Question My banking application will not allow me to enter that I am using Whatsapp PLUS

Search This thread

jkmaxfli

May 6, 2012
Hi.
Today I needed to pay something through my banking application, but the application did not allow me access because it detected malicious software on my phone and it is Whatsapp PLUS, which I have to uninstall in order to enter the banking application.
What should I do now if I use Whatsapp PLUS all the time, but at the same time I need access to my banking application?
How does a banking application detect that I am using an illegal Whatsapp Plus application?
Is there a way around it?
Thanks a lot.
And for info root I have over Magisk.

Last edited:

jkmaxfli

May 6, 2012
Even if I freeze WhatsApp via titanium backup, the bank's application still notifies me that there is malicious software on my device - WhatsApp.
That I should just uninstall it.

jkmaxfli

May 6, 2012
go to your banking app's settings, under permissions, look for "Get info about installed apps" and if it is "Allowed", change it to "Deny"
this is assuming you are on MIUI. I'm sure other ROMs also have a similar permission.
There is no such setting about allowing the installation of applications under permissions - allowed / deny

Rstment ^m^

Aug 19, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F3
There is no such setting about allowing the installation of applications under permissions - allowed / deny
In that case you either modify the app itself - use apk editor to decompile app , edit manifest.xml and remove permissions like "query all packages" from it . Compile the app and run it again. This might work but if app is protected in some way that it detects modification you might get banned from it or worse :/

Other way is to isolate WhatsApp Plus by using tools like virtual xposed - basically a virtual container. You can install WhatsApp in there and it shouldn't cause any issues but I'm not sure you'll be able to receive notifications... ( You can try installing bank app in there instead but I'm not sure how that'll work... Either it will detect root/xposed or the container itself will allow querry all packages to seep through into main os - this depends on whether virtualxposed has declared permission for querying packages or not )

Third option is probably the best one - Uninstall and use web browser to access banking.