Search This thread

tazb

Feb 7, 2012
This is me with JuiceDefender extreme on

d8c68b54-d092-dc7a.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jwaves

Nov 19, 2011
personally ive been using the james bond kernel with liquid jelly. and its giving me the best results in terms of battery out of the kernels i've tried. I know everyones phone is different as well as how you use it but you guys might want to give it a shot

ac3theone

Jan 26, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
I think this is pretty good battery life
ad02a359-209a-b0a8.jpg

I'm on stock jb with Franco kernel with the CPU sleeper app

pdxtechdoctor

Aug 3, 2011
People, please post your Gnex model with your stats..

Part or the problem here is the fact that nobody says if they have a GSM or LTE Gnex.. the LTE units does use quite a bit more juice than the GSM ones.

Personally I would love to see some battery stats from people on Verizion or Sprint(with active LTE) with LTE on and with LTE off..

For the sprint people, do you have LTE active in your area? if you do not and you have LTE turned on, I'm sure that would be a huge battery hog...

To the juice defender post.. Turn of you radio? really? this is a phone... in order to receive phone calls the radio must be on.. I can't speak about the CDMA version, but my GSM uses at most 5% cell idle time after a full day..

This GSM Gnex actually has the best battery life out of anything I've owned and I've had a few smartphones over the years

Current setup AndroidME ASOP Light 1.1 - Trinity307

atifsh

Sep 24, 2009
Islamabad
Best I'm having on absolutely stock.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1344887899320.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1344887899320.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 339
  • uploadfromtaptalk1344887926142.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1344887926142.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 315

mcvigo

Oct 16, 2011
How can I get stock back on my gsm nexus?

Ive tried every rom but am really wanting to go back to stock.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

atifsh

Sep 24, 2009
Islamabad
find efrant's thread in general section. Or read stikies
Basically you use fastboot and Google factory images to go back to stock.

Zixin

Aug 14, 2012
Some interesting ideas in here. Will certainly try out a few. I have a GSM version and in general I can get more that 24 hours. I am however not a heavy user.

I also use Franco kernels(348 only) and personally I found it to be an improvement to stock.

mmead1143

Dec 27, 2010
If you guys are really looking for a fulproof way to extend your battery life, go on the Play Store and download the app.. Juice Defender Beta, followed by the paid version.. Juice Defender Ultimate. You have to do it that way, as JD Ultimate works like an unlock key. What Juice Defender does, is disable your data connection while you screen is off.. then enabling it when you unlock your phone.
I've found that this is really the only way to truly increase battery life, bc once you set the parameters in JD's settings.. it'll do it on the fly for you. Also, you can train Wifi locations so JD will enable Wifi when you're in range and then automatically disable it when you're out of range. I recently wiped my phone, so it's relearning my Wifi location.. I know I don't have a Nexus, but I've OC'd my HTC Vivid to 1.62Ghz and I still get about 10-17hrs w/Juice Defender's help. Let me know if this helps anyone!

HTC Vivid, S-On, DeSensed
ROM: Virtuous Inquisition 4.0.2.1
Kernel: Faux-123 v007

QFT - JD increased my battery life from an average of 8 hours of usage to 15 - I'm not listing the details of my settings,rom,kernel as nobody's phones/settings are alike.

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

QFT - JD increased my battery life from an average of 8 hours of usage to 15 - I'm not listing the details of my settings,rom,kernel as nobody's phones/settings are alike.

Let me add that JB simply turns everything off when you aren't using it - sync settings are set so you cycle everything as often as you like but each app is controlled so you aren't firing off syncs all the time.

For me this is a big battery saver as I receive 300 email per day for business - so if I'm syncing all hte time the battery drain is insane.

When I wake the phone, everything is firing like normal.

wissamidrissi

Sep 22, 2008
Tripoli

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Let me add that JB simply turns everything off when you aren't using it - sync settings are set so you cycle everything as often as you like but each app is controlled so you aren't firing off syncs all the time.

For me this is a big battery saver as I receive 300 email per day for business - so if I'm syncing all hte time the battery drain is insane.

When I wake the phone, everything is firing like normal.

so useful information, thank you very much :D

mikegodzwa

Jun 17, 2010
Washington, DC
All about the network signal

I've played around with kernels and underclocking on my Sprint GNex for the last year with no noticeable improvements over stock. The big battery drain for me comes from Sprint's poor signal quality. I can get 12-15 hours easy on WiFi, but when I'm out and about I'm lucky to get 8.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My guide for 18+ hours:

Stock. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
    I am here to share my experience to get 18 hours normal usage, browsing chatting, facebook and calls.
    2 days if you are not touching your phone at all, standby.

follow my guide, I think it's all about the Kernel but I shared the rom I used too just in case.
    this guide is for GSM, might work on others just download the proper rom and kernel.

Optional, you can undervolt to 1ghz but I didn't and got 18 means more if you undervolt.

http://nexus-hacks.blogspot.com/2012/08/how-to-increase-galaxy-nexus-battery.html

point 1: when you go to 1GHz , it's called underclocking. undervolting is when you lower the voltage for the corresponding processor frequencies.
    point 2: 18h , but what about screen ON ? how much is the "normal usage" equivalent to, in terms of screen ON and the stuff that you're running on your phone.

it's nice to see you trying to contribute and thumbs up for the effort, and i really don't want to sound like an a-hole, but this is not a guide. flashing a custom rom + kernel, and letting the battery go through a few cycles cannot be considered as a guide with battery saving tips. Cheers mate.
    Yah I hate to be that guy but where's the guide? Everyone uses their phone different. You should at least show your battery usage screen shot so we can see screen time etc.
    Yah I hate to be that guy but where's the guide? Everyone uses their phone different. You should at least show your battery usage screen shot so we can see screen time etc.

sorry, I wiped stats but you can study this.
    just look at my charge time compared to the times I am using phone, and because it last longer I don't care when its red and low, I was in 5% from 9pm to 11pm chatting from time to time and facebook, and btw my wifi is always on.

and pardon me I am new Xd I am just sharing something not an expert or something :p but next time I will make sure : it's called underclocking <- I though both are same, and post screenshot and screen on time :D

EDIT: I think I should charge it to 100% and make it drain then share pics with you guys, that's the proper way for screenshot right Xd? cuz mine looks like a mess XD
    hey thanks for the write up... i used it alone to change the colors! now my screen isn't yellow.

question though... when I adjust my colors manually, when I go to 0 percent brightness, everything goes like super green... like crazy looking lol.. but at 3 percent it's fine again... any idea why this happens and how I can fix it to get true 0 percent? thanks!

Finally I helped one person, thanks man I love you XD

and this guide is just experience, because most people are wondering what is best rom and kernel combination, well this was best for me at least.