• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

My custom Kodi build optimized for Fire TV / Stick

Should I remove Genesis? If so what should I add?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dgcruzing

Nov 21, 2010
Mermaid Beach QLD
All good..

I am not here to judge but you have done the right thing and put in the disclaimer..

It's up to the individuals to work out what they want within thier setups and I take my hat off to the development guys..

I had 5 years working in China and so many of the HuB addons I have used over the years myself.. As it was almost the only way I could get good English TV on demand..

But you know the politics of it all and KODI as a organization has to distant itself from any involvement of p2p streams that maybe carry copyrighted materials..

The last thing they need and they have been down that track is court cases that send them as developers into the litigation pit..

On that note..I am on KODI 16 beta 3 and seems to be running fine..
And loaded it up..
Looks good..
Am looking at using Mikey's karaoke for coming Xmas party on Sunday ..
Got a house load of Philos turning up..and if you know anything about the Philippines..
They do love to sing..god help the neighborhood....:)

Last edited:
Reactions: monkey1230

monkey1230

Mar 31, 2011
This is the best easy setup I've tried to date. Used to mostly stick with the TVAddOns setup. But this is 10 times better. Hope it's continued to be kept up to date.

I am actually running it on both 15.2 & 16 Beta 4. It is great on both. There are just a couple of add-ons that are not compatible or don't have a working update. But nothing major.

I do see it starting IPTVXtra at startup each time. I believe this is used for UK channels list or something more broad then that ? (Just trying to understand it)

Has anybody run it on a FireTV Stick. I wonder if the volume of options slows it down or makes it crash more often then on the FTV 1st Gen (Has not crashed on any of my 1st Gen FTV's). Maybe some stuff can be made more optional then all in one. Maybe the international part can be split into 3 optional install zip's. But it seems to be pretty awesome as is. Plan to test this setup on a couple FTVS's probably tomorrow.

Thanks again for posting this. Please keep sharing & letting us know of updates for this great setup. :good:

Yes iptvextra is for the international section mainly for the Asian section, and for the addons that currently dont work will get fixed in the next update took some time off for the holidays. This build was made specifically for the firesticks I currently have 4 running and a AFTV 2 no issues as long as you clear the cache and the packages about every week and the thumbnails about every couple of weeks( to save on space). As for the splitting up, thats in the works for future builds, just follow my facebook page for updates.
Thank you for the input. :D

Y314K

Dec 29, 2008
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
Yes iptvextra is for the international section mainly for the Asian section, and for the addons that currently dont work will get fixed in the next update took some time off for the holidays. This build was made specifically for the firesticks I currently have 4 running and a AFTV 2 no issues as long as you clear the cache and the packages about every week and the thumbnails about every couple of weeks( to save on space). As for the splitting up, thats in the works for future builds, just follow my facebook page for updates.
Great, Should not be a problem on the FTVS's... Glad that's the case. I plan on switching from my Rooted 1st Gen FTV's to FTVS's. And just upgrade to either 2nd Gen FTVS's or 3rd Gen FTV's next year. So this is the perfect Kodi setup for FTVS's.

Keeping Kodi clean should not be a problem for me since I like to clean the cache each time I close or open Kodi. And the packages maybe every other day. I do need to do the thumbnails wipe more often. You have it perfectly setup. It's so easy to get things done.

Got a ? - I see that the (*Start) Favorites menu is pre-filled with shortcuts... After watching an updates video on how to fix Genesis on YouTube I saw that this setup probably uses shortcuts within the Favorites (*Star) menu for the shortcuts in the SubMenu Set's. Am I correct on this ?

I guess I can just add my own Favorite either to the top or bottom of the list for easy access if needed. I mostly temporarily save to Favorites specific links for current sports games when I'm interested on switching between them. Also if I find a movie or show on an add-on that uses the overall Favorites as their Favorites list so I don't have to search for hard to find content again. Maybe you have a better way to deal with these cases. Or I missed something.

Bottom line I wanted to confirm if removing any of the links already in (*Star) Favorites will cause some of the SubMenu links shortcuts to stop working. ??

PM me if you think I am getting to much into the weeds in this thread. :eek:

Reactions: jfk62

monkey1230

Mar 31, 2011
Great, Should not be a problem on the FTVS's... Glad that's the case. I plan on switching from my Rooted 1st Gen FTV's to FTVS's. And just upgrade to either 2nd Gen FTVS's or 3rd Gen FTV's next year. So this is the perfect Kodi setup for FTVS's.

