though some of the stuff saying this is old.

I'm not gonna be home with my Atmos soundbar for a couple days to test.

Reactions: extream87

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    mx player pro 1.51.8 codek mx so neon 1.49.0
    Are you saying that you used 1.49.0 with the updated MX player pro 1.51.8? Because I just tried to play DTS movie and it said no sound. I'm just glad we still get updates for this wonderful player. Most older applications give up but not trusty MX player pro. It would be nice if they added Dolby Vision because Justplayers search interface is garbage by comparison....
    https://github.com/USBhost/MX_FFmpeg is my modified source where i'm building from
    You can download recent codecs here ( GitHub releases ) and 1.35.0-1.8.6 here ( Google Drive ).
    Also the XDA download tab is no longer updated as for some reason I cant remove them.

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Check which version you need by going to Local Player Settings/Decoder/General
    in the Custom Codec tab it will tell you which one is needed (x86,x86_64,neon,neon64/ARMv8).
    Note: skip step 1 if your using aio (all in one) version
    2. Download the one you need (No need to unzip it)
    3. Go back to Local Player Settings/Decoder/General
    and tap the Custom Codec tab then select the version you downloaded. DONE!
    Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :

What's the difference between MX Player Codec Packs on Google Play and Custom Codec?
    MX Player Codec Pack not only contains ffmpeg library, It contains many other libraries required to work properly. If you download MX Player from Google Play mostly it will contain the required libraries according to your device architecture. You have to install codec packs from Google Play only if MX Player asks to install. Custom codec is just a modified version of the ffmpeg library used in MX Player. It's modified to include support DTS/Dolby(ac3) audio tracks. So, Codec Pack is mandatory if MX Player asks to install it. Custom Codec is optional and It's required only if you want to play the videos with DTS & Dolby (AC3) audio tacks

Why Custom Codec is not updated even though MX Player is updated?
    In Many occasions MX Player may updated without any changes to ffmpeg library. So, Custom Codec will also remain same. The custom codec version required will be directly forced by the player itself. So no need to worry about it. If it's not compatible MX Player will not load at all.

How do I know that my Custom Codec is outdated & needs an update?
    Whenever MX Player is updated, It will check the custom codec version loaded. If it's outdated it will show a error message that shows "Custom Codec is out of date. Replace it with the new version". Otherwise there is no need to check this thread for the new Custom Codecs.
    Custom codecs for 1.9.8
    Update 1.13.0 is up!!!

1.13.0 ARMv8 codec is needed here as well, thank you !

Please, it any chance to get ARMv7 Neon codec for version 1.13 mx player? I have sony TV and its problem with EAC3 :-/ Need codec for this version.

It's up on Google Drive now!!! :angel: neon64 is our ARM64
    However I can't seem to upload them to XDA... I guess Brave does not like flash lol oh well.
    Edit: Its up on XDA as well now.