My HD2 just wont charge.

Search This thread

darryl22

Nov 27, 2008
i was having the very same issue earlier today with the flashing orange/green led i found that one of the little pins that make contact from the hd2 to the battery was bent down and not making contact after bending it back very carefully i now have just the orange led and a charging battery.
it might be worth a quick check you never know

Shum97

Feb 13, 2010
I can't believe I'm the 18th post and no one has suggested this.
Go to the battery settings...the easiest way is to click on the taskbar and then click on battery. Make sure that the check box is NOT checked next to "When phone is on, do not charge the battery......"

If that doesn't help you it may be useful to someone else. This was also a problem for me when I first got the HD2.

You right bud..I found that out the hard way:eek::D..lol

felixdd

Dec 20, 2008
can't believe i didn't notice this thread.

This happened to me the other day. I also had my phone in a silicone case. It was running GPS while charging through car charger.

At 86%, it stopped charging. When I held it, the case was quite warm. I took the phone out of its case, let it cool down a bit, then continued charging without issue.

Perhaps a temperature issue?

.hide

Feb 22, 2010
yes it due to temperature issue. when i was using a china made battery. it wont allow me to get it charge. and the temp is around 40. stock Htc battery at most hit 35 while i am on call. anything above 37 the battery wont charge. and the flash led will keep blinking.

Kev007

Jan 16, 2008
Leipzig, Germany
www.facebook.com
Hi guys!
i bought a second battery as backup (after experiencing the TG01's short battery life) when buying my HD2. the backup battery was made in china and had the same problem as many people in this thread do: whenever plugged in, the battery immediately reaches 100% charge. on the other hand, the original HTC battery works perfectly.
it turns out, the fake battery can still be charged with a HD2 dock (which has an integrated battery slot, i got it of eBay Germany)
so far i have experience the same battery life while using the original and fake batteries!

EDIT: attached pictures of my dock and a universal battery charger which i bought on my last vacation to Thailand, it also charges defective batteries (or excites them). the label on the back says: made by ACME Power, charges 3.7V lithium batteries. Automatic polarity exchange. Model: AP A-200. USB Input: DC 5V +/- 0.25V. Output: DC 4.2V +/- 0.05V, 0.5A max. Made in PRC (People's Republic of China) Sorry for not rotating the photo :D
basically, there are two pins that touch the contacts on the battery and the whole device is designed like a clip so it can hold the battery in place while it gets charged!

Attachments

• IMAG0027.jpg
    IMAG0027.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 90
  • IMAG0026.jpg
    IMAG0026.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

aaronio

Jan 5, 2010
Chihuahua
yes it due to temperature issue. when i was using a china made battery. it wont allow me to get it charge. and the temp is around 40. stock Htc battery at most hit 35 while i am on call. anything above 37 the battery wont charge. and the flash led will keep blinking.

I agree it must be a temperature issue, when my backup battery is not charging I usually turn the phone off wait a few minutes and plug the USB in and it works.

kpejr187

Feb 29, 2008
God bless you, n11 !! I didn't even know about the option to not charge the phone while connected to a pc and was at my wits end trying to figure out why my phone wouldn't charge! Imauser may not have appreciated your advice, but rest assured that you can bother me anytime!

zole2112

Oct 23, 2008
Wisconsin
i was having the very same issue earlier today with the flashing orange/green led i found that one of the little pins that make contact from the hd2 to the battery was bent down and not making contact after bending it back very carefully i now have just the orange led and a charging battery.
it might be worth a quick check you never know

Thank you, I had the same thing happen to mine about 3 days ago. It wouldn't charge on the usb port or in the wall, blinking orange and green. It was a bent pin, the one in the middle. I'm happy as hell, you made my day!

