• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

My experience - CAOS R 300l+ (Android 11) Stable so far.

Search This thread

whitetigerdk

Jun 1, 2010
Odense
www.dkmdesign.dk
caos v305 210419 is out:

CAOS R 2021.04.19

• phh treble patches v305+
  • rework dynamic root, now it fully compatible with Termux
  • folder for scripts moved from /sdcard/phh to the /data/adb/phh
  • separated vendor apps & overlays disabling prop, you can still using old phh's variant or custom new one in Phh settings
  • reworked NFC tile behavior, again was taken from GrapheneOS (hope it works)
  • in Gapps/Go Gapps builds added Digital Wellbeing
  • renamed autobrightness overlay to match phh style
  • recovery title removed from restarting message
  • set in build.prop 'user' type build

Last edited:

whitetigerdk

Jun 1, 2010
Odense
www.dkmdesign.dk
Might just be me.. But I think I got VoLTE to work.. At least if I go to Settings -> About Phone -> Sim Status (Sim 1) -> It says something like Network type for mobile talking: LTE , Network type for mobile data: LTE. - Any easy way to check if it is actually working?

whitetigerdk

Jun 1, 2010
Odense
www.dkmdesign.dk
It still says LTE in the top bar.. also during calls. Might try to check the part in settings during a call next time.
Edit: Just rechecked during call .. It changes to 3G (just changes back so fast that it was not noticable during end of call before. After test call to watch the topbar I see the change :( :( :(

Last edited:

Incomtus

Apr 30, 2016
soundcloud.com
Guide:
Requirements: Unlocked phone - Guess you alle have this by now.

I started off from EMUI 9.1.0.370.

First off i installed the TWRP from bootloader to ramdisk_recovery.
fastboot flash ramdisk_recovery TWRP-oreo-smart.img

Then boot phone to recovery
(Star phone - in eRecovery choose to reset to factory default - type in "yes" and the phone will boot to TWRP.

In TWRP go to "wipe" -> advanced -> Select Dalwik Cache, Cache, Data and System. Swipe to wipe.

Now go to install -> select img -> choose CAOS image and flash to "system image" - DO NOT REBOOT SYSTEM!
Select wipe -> slide to factory reset.

Now you can boot the phone to the startup-screen.
Set up the phone and go to Play Store. Install the app named Treble Info (just search it)

Look in the app to what kind of "Treble and VNDK" used by your phone - Mine was using VNDK version 28.

This next part is a bit tricky!!
Boot to the recovery (as described above -> eRecovery -> factory default -> TWRP recovery.
Now go to mount - make sure that "system" is selected.
Go to advanced -> File Manager.
Now go to folder system -> system -> system_eks -> apex
You will most likely find som folders named (xxx=something):
xxxx.vndk.27
xxxx.vndk.28
xxxx.vndk.29
xxxx.vndk.current

Since my was using 28 I could chose to enter folder .27 and mark the blue folder in the down right corner
Choose to delete folder.
This will free up approx. 1GB system memory to install apps on the phone.

I hope you will like this rom as much as I have during the last week.
Please leave any feedback..
Hello , i would like to use this method to flash and update GSI rom , did you face any Issue?

Because it is often recommended to flash rom by fastboot. But it feels more comfortable to use TWRP as it doesn't need a computer to update the rom or switch to another rom (and wiping with stock erecovery)

Last edited:

Mahad Habib

Jul 24, 2016
Huawei P20 Lite

Mahad Habib

Jul 24, 2016
Huawei P20 Lite
@-Alf- Has made his instructions in this thread very clear, worked for me.
I'll lay it out for you...

1. Start with EMUI - I used EMUI 9.1.0.274
    • MAKE SURE YOU HAVE DEFAULT RECOVERY AND ERECOVERY
  2. Extract the ROM .img file from the compressed file.
  3. Flash the image in Fastboot, to enter fastboot; from power off; hold down on volume while attaching usb.
  4. Flash extracted [IMAGE FILE].img from fastboot , use command:
    • fastboot flash system [IMAGE FILE].img
  5. If you want NFC fix flash NFC - IF NOT, Skip to 6
  6. Run command fastboot reboot, unplug your phone
    • When yellow text appears hold Up for 3 seconds (2nd option in yellow text)
    • In eRecovery select 'Wipe data/factory reset'.
    • Reboot
    • Boot phone and do all installs.
  7. If you want MAGISK, boot to fastboot and flash patched recovery ramdisk from the original EMUI you came from.
    • Install patched recovery https://mega.nz/#!Z9NBVYSZ!NAd-h_VtRecyl28UX5E5z6KMa3cw56KCbQN-P6yxPMY
    • fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk [PATCHED RECOVERY].img
    • fastboot reboot
    • on yellow screen HOLD POWER and UP until reboot, release power when you see HUAWEI logo but keep holding up, you'll see yellow text but only 1 line if right.
    • Install Magsik Manager from usual sources
  8. Now, with Magisk root you can do the steps layed out by @whitetigerdk but its not necessary.
    • Install 'Treble Info' from PlayStore (just search it)
    • Look in the app to what kind of "Treble and VNDK" used by your phone - Mine was using VNDK version 28.
    • In a root file manager (your choice)
    • Now go to system -> system -> system_eks -> apex
      xxxx.vndk.27
      xxxx.vndk.28
      xxxx.vndk.29
      xxxx.vndk.curren
    • Delete the folder before what you saw in TrebleInfo (as my example i could delete VNDK version 27
  9. If YOU messed up, try again from base EMUI (dload method or Erecovery restore or install stock system.img extracted from Service ROM via fastboot)
You, my friend... and @-Alf- are legends. This is what I call a detailed guide, helps a lot cuz this is my first time flashing a rom on this mobile, and the last mobile was a galaxy mini XD. Thanks alot. <3

Reactions: Videophile

Mahad Habib

Jul 24, 2016
Huawei P20 Lite
And how do I stock factory reset if I have TWRP installed? Do I have to uninstall TWRP?

