My first Acro Hd - Photos - Drivers - FTF File - Docomo apk - Root - Tethering fix

Search This thread

Peppoid

Jun 26, 2010
Previously phone owned was an Xperia S

Materials:

First impression is phone's solidity. Almost impossible to scratch, it has a rubber coating that protects it from dust, water and shock. I hope to test this last feature as late as possible: D

Hardware:

Almost identical to Xperia S. Xperia Acro Hd got a tv tuner, IR, micro sd slot and it's ip57 certified. One meter water/30 minutes

Software:

It 'was the real surprise. II found it really smooth. Even the Android Gallery. The software provided by DoCoMo is extremely responsive and pleasant to use. With both default launchers.

Now is still running Android 2.3.7. A new update to the 4.0.x version is scheduled for July.

Features:

Really rich range of accessories included in the packaging. Beyond the dock through which you can charge the phone, there are also in-ear headphones and charger EP800. No hdmi cable*and obviously no SmartTags :)

Here some photos.

Content & Accessories:

DSC_0002.jpg

Launcher Xperia:

screenshot_1970-04-27_1218.png

Launcher Docomo:

screenshot_2012-06-13_2253.png

Settings:

screenshot_2012-06-13_0441.png

Docomo Applications:

screenshot_2012-06-12_0452.png

Water resistance:

DSC_0272.jpg

DSC_0329.jpg

Drivers:

Xperia_S_Xperia_NX_Xperia_acro_HD_drivers

Firmware FlashTool:

Gingerbread:

Ice Cream Sandwich:

All Firmwares for FlashTool

FlashToolAcroHd.png

No SO-03D available. I've decided for Ion. Please Androxyde fix it :)

6.1.0.f.128 Root:

Download

If you have any problems with ADB, first instal this

For more info here

TWRP (Recovery for SO-03D)

TWRP for Acro Hd

Tetethering wifi fix:

Working solution Thanks Tommy for all your tips for Acro Hd :)

Docomo apk backup Gingerbread:

Here

Attachments

• cwm-recovery-for2012xperia_v02.zip
    2 MB · Views: 1,088
Last edited:

shravanchoudhary9

Mar 4, 2011
jodhpur
congratulation dude

could you please tell me how much you have paid for that and also is that have Clear Stereo, Clear bass and Clear 3D sourround sound as xperia S?
because when i compared specs. of XS and Acro S , Acro S do not have these three things even ION do not have.
also white paper do not mention for Acro s?;)

sssache

Dec 11, 2009
The battery i saw that is 1900 Mah. I really hope it's the same size with Xperia S. I would be the first one to buy a bigger battery.

Sent from my Sony Xperia S

Peppoid

Jun 26, 2010
could you please tell me how much you have paid for that and also is that have Clear Stereo, Clear bass and Clear 3D sourround sound as xperia S?
because when i compared specs. of XS and Acro S , Acro S do not have these three things even ION do not have.
also white paper do not mention for Acro s?;)
I think it has same features

picsay-1339751964.jpg

If you like it, i can give you link from where i bought mine. Thanks to Andy for sharing :)

The battery i saw that is 1900 Mah. I really hope it's the same size with Xperia S. I would be the first one to buy a bigger battery.

Sent from my Sony Xperia S

Phone is unibody, so i can't open back cover and tell you more about battery size, but yes, it's 1900 mAh

screenshot_2012-06-15_1124.png

i thought this was on ICS :( but tell..... is camera same like SXS or it has much noise same as SXS?

I still didn't take any pictures. Just few macros, and i put them as attachments just for curiosity.
As soon as i'll take some shoots, i'll upload this thread :)

Peppoid
My congratulations on your purchase!

Thank you, really kind :)

Attachments

• DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 617
  • DSC_0007.jpg
    DSC_0007.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 582

Peppoid

Jun 26, 2010
congratulations, did u try to unlock its bootloader?

I still can't

screenshot_2012-06-15_1207-picsay.jpg

Battery of Xperia S is only 1750 mAh ;)

Sure in Xperia S it's different.

