Question My gt neo 2 does not support Widevine L1. Why? How to fix?

Search This thread
Dec 4, 2015
my gt neo 2 is in Indian RUI 2.0/Android 11 ROM. But it doesn't support Widevine L1. The smartphone is only in Widevine L3. I already updated to Global ROM RUI 3.0 but it didn't work. I've also tried it on Indian ROM RUI 3.0 and it didn't work either. Lastly, I downgraded to Indian ROM/ RUI 2.0 android 11 and still L3 😥. I already contacted Realme support but they didn't respond. Someone help me?

Ícone Verificada pela comunidade

Alifirdaus

Dec 25, 2015
my gt neo 2 is in Indian RUI 2.0/Android 11 ROM. But it doesn't support Widevine L1. The smartphone is only in Widevine L3. I already updated to Global ROM RUI 3.0 but it didn't work. I've also tried it on Indian ROM RUI 3.0 and it didn't work either. Lastly, I downgraded to Indian ROM/ RUI 2.0 android 11 and still L3 😥. I already contacted Realme support but they didn't respond. Someone help me?

View attachment 5644803
please refer to my post regarding widevine. Just to remind you that you need to be patient waiting for them to reply your email etc. They are very slow! Don't send them by many emails at once or else your tickets will be pushed down.

Last edited:
Reactions: jessinvasconcelos

Alifirdaus

Dec 25, 2015
I saw your post. But your file doesn't work on my device. I've done everything, tested all possible ROM's. All tests I did with the bootloader locked.
I think I will delete the apk as many people thought that it will work on their devices when it's not because it was assigned with my IMEI number specifically. My bad. And, yes just wait for their reply.

Reactions: jessinvasconcelos

Alifirdaus

Dec 25, 2015
Support said that Chinese version smartphones do not support widevine L1. 😭💔
It cannot be. My phone is originally a chinese rom with no google whatsoever. I change my rom after getting the widevine key and it still work fine even after changing to another region back and forth for testing. You should ask directly to get the widevine apk with your imei. There is no need to tell them your device's region.

Dec 4, 2015
It cannot be. My phone is originally a chinese rom with no google whatsoever. I change my rom after getting the widevine key and it still work fine even after changing to another region back and forth for testing. You should ask directly to get the widevine apk with your imei. There is no need to tell them your device's region.
I think the same way as you. I will keep trying. When you first installed the apk, which ROM were you in?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

View attachment 5644803
    please refer to my post regarding widevine. Just to remind you that you need to be patient waiting for them to reply your email etc. They are very slow! Don't send them by many emails at once or else your tickets will be pushed down.
    I'm not sure if this could help but maybe try to flash the universal safetynet fix module in magisk. I did that and Netflix was available in the Playstore again so maybe try...
    I think I'm going to try this, as I've done all possible attempts.
    I saw your post. But your file doesn't work on my device. I've done everything, tested all possible ROM's. All tests I did with the bootloader locked.
    I think I will delete the apk as many people thought that it will work on their devices when it's not because it was assigned with my IMEI number specifically. My bad. And, yes just wait for their reply.