• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

My kid changed lockscreen pin

Search This thread

mantavyask

Mar 25, 2015
Hello there, I'm using OnePlus 6t on OOS 10, somehow my kid changed the lockscreen pin and now forgot.
I've read multiple threads and asked a lot of people, but there seems no method to bypass the lockscreen pin.
I'd some important files which I couldn't backup/ not until my last backup.
Is there any way possible to recover my files after a hard reset as that's the only alternate i can think of without bypassing lockscreen without root.
FYI: Bootloader locked, currently locked, haven't hard reset yet, usb debugging off.

Masamune3210

Nov 22, 2016
Nope, if you hard reset you lose everything. User storage is encrypted with a per-session key that is wiped when a reset occurs meaning everything on the phone becomes useless garbage the moment that key is lost. If you have adb enabled and have authorized your computer once before you might be able to pull files off using that but otherwise you might be screwed

The lock screen is designed to keep people out, wouldn't be much use if it let people exfiltrate data whenever they wanted

Clarkiieh

Mar 13, 2013
OnePlus 6T
Don't even think you'll be able to get the pin off the phone. When you reset Google asks for the old pin used in the device.

If USB debugging is off, I don't even think you can flash stock firmware onto the device either.

You're pretty much screwed.

s.seila

Aug 27, 2019
Phnom Penh
OnePlus 6T
The best way to do is MSM tool. If you don't know the password your can't even get in to recovery mode( required password). By doing that all data will be gone.