Caution: If you install this rom from EMUI through fastboot I think you have to wipe system partition, or you will end loop booting.
I have the latest emui 9.1 installed rn, just a bit of confusion I would like to clear up before I proceed with the flashing(so I dont waste time. How exactly do I wipe system partition before flashing system.img. Is the command "fastboot erase system"?(Do I flash system.img after using this command?). I'm sorry for asking a lot of stuff lol I just don't wanna take risks AT ALL.

Mahad Habib

Jul 24, 2016
Huawei P20 Lite
Can anyone explain the difference between Vanilla and Gapps? I'm not sure. Do we have to install apks for the apps we need in Vanilla? sorry i'm a bit dumb in this thing atm.

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Huawei P9 Lite
Huawei P10 Lite
I have the latest emui 9.1 installed rn, just a bit of confusion I would like to clear up before I proceed with the flashing(so I dont waste time. How exactly do I wipe system partition before flashing system.img. Is the command "fastboot erase system"?(Do I flash system.img after using this command?). I'm sorry for asking a lot of stuff lol I just don't wanna take risks AT ALL.
"... I think you have to wipe system partition, or you will end loop booting..." = nonsense. Flash exctracted system.img , and do factory reset in Recovery (before booting up the ROM).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all.
    I wanted to share my experiences with you all.

I have the last couple of days run this rom as my daily driver - and I must say, that this is by far the best I have tried yet.
    The rom is very fast and so far all features that I have used have worked perfect right out of the box.

I will link you to the rom and write a short guide to how I made it stable and usefull.
    Hope more of you will enjoy running Android 11 (R) on your P20 Lite - Mine is ANE-LX1 hw/eu but this should run on all versions.

First som screenshots from my phone:
    No notification, ringtone, alarm sounds present on the phone.
    Everything can be found in "audio"folder. Go root/system/product/media/audio , you can copy sounds to the int.storage using root explorer (e.g. Solid explorer) .
    I'm saying because the instructions are unclear, not everybody is a pro or reads minds, and I'm telling that method is not working, it restarts after the yellow text appears.

@-Alf- Has made his instructions in this thread very clear, worked for me.
    I'll lay it out for you...

1. Start with EMUI - I used EMUI 9.1.0.274
      • MAKE SURE YOU HAVE DEFAULT RECOVERY AND ERECOVERY
    2. Extract the ROM .img file from the compressed file.
    3. Flash the image in Fastboot, to enter fastboot; from power off; hold down on volume while attaching usb.
    4. Flash extracted [IMAGE FILE].img from fastboot , use command:
      • fastboot flash system [IMAGE FILE].img
    5. If you want NFC fix flash NFC - IF NOT, Skip to 6
    6. Run command fastboot reboot, unplug your phone
      • When yellow text appears hold Up for 3 seconds (2nd option in yellow text)
      • In eRecovery select 'Wipe data/factory reset'.
      • Reboot
      • Boot phone and do all installs.
    7. If you want MAGISK, boot to fastboot and flash patched recovery ramdisk from the original EMUI you came from.
      • Install patched recovery https://mega.nz/#!Z9NBVYSZ!NAd-h_VtRecyl28UX5E5z6KMa3cw56KCbQN-P6yxPMY
      • fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk [PATCHED RECOVERY].img
      • fastboot reboot
      • on yellow screen HOLD POWER and UP until reboot, release power when you see HUAWEI logo but keep holding up, you'll see yellow text but only 1 line if right.
      • Install Magsik Manager from usual sources
    8. Now, with Magisk root you can do the steps layed out by @whitetigerdk but its not necessary.
      • Install 'Treble Info' from PlayStore (just search it)
      • Look in the app to what kind of "Treble and VNDK" used by your phone - Mine was using VNDK version 28.
      • In a root file manager (your choice)
      • Now go to system -> system -> system_eks -> apex
        xxxx.vndk.27
        xxxx.vndk.28
        xxxx.vndk.29
        xxxx.vndk.curren
      • Delete the folder before what you saw in TrebleInfo (as my example i could delete VNDK version 27
    9. If YOU messed up, try again from base EMUI (dload method or Erecovery restore or install stock system.img extracted from Service ROM via fastboot)
    [OFFICIAL] AOSP Q Mod // CAOS <= official tread by author
    CAOS TrebleGSI <= latest version on SourceForge
    If somebody can suggest how to unlock the full potential of the camera hardware,
    No chance on Kirin, try "Footej Camera 2" , IMO the best solution.