Keeping Kodi clean should not be a problem for me since I like to clean the cache each time I close or open Kodi. And the packages maybe every other day. I do need to do the thumbnails wipe more often. You have it perfectly setup. It's so easy to get things done.

Got a ? - I see that the (*Start) Favorites menu is pre-filled with shortcuts... After watching an updates video on how to fix Genesis on YouTube I saw that this setup probably uses shortcuts within the Favorites (*Star) menu for the shortcuts in the SubMenu Set's. Am I correct on this ?

I guess I can just add my own Favorite either to the top or bottom of the list for easy access if needed. I mostly temporarily save to Favorites specific links for current sports games when I'm interested on switching between them. Also if I find a movie or show on an add-on that uses the overall Favorites as their Favorites list so I don't have to search for hard to find content again. Maybe you have a better way to deal with these cases. Or I missed something.

Bottom line I wanted to confirm if removing any of the links already in (*Star) Favorites will cause some of the SubMenu links shortcuts to stop working. ??

PM me if you think I am getting to much into the weeds in this thread. :eek:

No bud your completely fine with all the questions the more the marry-er so everyone will know aswell, but no it will not harm the sub menu if you remove the favorites. your actually the first person to want this, so I just created a small wizard for this--- if you clear cache a couple times then goto fire wizard you will find a new one called "Clear my favorites so you can add your own" and it will clear them all, the process will take about 4 sec and a quick force stop and it will be clear. :victory:

Y314K

Dec 29, 2008
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
No bud your completely fine with all the questions the more the marry-er so everyone will know aswell, but no it will not harm the sub menu if you remove the favorites. your actually the first person to want this, so I just created a small wizard for this--- if you clear cache a couple times then goto fire wizard you will find a new one called "Clear my favorites so you can add your own" and it will clear them all, the process will take about 4 sec and a quick force stop and it will be clear. :victory:
Worked like a charm. All cleared now. Although in the future I might keep some of those links. I am just testing things out on this build. I will do a final clean install after I test & learn more.

It did seem to loose somewhat access to the Add-on Shortcuts that are only used by one of the sections (X). Seems they where linked to Favorites shortcuts instead of directly to Video add-ons. The icons disappeared so you could not tell what you where choosing. Very easy fix. But might be something to change in the future on the over all build.

I went thru most of the Favorites links right now before clearing things. About 33-45% did not seem go be working right. But like you said. You will probably be updating them after the holidays.

Guess my next ? would be how minor & major updates will be done in the future. Would the "Clean Slate" option be needed & there for we would loose any shortcuts or other mods we have done on our end ?

Also wonder if there is a way to get specific Movies &/or Videos from Genesis to show up or be savable to Super Favorites since it lets you create folders. Unlike the internal Favorites option within Genesis. Have you ever been able to do that ?

Thanks for all the help & knowledge... :highfive:

monkey1230

Mar 31, 2011
Worked like a charm. All cleared now. Although in the future I might keep some of those links. I am just testing things out on this build. I will do a final clean install after I test & learn more.

It did seem to loose somewhat access to the Add-on Shortcuts that are only used by one of the sections (X). Seems they where linked to Favorites shortcuts instead of directly to Video add-ons. The icons disappeared so you could not tell what you where choosing. Very easy fix. But might be something to change in the future on the over all build.

I went thru most of the Favorites links right now before clearing things. About 33-45% did not seem go be working right. But like you said. You will probably be updating them after the holidays.

Guess my next ? would be how minor & major updates will be done in the future. Would the "Clean Slate" option be needed & there for we would loose any shortcuts or other mods we have done on our end ?

Also wonder if there is a way to get specific Movies &/or Videos from Genesis to show up or be savable to Super Favorites since it lets you create folders. Unlike the internal Favorites option within Genesis. Have you ever been able to do that ?

Thanks for all the help & knowledge... :highfive:

yes the links that are not working will be fixed after the holidays.

When the updates are done you just do the wizard again

yes the clean slate option will wipe kodi like new but leave my plugin

with genesis you cannot use super favorites to save them all the other addons you can though

Reactions: Y314K

dgcruzing

Nov 21, 2010
Mermaid Beach QLD
I will throw my 2cents on as loaded it up on to the FT stick I have here..
KODI 16 beta 3

I have got the thumbs and all artwork out to the NAS..
Saves all that space getting taken up on these low memory devices..

