MX Player not working on Kitkat 4.4.1

Search This thread

Abhiheart

Dec 13, 2011
Udupi
Update : The app has been updated and is running perfectly now :D:D
I am on nexus 4 running 4.4.1. Installed MX Player from the player and Armv7 codec for it . When I open the app it says " Android Version not supported" .

Please report here if anyone else also is getting the same error.

Screenshot_2013-12-06-23-40-00.png

Last edited:

badboy47

Nov 23, 2009
4.4.1 was released yesterday; give it sometime. Try BSplayer.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

rickd88

Oct 20, 2012
Tampa
Yeah, same here.

I also would assume MX will have an update soon. I'm getting by with the stock video player in the gallery until...

VivaErBetis

Nov 26, 2006
Madrid (Spain)
VLC is a nice and free replacement while wait for a fix.

BTW: is a bit stupid to limit an application for future Android versions just basing the limitation it in its build number. If you don't limit it and your app works, nobody will notice, if not, you will receive the automatic reports with the info needed to fix it.

Reactions: Ultramanoid

ssvijay

Dec 11, 2010
Hyderabad
VLC is a nice and free replacement while wait for a fix.

BTW: is a bit stupid to limit an application for future Android versions just basing the limitation it in its build number. If you don't limit it and your app works, nobody will notice, if not, you will receive the automatic reports with the info needed to fix it.

Hmmm If i were a dev i would prefer people reporting compatibility issue after I am done with the testing on that platform rather than getting hell a lot of bad rating in Play store (by people who dont understand software /application development basics)

IMO

sinisthro

May 17, 2013
MX Player Pro vs android.4.4.1

P3110 running 4.4.1. MX Player Pro (v1.7.20) getting the same error.

NovaSlim

May 25, 2013
Columbus,Indiana
Hmmm If i were a dev i would prefer people reporting compatibility issue after I am done with the testing on that platform rather than getting hell a lot of bad rating in Play store (by people who dont understand software /application development basics)

IMO

Except MX Player is getting a lot of bad rating in the Playstore right now for not working on KitKat 4.4.1(check the reviews posted on dec.6/7/8 ).

albenex

Mar 14, 2013
Caltagirone (Catania)
Same problem. BTW in the meantime Google releases 4.4.2 ota (running nexus 5) so I think I'll have to wait more -_-
I think this is a stupid check or maybe I would put an option to force app working/bypass version check giving user an advice regarding possible strange behaviours (like vplayer ones..)

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: a g bell

Top Liked Posts