• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

My Galaxy Nexus came with Samsung ICS build rather then google...

Search This thread

Luxferro

Nov 19, 2009
Long Island, NY
I just went to update my gnex manually, and both stock recovery and CWR told me that the signature was wrong.

So I looked in the update zip and saw the following

Code:
assert(file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "google/yakju/maguro:4.0.1/ITL41D/223971:user/release-keys" ||
       file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "google/yakju/maguro:4.0.1/ITL41F/228551:user/release-keys");

Then I looked in my build.prop and saw that I have a different fingerprint, and that is why I won't let me manually update.

Code:
ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/yakjuxw/maguro:4.0.1/I9250XWKK5_ITL41D/163402:user/release-keys

looks like mines from samsung rather then google.

edit: just to clear up for what region this build is meant for
XW = Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom

Last edited:

Chirality

Sep 6, 2008
Cambridge, MA
I just went to update my gnex manually, and both stock recovery and CWR told me that the signature was wrong.

So I looked in the update zip and saw the following

Code:
assert(file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "google/yakju/maguro:4.0.1/ITL41D/223971:user/release-keys" ||
       file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "google/yakju/maguro:4.0.1/ITL41F/228551:user/release-keys");

Then I looked in my build.prop and saw that I have a different fingerprint, and that is why I won't let me manually update.

Code:
ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/yakjuxw/maguro:4.0.1/I9250XWKK5_ITL41D/163402:user/release-keys

looks like mines from samsung rather then google.

Looks like it's also running an older baseband - XWKK5 rather than XXKK1. Perhaps, like the first person who got the GN in the UK, you got a prerelease phone that was never meant to be sold at retail?

Luxferro

Nov 19, 2009
Long Island, NY
My baseband is K1, just says otherwise in the fingerprint. Here's the build.prop

Code:
# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.id=I9250XWKK5_ITL41D
ro.build.display.id=I9250XWKK5_ITL41D
ro.build.version.incremental=163402
ro.build.version.sdk=14
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=4.0.1
ro.build.date=Sun Nov 13 04:05:52 KST 2011
ro.build.date.utc=1321124752
ro.build.type=user
ro.build.user=dpi.sec
ro.build.host=DELL159
ro.build.tags=release-keys
ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus
ro.product.brand=samsung
ro.product.name=yakjuxw
ro.product.device=maguro
ro.product.board=tuna
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=US
ro.wifi.channels=
ro.board.platform=omap4
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
ro.build.product=maguro
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.description=yakjuxw-user 4.0.1 I9250XWKK5_ITL41D 163402 release-keys
ro.build.characteristics=nosdcard
# end build properties
#
# system.prop for maguro
#

rild.libpath=/vendor/lib/libsec-ril.so
rild.libargs=-d /dev/ttys0
telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=0

#
# ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES
#
ro.com.android.dateformat=MM-dd-yyyy
ro.com.android.dataroaming=false
ro.url.legal=http://www.google.com/intl/%s/mobile/android/basic/phone-legal.html
ro.url.legal.android_privacy=http://www.google.com/intl/%s/mobile/android/basic/privacy.html
ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-google
ro.error.receiver.system.apps=com.google.android.feedback
ro.error.receiver.default=com.samsung.receiver.error
ro.setupwizard.mode=ENABLED
ro.setupwizard.enterprise_mode=1
ro.config.ringtone=Girtab.ogg
ro.config.notification_sound=Proxima.ogg
ro.config.alarm_alert=Cesium.ogg
keyguard.no_require_sim=true
drm.service.enabled=true
wifi.interface=wlan0
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=15
ro.opengles.version=131072
ro.sf.lcd_density=320
dalvik.vm.heapstartsize=8m
dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=64m
dalvik.vm.heapsize=256m
ro.com.google.gmsversion=4.0_r1
dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y
net.bt.name=Android
dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt

I guess I'll have to use the full system images to update my phone, as I'll never get the update.

Chirality

Sep 6, 2008
Cambridge, MA
The product name is different, it's yakjuxw instead of yakju, which means it's meant to be a different device than the normal release device that most people got (though that doesn't necessarily mean there are any hardware differences.)

Luxferro

Nov 19, 2009
Long Island, NY
The product name is different, it's yakjuxw instead of yakju, which means it's meant to be a different device than the normal release device that most people got (though that doesn't necessarily mean there are any hardware differences.)

Yeah, I initially noticed that too. Hopefully the hardware is the same and I won't run into any further issues once I flash the latest images. I created a nandroid just in case though.

waylo

May 9, 2010
I have the same thing on mine! No wonder... I've been waiting forever for the OTA update.

Shipped to me Thursday from Negri, here in the US. Picked it up at the Fedex depot on Saturday.