Seems to be working fine..
I just haven't had time to explore it further..but as a one stop shop.. Does the trick.. ;)

Once again..did notice a few idiots getting slammed in kodi forums for being blockheads and not separating the Kodi questions from... Undiscussed addons..
But they will learn..as we all have..

Maybe if people are interested they can learn about the substitution methods available to them for thumbs..works a treat once you have a good setup going..

Y314K

Dec 29, 2008
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
Awesome update!!

Updated, check OP for details

Sent from my L720 OD2 deodexed
Thanks Monkey1230. Hope you had a great XMas. Taking both updates for a spin. The updates are looking really good.

So I wrote down the upgrade steps with a few notes/?'s in ( ) . Please confirm or clarify them for us.

So to update we just need to:

1. Clear Cache, Clear Packages & Clear Thumbnails. - (Maybe not needed since Clean Slate might take care of this ??? )

2. Regularly close Kodi & Reboot Kodi. - (Maybe not needed - See ? above)

3. Run Clean Slate. - (The sub-menu link under "Maintenance" for "Clean Slate" seems to be down. Maybe as a safety design ?? or just a bad link ??)
It takes you to a "Now Exit Kodi" screen. Although nothing has been cleared.
-From there Clean Slate can be access by clicking on the ".." above "Now Exit Kodi" then clicking on "Program add-ons" where you will see "Clean Slate".
-Another option to accessing Clean Slate is to go to "Addons" from Kodi's home screen then "Program" where you will find "Clean Slate".

4. Once you've clicked on "Clean Slate". Read & follow the prompts to confirm you want to erase everything (Minus "Fire TV Wizard" & "Clean Slate"). Once you get to the "Now Exit Kodi" screen. Hit the back button & "exit" out of Kodi the normal way you always do.

5. Now you may restart a clean install of Kodi. Now that your back to stock Kodi it will start to do the initial boot-up updates like before. Just go to "Programs" then "Program add-ons" then "Fire TV Wizard" then "Fire TV Guru Builds" and choose which ever flavor of the two updated builds you prefer.

6. Wait for the update to be downloaded & installed. Then follow the force reboot prompts to force close Kodi. Confirm "Yes, Close".
- If "Force Close Kodi" fails for some reason (It's happen to me once). You can always click on your remotes "Home" button & go to the Amazon or FireStarter Apps menu & do a "Force Stop" from there.

7. Now it is time to Start Kodi anew. Make sure you wait for all updates of the add-ons to finish. (Take note that you might end up with some add-ons not being compatible if your running a Beta of the latest Kodi.)

Please let me know what I got wrong ? I've underline the parts where I still have :confused: .

Reactions: GalaxySmokes

monkey1230

Mar 31, 2011
Answers are in red

Thanks Monkey1230. Hope you had a great XMas. Taking both updates for a spin. The updates are looking really good.

So I wrote down the upgrade steps with a few notes/?'s in ( ) . Please confirm or clarify them for us.

So to update we just need to:

1. Clear Cache, Clear Packages & Clear Thumbnails. - (Maybe not needed since Clean Slate might take care of this ??? )
Clear Cache,packages,thumbnails are to be done on a weekly basis, Clean Slate is recommended if you dont want the old addons I removed to remain but you dont have to. You can just goto Fire Wizard Under the maintenance tab and then choose which build you want.
There really isnt a need to close or reboot, but inorder for the firestick/box to sleep just press the home button or you can shut it down by using the power button in the lower left corner
3. Run Clean Slate. - (The sub-menu link under "Maintenance" for "Clean Slate" seems to be down. Maybe as a safety design ?? or just a bad link ??)
Should be working
It takes you to a "Now Exit Kodi" screen. Although nothing has been cleared.--- you must restart kodi ( in a future reslease I will tweak the code to force close Kodi
-From there Clean Slate can be access by clicking on the ".." above "Now Exit Kodi" then clicking on "Program add-ons" where you will see "Clean Slate".
-Another option to accessing Clean Slate is to go to "Addons" from Kodi's home screen then "Program" where you will find "Clean Slate".

4. Once you've clicked on "Clean Slate". Read & follow the prompts to confirm you want to erase everything (Minus "Fire TV Wizard" & "Clean Slate"). Once you get to the "Now Exit Kodi" screen. Hit the back button & "exit" out of Kodi the normal way you always do.