xborfi

May 10, 2008
thank you! I just got the same issue, the middle pin was the issue. I just fixed it with small screwdriver and it is charging again

dick turpin

May 2, 2009
liverpool
my phone is dead................... :( same thing, charging issue. had problems charging using the charger in the wall socket, tried usb which seemed to do the trick... now thats failed. my phone is now a brick! tried bending the pins too, doesnt work. gonna go have a lie down and cry now. lol

dick turpin

May 2, 2009
liverpool
my brick is now a phone again!!! yaaaaay!! scratched the surface of the gold contact strips on the battery were the pins contact battery. my phone charges again using the wall socket charger... PHEEEEEEW!!!!!!! :D:D:D

rr5678

Dec 25, 2009
whateva boii

Whatever happened to typing in proper English?

my brick is now a phone again!!! yaaaaay!! scratched the surface of the gold contact strips on the battery were the pins contact battery. my phone charges again using the wall socket charger... PHEEEEEEW!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Remember this for the future. If your phone is not hot and the phone is saying it's overheated, that means the phone can't read the battery's thermistor for one reason or another.

martian71

Oct 18, 2008
I have a charging issue when in the car, i have narrowed it down to the phone getting too hot while in the cradle, if i remove the phone from the cradle and place it on the seat it cools and starts charging again

stefanboy007

Sep 2, 2010
Battery solution HTC HD2 LEO needles problem (contact)

:eek::):):):):)

Hi. I can tell you what the problem is on your HTC HTD2 (LEO)

When u removed the battery from your htc leo u axedently damaged the needles from the htc . Check the needles from the phone and check that that the contact from the phone needles to the battery are direct and straight. Because now you dont have any contact from phone with battery.

-Steven

baddison

Aug 11, 2006
USA
not charging and blinking amber/green

Original post here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=8673333&postcount=28

Just reposting in the hopes that I can get some really good ideas/suggestions. Thanks!!

"I just purchased an unlocked t9193 a few days ago. I have HSPL'd it and changed the radio to 2.15.50.14
I have installed Energy ROM WWE Oct 14th 2010 (21681) Manila 2018.
I was in the midst of customizing the settings just the way I like it when suddenly the device started to blink green-and-amber, and the battery stopped charging.

I unplugged the device, and removed the battery. The phone was NOT hot at all. I thought it must be something I installed, so removed the radio and installed 2.14.50.04. I also task 29'd a few times and the reinstalled NRG's rom.

When I plug in the charger, the battery meter immediately displays 100%, but when you check the battery in START/SETTINGS/SYSTEM/POWER, it is not charging. This happens when using the wall charger, and when using the USB to the computer as well. The phone is not hot, the battery temperature is never more than 19degC or 20degC.

Additionally, I have permanently lost the ability to use the flash in my camera. It is permanently a greyed-out lightning bolt and a circle with a slash through it. Tapping flash never turns it on either.

I have checked the bronze prongs and they appear to be in tact - none is bent or out of shape. I am using the battery that came with the device, its an htcBB81100/3.7dc/1230mah/4.55whr. I have only had the phone for 3 or 4 days. I don't know what could be the problem, but this device will not charge. I am thinking about purchasing another battery. But the strange thing is that this WAS WORKING just fine. I don't know what caused it to suddenly not charge anymore and not give the ability to use camera flash either. the battery level is currently at 39% when not plugged in - and draining fast. I cannot flash anything anymore because I am below the required 50% battery charge for flashing. I have hard-reset multiple times and still no charging.

Any advice, suggestions, or tips would be greatly appreciated. I purchase the phone unlocked, so I had to pay a whopping $700.00 for this device. Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance."

*edited to add: even when the device is powered off, the same blinking amber-and-green occurs...:confused:

baddison

Aug 11, 2006
USA
*update*
I purchased a brand new battery, same HTC stock number & model. I am still having the same issue. This phone will not charge. It is recognized by the PC when I plug it into the USB. I am able to access the unit's hard drive, and the inserted SD card. But even in the PC, the battery will not charge.

Does anyone have any ideas? suggestions? thoughts?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had the same blinking sequence during a road trip, when the HD2 was charging on the GPS stand, under direct sun.

When refreshed, the HD2 resumed charging.

For me it seems to be the impossibility of recharging - dead battery or hot battery (failsafe).
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone