• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

MX Player Custom Codec [AC3,DTS,MLP,TRUEHD, etc..]

riztdroid

Feb 28, 2012
REQ

hi, my friend ...:D
I have a galaxy tab 10.1 and can not make plays with bluray 1080p MKV format, I know this is one of the limitations of my tablet. but can you make it possible, I would be very grateful if you could???:good::eek:

sorry my english, i use google translate

riztdroid

Feb 28, 2012
Enable H/W+ on Preference >> Decoder.
Try to play using H/W+ decoder. It will play 1080p videos on most of the Samsung devices which can't play 1080p in H/W or S/W decoder.

Let me this is working or not...?

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
Enable H/W+ on Preference >> Decoder.
Try to play using H/W+ decoder. It will play 1080p videos on most of the Samsung devices which can't play 1080p in H/W or S/W decoder.

Let me this is working or not...?
I've tried it and still does not work.
that enable H / W, only the sound is heard and the picture does not. if enable S / W, is very lagy. if i enable H / W +, it did not work ....

tommy_vercetti

Aug 12, 2007
Mumbai
---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

I've tried it and still does not work.
that enable H / W, only the sound is heard and the picture does not. if enable S / W, is very lagy. if i enable H / W +, it did not work ....
Please try the MX Player forums or try checking with their support Team, this thread is for DTS audio decoding in MX Player!

bruce7373

Apr 28, 2012
Los Angeles
you sir are the answer to my problems with MX Player now I can choose between MX and Dice with my N7 thank you very much!
My two players of choice also. Out of curiosity, I have an N10 and was wondering if you have a problem on your N7 with the notification bar covering the controls on MX Player? I'm pretty sure it's an issue with the AOKP ROM I have, but since I had the stock JB for only about a day, I never checked if it happened on that as well.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

kazemitsui

Dec 15, 2010
Seattle
My two players of choice also. Out of curiosity, I have an N10 and was wondering if you have a problem on your N7 with the notification bar covering the controls on MX Player? I'm pretty sure it's an issue with the AOKP ROM I have, but since I had the stock JB for only about a day, I never checked if it happened on that as well.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
On my N7 I do not have a problem with notification bar covering the controls on MX Player its all fine for me.

I am using the latest Paranoid Android rom.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: bruce7373

bruce7373

Apr 28, 2012
Los Angeles
Re: MX Player Custom Codec With DTS Support [v1.7.14]

Thanks, it must be the ROM then. I can only see the controls fully like that if I tap the three dots.

BTW, I misspoke. I meant the navigation bar not the notification bar.

OT: how do you like Paranoid?
-----
HTC Vivid (ICS)

Last edited:

kazemitsui

Dec 15, 2010
Seattle
Thanks, it must be the ROM then. I can only see the controls fully like that if I tap the three dots.

BTW, I misspoke. I meant the navigation bar not the notification bar.

OT: how do you like Paranoid?
-----
HTC Vivid (ICS)
Well considering I dont really rom hop... I like PA quite a lot it gives a lot more options compared to stock especially the per app dpi settings.

and they have come a long way from when they were based off of CM and now off of AOSP

they have added some features back from CM which is nice.

but the kicker is really the per app dpi settings and the pie bar that is now in CM

Thirumalai.K

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Re: MX Player Custom Codec With DTS Support [v1.7.14]

Considering how many posters are asking which version to download, maybe the TS or a mod should just edit this thread link into the OP:
List of devices: ARMv7, ARMv6, ARMv5
Thanks for your suggestion.
But, If you look at the device list, Devices are categorized in general.

Arm v7 may or may not have neon support. You should know whether your device support neon instruction or not.

Arm v6 also comes with and without vfp support.

Planning to make a script or app which will automatically download the codecs.

I am a mechanical engineer not a software engineer. learning about android app development. It is not that easy to allot more time in that without affecting my job. So, It will take some time.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Волк and 5H00T4