5. Now you may restart a clean install of Kodi. Now that your back to stock Kodi it will start to do the initial boot-up updates like before. Just go to "Programs" then "Program add-ons" then "Fire TV Wizard" then "Fire TV Guru Builds" and choose which ever flavor of the two updated builds you prefer.

6. Wait for the update to be downloaded & installed. Then follow the force reboot prompts to force close Kodi. Confirm "Yes, Close".
- If "Force Close Kodi" fails for some reason (It's happen to me once). You can always click on your remotes "Home" button & go to the Amazon or FireStarter Apps menu & do a "Force Stop" from there.

7. Now it is time to Start Kodi anew. Make sure you wait for all updates of the add-ons to finish. (Take note that you might end up with some add-ons not being compatible if your running a Beta of the latest Kodi.) Note it may freeze aswell which is normal, if it happens just force close and reopen and it will pick up where it left off

Please let me know what I got wrong ? I've underline the parts where I still have :confused: .
You are on point with those steps, Thx bud

Yes i did have a good Christmas thx bud, and I hope all of ya'lls were aswell and ya'll have a safe and Happy New Year :cool:.

Y314K

Dec 29, 2008
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
Answers are in red

Clear Cache,packages,thumbnails are to be done on a weekly basis, Clean Slate is recommended if you dont want the old addons I removed to remain but you dont have to. You can just goto Fire Wizard Under the maintenance tab and then choose which build you want.
There really isnt a need to close or reboot, but inorder for the firestick/box to sleep just press the home button or you can shut it down by using the power button in the lower left corner
Should be working
It takes you to a "Now Exit Kodi" screen. Although nothing has been cleared.--- you must restart kodi ( in a future reslease I will tweak the code to force close Kodi

7. Now it is time to Start Kodi anew. Make sure you wait for all updates of the add-ons to finish. (Take note that you might end up with some add-ons not being compatible if your running a Beta of the latest Kodi.) Note it may freeze aswell which is normal, if it happens just force close and reopen and it will pick up where it left off

Please let me know what I got wrong ? I've underline the parts where I still have .
You are on point with those steps, Thx bud

Yes i did have a good Christmas thx bud, and I hope all of ya'lls were aswell and ya'll have a safe and Happy New Year :cool:.

So I did some more testing & narrow down the minor bugs or oddities a bit further.

1. So if we also want to keep any saved Favorites we have added or if we want to keep the shows/movies we have watched marked as watched from whatever add-on we should not do a Clean Slate & just flash the update on top ? aka dirty update. You will let use know if there ever is a reason for doing a Clean Slate update.

2. In this instance what I meant by "Regularly close Kodi & Reboot Kodi." was that after performing a "Clear Cache, Clear Packages & Clear Thumbnails" a restart of Kodi was needed. Specifically after a Clear Thumbnails. But since its not needed for a dirty or clean slate update. I will take this off the list as an update step & only put it as a weekly maintenance note.

3. I was able to narrow down what was causing the Clean Slate Maintenance shortcut to not work right. The only FTV that gave me that problem was on Kodi 16 Beta 4. I reinstalled Kodi 15.2 & it started to work correctly. On Kodi 16 Beta 4 the Clean Slate shortcut only works the very first time you click on it after a fresh install of Kodi.

Note that in Kodi 15.2 if you hit the Clean Slate shortcut key but choose "No" on performing the Clean Slate. The shortcut will stop working correctly until you restart Kodi. On Kodi 16 Beta 4 even if you restart Kodi the shortcut key will not work correctly again after the first time clicked. It will just skip to the "Done" screen although nothing was cleared.

The force close Kodi after a Clean Slate like you mentioned would be ideal.

7. Good reminder. Any version of Kodi can get overwhelm by a flood of add-on updates. If it freezes for more then 30 seconds its time to hit home & force close Kodi from the Apps Settings of whichever launcher (Fire TV or FireStarter) you are using.

- A very minor oddity I have notice is that on Kodi 16 Beta 4 the splash screen aspect ratio is fine. It stretches to what ever size TV you are using. But on Kodi 15.2 the splash screen is always 3/4 of the size of any screen on any model of TV. I looked to see if I could tweak any settings on Kodi to fix this but have not found a solution yet.