Last edited:

Chirality

Sep 6, 2008
Cambridge, MA
Hmm...maybe Samsung pushed out their own update to fix the volume bug because they thought Google was taking too long. Perhaps this is what those retailers meant when they said that Samsung did additional testing and fixed some batches?

Luxferro

Nov 19, 2009
Long Island, NY
I have the same thing on mine! No wonder... I've been waiting forever for the OTA update.

Shipped to me Thursday from Negri, here in the US. Picked it up at the Fedex depot on Saturday.

Yeah, that's probably why a lot of people aren't getting the update.

I'd assume if there are enough people out there with the same builds, google will have to make another update for us. I just want to know if the would be any further issues if we updated using the full system images. Like will we get updates in the future, or is something different with our phones? or the IMEI's

Last edited:

waylo

May 9, 2010
So I'm guessing this means we can't apply the updates that are made for the newer builds then?

Hmm...

Well actually, if you take the factory images released, you/we can write over our existing data.

http://code.google.com/android/nexus/images.html

EDIT: Oops, saw that you already realized that in one of your first posts.

Crap, that means a lot of erasing and restoring again!

Last edited:
Reactions: teamgreen02

martonikaj

Nov 20, 2010
Seattle, WA
Man i feel like waking up extra early tomorrow to cancel my GN pre-order. This is turning out to be a huge fiasco.

9869953.jpg

Chirality

Sep 6, 2008
Cambridge, MA
I doubt it, cause the build date in the build.prop is ro.build.date=Sun Nov 13 04:05:52 KST 2011

That makes perfect sense. Samsung discovered that they forgot to add debounce to the keys on Nov 10 and patched it on that day. But that patch didn't make it into Google's release build, which was built on Nov 11. Samsung probably realized how bad this would be for their reputation, and since Google wasn't acting fast enough to include the patch in a new build to push out to phones, made their own build of the software image on Nov 13 and flashed it on some batches of phones. Earlier batches did not get the new Samsung image but some later ones did get the fixed image.

blunden

Jun 11, 2009
That makes perfect sense. Samsung discovered that they forgot to add debounce to the keys on Nov 10 and patched it on that day. But that patch didn't make it into Google's release build, which was built on Nov 11. Samsung probably realized how bad this would be for their reputation, and since Google wasn't acting fast enough to include the patch in a new build to push out to phones, made their own build of the software image on Nov 13 and flashed it on some batches of phones. Earlier batches did not get the new Samsung image but some later ones did get the fixed image.
That's just baseless speculation unless you can prove that the volume issue had already been fixed in that build.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's radio-maguro-i9250ugkl1.img with all the extra trimmed off. It should flash with fastboot fine.

MD5 of radio-maguro-i9250ugkl1.img = A37F2A15B2B3A9DEC0B803CA5E54B80B
    if you download the official google factory images, inside the tar is a flash-all.sh which is a script that says the following:
    Code:
    fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-maguro-primekk15.img
    fastboot reboot-bootloader
    sleep 5
    fastboot flash radio radio-maguro-i9250xxkk6.img
    fastboot reboot-bootloader
    sleep 5
    fastboot -w update image-yakju-icl53f.zip

Put all the .img files and the update image-yakju-icl53f.zip where you want to use fastboot from and then execute each line in the above script separately. when you get to the last part leave out the -w (this wipes the phone), so your basically just updating without wiping your apps, or sdcard folder.
    Code:
    fastboot update image-yakju-icl53f.zip

I asked Jean-Baptiste Queru (who is in charge of AOSP), and he confirmed this would update it w/o wiping. I just did it and it worked fine :)
    I found a little info on this build so far. From a google AOSP engineer

I'm told this is normal, this is one of the region-specific variants. the yakju OTA indeed won't apply on a yakjuxw device.

I replied back asking if it has the volume bug, and if this build will get future OTA updates. I'll post back if he replies.
    If you don't want to wait if the firmware chaos sorts itself out with the next update, just get the updater directly from Samsung: http://samsung.de/de/Privatkunden/M...nexus/GT-I9250TSADBT/detail.aspx?atab=support
    Firmware (Firmware Galaxy Nexus ITL41F)

This will make your "yakjuxw" into a "yakju", see here: http://translate.google.de/translat...p://www.android-hilfe.de/2368690-post359.html

Edit: Attention: This will lock your bootloader again.
    So I have the yakjuxw build on my phone. I also have the box you guys are describing with the sicker on the back and both english and spanish legal text.

Underneath the battery is not the FCC sticker shown on most of the unboxing videos but it is one in spanish.

I asked Dan Morrill of Google if he knew what the yakjuxw was and he forwarded the question to Jean-Baptiste Queru this was his response:

"Jean-Baptiste Queru - This is a region-specific build specific for I forgot which region (might be Europe plus SE Asia - I don't remember the codes by heart)."

I have asked him if as a US owner I should flash the factory image from the code.google site and I'm awaiting a reply. I'll update this post if he replies.