My experience - Resurrection Remix Q (A10) - GSI - Unofficial

Search This thread

autokoise

Feb 18, 2020
Padova
hi everyone, I'm here to share my absolutely positive experience with Resurrection Remix Q compiled by @RobotHanzo, it's just (almost) perfect for me.
After a week of test, i can say: everything works properly.
~Ril
~Data
~GPS (perfectly, setting "only device")
~fingerprint sensor (even after each reboot), very quick response
~NFC
~face unlock
~LTE + (plus) is working (at least the indicator)
~perfect functionality of double SIM implementation
~incredibly there's a gcam reasonably working (only on perfect brightness condition, only back camera of course):
MGC_8.3.252_V0e_Arnova_V5.apk.
*the shot is more fast Of The stock installed android.camera2.

Just 2 little (for me) bugs:
A) a single SIM is not disabling.
B) the level on SIM indicator is stating at low value.

Rarely in my experience I've found a cusRom (even specifically, officially dedicated) more stable of this so, after a week of test my impressions is absolutely amazing, no lags, no app crashes, no reboot, at all!
Resurrection Remix Q GSI - Browse /old/20210831(8.7.2) at SourceForge.net
Gcam:
BSG: MGC_8.3.252_V0e_Arnova_V5
Thanks for this very accurate work to @RobotHanzo
Sorry for my poor English.

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Huawei P9 Lite
Huawei P10 Lite
incredibly there's a gcam reasonably working (only on perfect brightness condition, only back camera of course):
MGC_8.3.252_V0e_Arnova_V5.apk.
*the shot is more fast Of The stock installed android.camera2.
and what about the photo quality? :)
Imo the best camera for Hua devices under GSI ROMs is Footej Camera2-Premium. If you want to try it, click here .

Reactions: autokoise

autokoise

Feb 18, 2020
Padova
Imo the best camera for Hua devices under GSI ROMs is Footej Camera2-Premium. If you want to try it, click here .
On good light conditions, during daylight especially, the results Of The main camera (back camera only) only in HDR+ (killer feature of gCam), is reasonably better!
In low light conditions there are heavy problems of incorrect saturation:
On the left an example of stock (custom Rom) camera, on the right the gcam Cam I've found reasonably working.

Attachments

• IMG_20221002_102832.jpg
    IMG_20221002_102832.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20221002_102822542.jpg
    PXL_20221002_102822542.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 19

autokoise

Feb 18, 2020
Padova
Footej is absolutely better of stock camera present by default on custom rom ( com.android.camera2), just in terms of smoothness and quick response when you launch the app, the quality of picture in my opinion is moreless the same, unfortunately the HDR feature is incomparable with the one of gcam.
This is just my impressions, unfortunately I've not a great skills for set the single value (ISO, exposure...etc..), maybe this is the reason.

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Huawei P9 Lite
Huawei P10 Lite
Footej is absolutely better of stock camera present by default on custom rom ( com.android.camera2), just in terms of smoothness and quick response when you launch the app, the quality of picture in my opinion is moreless the same, unfortunately the HDR feature is incomparable with the one of gcam.
This is just my impressions, unfortunately I've not a great skills for set the single value (ISO, exposure...etc..), maybe this is the reason.
You can also try Bacon Camera and Vector Camera (from f-droid.org, not G. Play). Both also work on A12 GSI.

autokoise

Feb 18, 2020
Padova
You can also try Bacon Camera and Vector Camera (from f-droid.org, not G. Play). Both also work on A12 GSI.
ok @-Alf- ,thanks...for now in these days I plan to stay on this wonderful RR (A10), maybe in the future I will test some A12 cusRom, do you have never tried this one from @RobotHanzo?
For me is absolutely incredible the smoothness, stability and solidity of this build...I've never tried a gsi romS (I'm a custom maniac since 2013), in my (wrong a this point) opinion the only solid solution was a official, specific release for each different device, snapdragon as usual...apart the gcam incompatibility, this little, old device, fly with this GSI version of RR! Even the battery backup is amazing, 3:40-4hours of SOT per day, I'm shocked!!

autokoise

Feb 18, 2020
Padova
I've tried until now (last 15 days):
LosQ: very laggy, there's no NFC and, most important, the fingerprint sensor stop working after 1st reboot.
Lir: NFC is not present, fingerprint stop work after 1st reboot and, most important, there's no way to flash a gapps package (not works Bit, Nik, Flame, Open and Lite).
Crdrom: exactly the same problems of LosQ.
Lineage 16 (official and not) have a very big problem for me: the second SIM implementation don't exist (probably like every Pie build, GSI and not).
Havoc: official GSI have a fully working NFC but the fingerprint stop working after 1st reboot, (after 1st reboot the fingerprint sensor work only just for notification panel etc...), then I've tried to set a face unlock but, a this point, the system become unstable and starting several reboots.
These are the reasons why i consider this RR almost a masterpiece (just poweroff alarm don't work, but i think this is impossible on device with 2 recovery installed at the same time, or maybe is typical aspect of GSI roms).

*always pardon for my English!!

-Alf-

Sep 28, 2017
Huawei P9 Lite
Huawei P10 Lite
LosQ: very laggy, there's no NFC and, most important, the fingerprint sensor stop working after 1st reboot.
Lir: NFC is not present, fingerprint stop work after 1st reboot and, most important,
You are doing something wrong bro :)
most important, there's no way to flash a gapps package (not works Bit, Nik, Flame, Open and Lite)
Kidding? You can choose gapps or vanilla variant, hm?
Really?
I'd argue with you but I see no point in doing so.

Top Liked Posts