- Also at this time there are two add-ons that are "incompatible due to unmet dependencies" when running Kodi 16 Beta 4. Those are "Desirulez" & "Filmesonlinegratis". Not sure how vital those two add-ons are under the hood. But I would recommend staying on Kodi 15.2 for the fullest/smoothest setup. Although Kodi 16 Beta 4 seems very close to Stable.

- Also an option that seems to be missing is for a manual way to force Kodi to check for updates on the left screen hidden menu. I know that Kodi is set to "Auto updates: On". But like on the stock Kodi. It would be good to also have the shortcut to manually "Check for updates" under "Misc options" on the left side hidden menu.

Thanks again for sharing your hard work with us. Will await your response. :cowboy:

Last edited:

monkey1230

Mar 31, 2011
So I did some more testing & narrow down the minor bugs or oddities a bit further.

1. So if we also want to keep any saved Favorites we have added or if we want to keep the shows/movies we have watched marked as watched from whatever add-on we should not do a Clean Slate & just flash the update on top ? aka dirty update. You will let use know if there ever is a reason for doing a Clean Slate update. yes

2. In this instance what I meant by "Regularly close Kodi & Reboot Kodi." was that after performing a "Clear Cache, Clear Packages & Clear Thumbnails" a restart of Kodi was needed. Specifically after a Clear Thumbnails. But since its not needed for a dirty or clean slate update. I will take this off the list as an update step & only put it as a weekly maintenance note.

3. I was able to narrow down what was causing the Clean Slate Maintenance shortcut to not work right. The only FTV that gave me that problem was on Kodi 16 Beta 4. I reinstalled Kodi 15.2 & it started to work correctly. On Kodi 16 Beta 4 the Clean Slate shortcut only works the very first time you click on it after a fresh install of Kodi. Ont he next update i will be taking off the Clean slate , it will still be in program addons but not in the maintenance submenu ( it still needs some tweaking)

Note that in Kodi 15.2 if you hit the Clean Slate shortcut key but choose "No" on performing the Clean Slate. The shortcut will stop working correctly until you restart Kodi. On Kodi 16 Beta 4 even if you restart Kodi the shortcut key will not work correctly again after the first time clicked. It will just skip to the "Done" screen although nothing was cleared. Im waiting for the final version of 16 to come out before I do a build, its works a little diferantly

The force close Kodi after a Clean Slate like you mentioned would be ideal.

7. Good reminder. Any version of Kodi can get overwhelm by a flood of add-on updates. If it freezes for more then 30 seconds its time to hit home & force close Kodi from the Apps Settings of whichever launcher (Fire TV or FireStarter) you are using.

- A very minor oddity I have notice is that on Kodi 16 Beta 4 the splash screen aspect ratio is fine. It stretches to what ever size TV you are using. But on Kodi 15.2 the splash screen is always 3/4 of the size of any screen on any model of TV. I looked to see if I could tweak any settings on Kodi to fix this but have not found a solution yet. Changing the size and the pic on the next update

- Also at this time there are two add-ons that are "incompatible due to unmet dependencies" when running Kodi 16 Beta 4. Those are "Desirulez" & "Filmesonlinegratis". Not sure how vital those two add-ons are under the hood. But I would recommend staying on Kodi 15.2 for the fullest/smoothest setup. Although Kodi 16 Beta 4 seems very close to Stable. those are Indian addons so you should be fine

- Also an option that seems to be missing is for a manual way to force Kodi to check for updates on the left screen hidden menu. I know that Kodi is set to "Auto updates: On". But like on the stock Kodi. It would be good to also have the shortcut to manually "Check for updates" under "Misc options" on the left side hidden menu. On 15 and above the option has been remove because there isnt a need anymore to do that

Thanks again for sharing your hard work with us. Will await your response. :cowboy:

And Thank you for your indepth questions which are very helpful to others. :good::D

Y314K

Dec 29, 2008
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
On 15 and above the option has been remove because there isnt a need anymore to do that
Are you saying that it is just not recommended or that it actually has been remove. The thing is that on both 15.2 & 16 Beta 4 whether is a fresh stock install or after rebooting post the Clean Slate option. The "Check for updates" option is there every time. And when I click on it I see it check for updates.

The place where this option shows is under System/Settings/Add-ons/ Then if you click the left arrow button so the left hidden menu shows. You will then see under "Misc Options":

Auto updates: On
Notifications - Checked
Hide foreign - Unchecked
Hide Compatible - Unchecked
Check for updates - (It's a clickable option. Not a setting like the ones above. This is the option I am talking about and it's present & functional on Confluence in Stock Kodi 15.2 & 16 Beta 4.)

