General My galaxy s21 ultra exynos heats up while camera is on. Anyone else is facing the same issue?

Search This thread

celll777

Jan 27, 2016
Hello everyone. Read some comments here and wanted to share my experience. I currently reside in Brazil. Pretty warm here right now. About 30 degrees Celsius. I've been using my S21 Ultra for three weeks now. I do have a Note 10 Plus and iPhone 11 as well. Even a Nokia 808. Well, long story short: the phone heats up the moment I launch the camera app. Shut down the camera app twice app on me while taking pictures outside in the park. When shooting a video in full hd 60 FPS heats up and shuts down the app after 15 min. In 4k mode 60fps same thing. But when shooting in full hd auto FPS can shoot for more than 40 min with temperature reaching 43 degrees. When doing the same with other devices: iPhone 11 reached 40 degrees after 50 min and note 10 Plus 43 degrees. My wife's S20 reached 50 degrees after 20 min in 4k but didn't shut down. Continued to work through 54 degrees. I did factory reset via settings 4 times and once through recovery mode. Nothing helped. My question is: is this a software issue or a hardware one? Because if it's the latter I'd rather try to return it now or sell at a loss. My primary reason for buying this was because of cameras and spen support. But this heating up issue makes the usage really uncomfortable. Would love to hear some thoughts on what I should do.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Hello everyone. Read some comments here and wanted to share my experience. I currently reside in Brazil. Pretty warm here right now. About 30 degrees Celsius. I've been using my S21 Ultra for three weeks now. I do have a Note 10 Plus and iPhone 11 as well. Even a Nokia 808. Well, long story short: the phone heats up the moment I launch the camera app. Shut down the camera app twice app on me while taking pictures outside in the park. When shooting a video in full hd 60 FPS heats up and shuts down the app after 15 min. In 4k mode 60fps same thing. But when shooting in full hd auto FPS can shoot for more than 40 min with temperature reaching 43 degrees. When doing the same with other devices: iPhone 11 reached 40 degrees after 50 min and note 10 Plus 43 degrees. My wife's S20 reached 50 degrees after 20 min in 4k but didn't shut down. Continued to work through 54 degrees. I did factory reset via settings 4 times and once through recovery mode. Nothing helped. My question is: is this a software issue or a hardware one? Because if it's the latter I'd rather try to return it now or sell at a loss. My primary reason for buying this was because of cameras and spen support. But this heating up issue makes the usage really uncomfortable. Would love to hear some thoughts on what I should do.

You need to track down the root causes and correct them as much as possible.
It will be harder on Q and 11 because google took away diagnostic tools like logging used in 3rd party apps such as Karma Firewall.

As I stated before using power management ie standby apps only made things worse for me on my 10+. Don't think they sorted this out as obviously they haven't. My Snapdragon 10+ was a hot running battery hog; today it runs very well... after a lot of work*.
Meh, play with it.

* once you get it configured right be very wary of updates especially firmware. They can send you back to square one and there may be no way to restore functionality other than a reflash in the case of firmware.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I do have note 10 Plus as well. Even did comparison with Ultra and an iPhone 11 that I have. Note 10 never surpassed 45 degrees even when recording for 1 hour.
Trust me the 10+ can be burning up just idling. It's fixable but not just a one or two toggle fits all fix🤣
If any phone is running hot and the ambient temperature is 100°F* or above you need to keep close eye on it, out direct sunlight and avoid charging when above 95°F without cooling.
Your nearing the point of no return as the overheating can cascade rapidly.
You can fry the display... not a pretty picture.
If all else fails power it off immediately until cool.

*in the desert heat I'll use a damp microfiber cloth and/or forced air cooling to cool the phone especially when charging.
If it's hot to the touch, it's too hot😡

Reactions: celll777
D

Deleted member 4685262

The latest AUC8 update that was released today apparently fixes the heating camera issues. Someone on Reddit confirmed it after testing 4K video for 10min. The update is around 1.1GB in size. I got today in the UK.

Reactions: iamnotkurtcobain

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Honestly, never had an issue with overheating on Note. Mine is Exynos version as well. Talked to Samsung today. They wanted to open up the phone to see what was wrong with it. Didn't like the idea.
During a production run Samsung will substitute smaller chipsets and components as needed. Sometimes the update firmware flashes aren't compatible with the substitute chipsets/component values. Samsung literally doesn't know which chipsets are in these phones without physically examining them. Brilliant.
Once they ID the chipset or components they can revise the firmware accordingly.
Welcome to Samsung's betaware testing program🤣

smederevoboy

Jan 26, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
After April update,overheating steel no isue 😊

Record 16 min Uhd video.

Temperature max 39

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210329-191730_Camera.jpg
    Screenshot_20210329-191730_Camera.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 130
  • Screenshot_20210329-191748_Camera.jpg
    Screenshot_20210329-191748_Camera.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 130

Rickmarty

Aug 25, 2014
Hello, I have heating problems when using camera for a time, it starts to get slow, a Iave the lateste software updated from oficial update.
Where do I check witch vercion of AUC I have?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When you use the camera on your phone, the phone isn't "idle" anymore...

Come on guys!! Whats with you?! Read the post, it's not that hard to understand.

So I assume you know exactly what I mean still want to make fun for nothing, getting it all wrong.

I say that the camera app is open and idle. It's not that hard to get, just stay out of it if you have nothing substantial to add!! We are here to help not to bully
    let me tells you all how to fix any s21 ultra issue,what i did ,i bought the s21 ultra and see terible heating issue with camera and facebook dim the screen so i sell this f...phone and bought again note 20 ultra,i update to the new ui3.1 and the same happend there every things like the s21 ultra ,so i downgrade again back to ui 2.5 and lett me tell you ....its working the best ,not even 1 issue and very smooth like butter ..so dont try to find fix ,there isnt ,but maybe in future update they will fix all the bad things ,hope i helped you !
    1. Go into settings and type in notifications into the search bar
    2. Go into included apps, turn off everything you don't use
    3. Go into settings and type in deep sleeping apps into the search bar
    4. Click onto deep sleeping apps, and put everything you don't use to sleep.
    5. Clear cache and storage from camera app.
    Close all apps from background, and reboot your phone.
    There is a funny thing about heating issue. On my exynos 21ultra, I have heating(warm) issues from these apps.
    1. Camera.
    2. A simple word game.
    3. Chrome(which I eventually disabled).
    Then I have these apps that doesn't generate as much heat:
    1. Asphalt9
    2. Quora
    3. Ludo
    4. YouTube and other video services.
    Samsung didnt get their thermal management right in this release of their software.
    Just having the view finder open on AUA4 was enough to cause my G998B to almost melt. Battery life was rubbish too.

AUAC fixed this for me and substantially improved the battery life.