He just wanted to know aspect ratio for make a try replacing that with 1900 mAh of Acro Hd. In case them were similar

Hope it's clearer now :)

thanks mate.
could please also verify Clear Stereo and 3D surround sound?
also could you please post the link here to purchase?
thanks again.:)

All features confirmed ;)

And here's link :)

And could you upload the .ftf to another File host? Like mediafire :)

Sorry dude. I've signed up and i tried to upload FTF, but that's what i get.

Schermata%20del%202012-06-15%2013%3A05%3A47.png

Try these other two links:

1 2

Bye :)

Reactions: tommyrumbler

tommyrumbler

Nov 14, 2011
MANILA
i got this phone as well, same bootloader status, unlock allowed : a resounding Nope!

tried SE Flashtool 8.6 and tagged it as Ion (same specs/same chips and proc, except for the screen size)...it will not even be rooted.

i hope to see a work around (and a few developments too, ehrm, like a vanilla ROM maybe:D)on this dilemma soon.

anyhow, thanks for sharing the link for the .ftf... sweeet!:D

adroit_y2k

May 21, 2012
London
Dear Peppoid,

thanks for the link to the ftf file. I got my acro so-03D HD 2 weeks ago from Japan which was unlocked by DOCOMO. Somehow, the non-english icons started to get better of me and I flashed it using ROM for Xperia S to get a complete english menus..I got the OS alright but since then the phone wont charge and IMEI will not show up, no radio signal as well. While putting on charge, the LED glows red but the phone doesnt seem to charge. The battery icon on status bar shows like a rectangle(the outline of battery icon with no colours/flash indicator to show its charging or at what level the charge is). When I insert the SIM, I get a pop up saying no SIM recognized.

I am hoping with your helpful post, I should be able to get the phone back to normal. I do have the original IMEI number on the box in case I need some additional help. I will download the ftf file later tonight and post the results.

Many thanks for your hardwork

Regards

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

Hi,

Thanks to Bin4ry and other team members, please use the following link for flashtools(use the second tab "Installation" to download the file):
http://androxyde.github.com/Flashtool/

I had once downloaded a version 0.6.9.1 by "Bin4ry & Androxyde" which shows ARCO-HD SO-03D in the drop down and used it to flash my SO-03D.

Original thread can be found here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=10738467

Regards

Reactions: xperia acro

Yakandu

Apr 9, 2011
Bilbao
so, can you show the battery? a photo and 3 dimensions so we can compare with XS, i would love you forever xd

EDIT: oh, its unibody :(

Peppoid

Jun 26, 2010
i got this phone as well, same bootloader status, unlock allowed : a resounding Nope!

tried SE Flashtool 8.6 and tagged it as Ion (same specs/same chips and proc, except for the screen size)...it will not even be rooted.

i hope to see a work around (and a few developments too, ehrm, like a vanilla ROM maybe:D)on this dilemma soon.

anyhow, thanks for sharing the link for the .ftf... sweeet!:D

Dear Peppoid,

thanks for the link to the ftf file. I got my acro so-03D HD 2 weeks ago from Japan which was unlocked by DOCOMO. Somehow, the non-english icons started to get better of me and I flashed it using ROM for Xperia S to get a complete english menus..I got the OS alright but since then the phone wont charge and IMEI will not show up, no radio signal as well. While putting on charge, the LED glows red but the phone doesnt seem to charge. The battery icon on status bar shows like a rectangle(the outline of battery icon with no colours/flash indicator to show its charging or at what level the charge is). When I insert the SIM, I get a pop up saying no SIM recognized.

I am hoping with your helpful post, I should be able to get the phone back to normal. I do have the original IMEI number on the box in case I need some additional help. I will download the ftf file later tonight and post the results.

Many thanks for your hardwork

Regards

Hi phone's mates :)

where did you buy it...can you PM me web site, and price....
THANK YOU A LOT...

Look post #11

By the whay, that is the link you need. For different phone's color, search in seller's store :)

I'd trade my S for that in a heartbeat.

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

Welcome to my world my friend :D

so, can you show the battery? a photo and 3 dimensions so we can compare with XS, i would love you forever xd

EDIT: oh, its unibody :(

As you said, it's unibody.

P.s. Please, win against Croatia next match :D

tommyrumbler

Nov 14, 2011
MANILA
Peppoid, would you know any unlocking service for SO-03D online? i'm still searching but yet to find one. thanks!

TommyR

adroit_y2k

May 21, 2012
London
Hi,

I am attaching the photos of the back of SO-03D. I managed to click open the back of it with little struggle. Here you go. The battery is 1840MAh 6.9Wh.

I did not have any good luck flashing the phone with the docomo firmware. Also attached is the error log(partially). I dont know if someone can help me with that. if yes, please do post your comments.

My phone is under warranty so I have masked some serial numbers in the photos.
If nothing works out, ill be shipping it back to DOCOMO for a replacement. Any suggestions so that they dont find out the mess teh phone is in?

Regards

Attachments

• IMG_1.jpg
    IMG_1.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_2.jpg
    IMG_2.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_3.jpg
    IMG_3.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_4.jpg
    IMG_4.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 305

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Previously phone owned was an Xperia S

Materials:

First impression is phone's solidity. Almost impossible to scratch, it has a rubber coating that protects it from dust, water and shock. I hope to test this last feature as late as possible: D

Hardware:

Almost identical to Xperia S. Xperia Acro Hd got a tv tuner, IR, micro sd slot and it's ip57 certified. One meter water/30 minutes

Software:

It 'was the real surprise. II found it really smooth. Even the Android Gallery. The software provided by DoCoMo is extremely responsive and pleasant to use. With both default launchers.

Now is still running Android 2.3.7. A new update to the 4.0.x version is scheduled for July.

Features:

Really rich range of accessories included in the packaging. Beyond the dock through which you can charge the phone, there are also in-ear headphones and charger EP800. No hdmi cable*and obviously no SmartTags :)

Here some photos.

Content & Accessories:

DSC_0002.jpg

Launcher Xperia:

screenshot_1970-04-27_1218.png

Launcher Docomo:

screenshot_2012-06-13_2253.png

Settings:

screenshot_2012-06-13_0441.png

Docomo Applications:

screenshot_2012-06-12_0452.png

Water resistance:

DSC_0272.jpg

DSC_0329.jpg

Drivers:

Xperia_S_Xperia_NX_Xperia_acro_HD_drivers

Firmware FlashTool:

Gingerbread:

Ice Cream Sandwich:

All Firmwares for FlashTool

FlashToolAcroHd.png

No SO-03D available. I've decided for Ion. Please Androxyde fix it :)

6.1.0.f.128 Root:

Download

If you have any problems with ADB, first instal this

For more info here

TWRP (Recovery for SO-03D)

TWRP for Acro Hd

Tetethering wifi fix:

Working solution Thanks Tommy for all your tips for Acro Hd :)

Docomo apk backup Gingerbread:

Here
    Translation for acro HD KDDI IS12S and docomo SO-03D root guide finished.

I made a new thread here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=27989566#post27989566
    I'll try to translate this at work! Give me a few hours :good:
    Mine charges perfectly well on the dock..
    Tommyr sorry ill give you the online link for unlock tonight..

I'll also check with the guy I got my phone from as mine is also from docomo and as you know I messed it pretty badly and is still unlocked after I flashed it..

Sent from my SO-03D using XDA Premium App
    congratulations, did u try to unlock its bootloader?

I still can't

screenshot_2012-06-15_1207-picsay.jpg

Battery of Xperia S is only 1750 mAh ;)

Sure in Xperia S it's different.

He just wanted to know aspect ratio for make a try replacing that with 1900 mAh of Acro Hd. In case them were similar

Hope it's clearer now :)

thanks mate.
    could please also verify Clear Stereo and 3D surround sound?
    also could you please post the link here to purchase?
    thanks again.:)

All features confirmed ;)

And here's link :)

And could you upload the .ftf to another File host? Like mediafire :)

Sorry dude. I've signed up and i tried to upload FTF, but that's what i get.

Schermata%20del%202012-06-15%2013%3A05%3A47.png

Try these other two links:

1 2

Bye :)