And Thank you for your indepth questions which are very helpful to others. :good::D
Great... I think that take cares of most of the ?'s I had regarding the shell for this awesome setup. Next I plan to dive into the inners of the different add-ons & how they relate to Super Favorites.

Thanks a lot for all your guidance & patience. Can't wait for the next update.

Catch you later bud. :good:

johnnywayne28

Feb 5, 2012
Fort worth
<advancedsettings>
<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<cachemembuffersize>157286400</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>20</readbufferfactor>
</network>
</advancedsettings>

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Got this researching on Google

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

It's your advanced settings xml

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

This one is keyboard XML put it in your key maps

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

<?xml*version="1.0"*encoding="UTF-8"?>

<keymap>

**<Home>

* **<keyboard>

* * *<menu>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Favourites)</menu>

* **</keyboard>

**</Home>

**<FullscreenVideo>

* **<keyboard>

* * **<menu>seek(-7)</menu>

* * **<backspace>Stop</backspace>

* * *<browser_back>Stop</browser_back>

* * **<up>volampup</up>

* * **<down>volampdown</down>

* **</keyboard>

**</FullscreenVideo>

**<VideoMenu>

* **<keyboard>

* * **<backspace>Stop</backspace>

* * *<browser_back>Stop</browser_back>

* **</keyboard>

**</VideoMenu>

**<VideoOSD>

* **<keyboard>

* * **<menu>CodecInfo</menu>

* **</keyboard>

**</VideoOSD>

**<MyFiles>

* **<keyboard>

* * *<play_pause>Highlight</play_pause>

* **</keyboard>

**</MyFiles>

**<virtualkeyboard>

* **<keyboard>

* * **<menu>shift</menu>

* * **<play_pause>enter</play_pause>

* * **<rewind>backspace</rewind>

* * *<fastforward>number0</fastforward>

* * *<browser_back>PreviousMenu</browser_back>

* * *<backspace>PreviousMenu</backspace>

* **</keyboard>

**</virtualkeyboard>

**<Visualisation>

* **<keyboard>

* * *<browser_back>Fullscreen</browser_back>

* **</keyboard>

**</Visualisation>

**<Favourites>

* **<keyboard>

* * *<browser_back>close</browser_back>

* **</keyboard>

**</Favourites>

**<NumericInput>

* **<keyboard>

* * *<browser_back>Close</browser_back>

* **</keyboard>

**</NumericInput>

**<PVROSDChannels>

* **<keyboard>

* **</keyboard>

**</PVROSDChannels>

**<PVROSDGuide>

* **<keyboard>

* **</keyboard>

**</PVROSDGuide>

**<PVROSDDirector>

* **<keyboard>

* **</keyboard>

**</PVROSDDirector>

**<PVROSDCutter>

* **<keyboard>

* **</keyboard>

**</PVROSDCutter>

**<MyTVSettings>

* **<keyboard>

* * *<browser_back>PreviousMenu</browser_back>

* **</keyboard>

**</MyTVSettings>

</keymap>

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

It gives you volume up and down using the d pad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mod Edit: Content removed.
    Updated the clean build today, XXX will get done within the next couple of days. check op for changes.
    New update out, changed the background pics and updated hallow tv

Sent from my L720 deodexed
    New update is out, check OP for changes.
    This is the best easy setup I've tried to date. Used to mostly stick with the TVAddOns setup. But this is 10 times better. Hope it's continued to be kept up to date.

I am actually running it on both 15.2 & 16 Beta 4. It is great on both. There are just a couple of add-ons that are not compatible or don't have a working update. But nothing major.

I do see it starting IPTVXtra at startup each time. I believe this is used for UK channels list or something more broad then that ? (Just trying to understand it)

Has anybody run it on a FireTV Stick. I wonder if the volume of options slows it down or makes it crash more often then on the FTV 1st Gen (Has not crashed on any of my 1st Gen FTV's). Maybe some stuff can be made more optional then all in one. Maybe the international part can be split into 3 optional install zip's. But it seems to be pretty awesome as is. Plan to test this setup on a couple FTVS's probably tomorrow.

Thanks again for posting this. Please keep sharing & letting us know of updates for this great setup. :good: