My 5 Extended Batteries Test

Search This thread

Siegurd1

Mar 27, 2018
I have some new information. I reat that only an external charger should load the extended battery over 3000mah.

Bought a 7500mah battery and charged it over night with BATTERY INSIDE THE PHONE. The battery indicator goes a little weird and jumps sometimes, maybe this calms down with some charging cycles. Also I made a battery calibaration after the first full charge at 100% even though some say that this is not necessary. This time I had "only" 6 hours SOT.

Bought this one. After a week of full charge and discharge cycles when the phone is off, the USB tester showed 5000 mAh. Slightly less than stated (7500). But at least he keeps it without any glitches. It will be necessary to try to charge the battery separately with external charger.

DrzkaCZ

Sep 27, 2013
So there is no way, how to get more capacity with stock dimensions of battery? Which battery is thr best with good quality, size and capacity? Because my lg g4 with new original battery goes out in 3h of normal using.

polfrank

Jul 5, 2012
I have some new information. I reat that only an external charger should load the extended battery over 3000mah.

Bought a 7500mah battery and charged it over night with BATTERY INSIDE THE PHONE. The battery indicator goes a little weird and jumps sometimes, maybe this calms down with some charging cycles. Also I made a battery calibaration after the first full charge at 100% even though some say that this is not necessary. This time I had "only" 6 hours SOT.

BUT, I made the second over night charge (with battery inside the phone) and I now have 9,5 SOT. The phone runs for 29 hours. The battery is now for 2 hours at 5% and still running. As I said, maybe this settles down with some charges and indicator shows more real values.

I´m on MM Genisys Rom with SimpleGX 2.1.0 Kernel.

Update: now 11 SOT

The battery:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/7500mah-Mbu...168?hash=item440c6153d0:g:eek:FQAAOSw8RNal9CU

So, is this the most VFM battery replacement when you don't mind if the phone seems a little bulky?

franky_z

May 18, 2011
What I asked is if this is the most worth to buy battery for lg g4...
Unfortunately, it is no longer available on ebay... :(

The are still some extended batteries of known manufacturers in the internet like Powerbear or Mugen. Look at Amazon or Ebay. Don´t buy noname stuff from China. I bought a battery from China with 6000mah and it lasts only like a 3000mah battery.

I now bought a Powerbear 6500mah and its the best so far, because the battery indicator shows the right percentage at any time and is not jumping. I got a used cheap one from Ebay.

Here 2 examples for good batteries, but not cheap:

https://www.amazon.de/PowerBear-Rüc...zliche-Batterieleistung-schwarz/dp/B00ZMLOHBA

https://www.amazon.de/Mugen-Power-Extended-Wireless-Supported/dp/B011I12SRC

tuomi

May 13, 2009
I found a 6000mAh Perfine on ebay, works like a charm.. Now I don't want a new phone as there ain't many phones with this battery life or with the possibility of inserting an extended one anymore.

Reactions: franky_z

WAIDroid

Dec 28, 2011
Hi guys,

Just checking in. Oh I miss my LG G4 or a LG phone in General (YES I have a Samsung S8+) but planning on the LG H815 with the Lineage OS which is still supported :)

WAIDroid

Dec 28, 2011
Well Well it's me yet again. With the news of LG stopping phone Lines I just had to buy a G4 yet again

Buying the Battery charger again plus the two THL 5k mah Batteries + a 10k Battery :)

WAIDroid

Dec 28, 2011
Ok guy's it's back or I'm back lol. Be getting the 10k mAh TQTHL with that awesome case plus some other those 5k ones. Got the charger so we're good to go!

Screenshot_20210418-150345_cropped.png

Top Liked Posts