My LG G4 Photography

roosta

Oct 26, 2010
Melbourne
Brilliant photos! I think it's a brilliant camera...I do think the colour is slightly flushed out in some of the 'nature' shots...more vibrant on the S6 camera...but when you consider ALL phones features, the G4 craps on the S6 overall.

AndroidCity

Oct 11, 2014
Rotterdam
Hey everyone,

I'm lucky to have had the G4 for a few weeks now and I think the camera is amazing... really great in low light and always sharp (thanks to the OIS). You can see my photos on my Flickr page: https://flic.kr/s/aHsk8MDaG2

If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them :)

Alex
These pics are amazing! Good work men. I'm pretty good with camera's as press photographer, but I could learn from you ^^

---------- Post added at 07:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 AM ----------

Brilliant photos! I think it's a brilliant camera...I do think the colour is slightly flushed out in some of the 'nature' shots...more vibrant on the S6 camera...but when you consider ALL phones features, the G4 craps on the S6 overall.
Best option is to shoot in DNG and edit those images in a program like Photoshop or Lightroom. A standard DNG file will look like **** untill you play around with the settings, you will get great contrast, colours :)

oranglewat

Apr 27, 2012
Jakarta
I'm planning to go to Japan in October. I'm a photography noob, any tip for me for taking quick quality pictures? Will probably do a lot of urban, nature and landscape photos.

alexfoxy

Feb 12, 2013
Best option is to shoot in DNG and edit those images in a program like Photoshop or Lightroom. A standard DNG file will look like **** untill you play around with the settings, you will get great contrast, colours :)
I wish something like snapseed could open DNGs.. I like to be able to do everything on my phone. I know you can get Light Room but I don't wanna pay $10 a month subscription really.. are there any other options?

Thanks! I agree sometimes they are a bit over saturated when shot in JPEG. DNG is much more natural but they require a bit more work to edit!

laciii1985

Dec 9, 2012
VERY nice mate! SImply, fantastic! I've ordered a tripod with telescopic lens... looking forward to taking some landscape pictures :)

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Guys, how to to set up the camera if I want to shot fast-moving objects, like motorcycles or cars...? Sorry, I know it's off-topic, but I really am curious! :)

roosta

Oct 26, 2010
Melbourne
Spot on...the only issue there is, I dpn't think we have Adobe Lightroom for Andriod yet, lol...and it can take a few minutes of mucking around if you are meticulous with bright, deep contrasting colours...the S6 does this better than the G4, but as you have said, shootingin RAW/DNG format allows you countless possibilities if you have the program and are prepared to learn and/or spend time in Lr fixing it up.

RoOSTA

AndroidCity

Oct 11, 2014
Rotterdam
Spot on...the only issue there is, I dpn't think we have Adobe Lightroom for Andriod yet, lol...and it can take a few minutes of mucking around if you are meticulous with bright, deep contrasting colours...the S6 does this better than the G4, but as you have said, shootingin RAW/DNG format allows you countless possibilities if you have the program and are prepared to learn and/or spend time in Lr fixing it up.

RoOSTA
Actually there is Lightroom for android ;) Only I use the pc version

alexfoxy

Feb 12, 2013
VERY nice mate! SImply, fantastic! I've ordered a tripod with telescopic lens... looking forward to taking some landscape pictures :)

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Guys, how to to set up the camera if I want to shot fast-moving objects, like motorcycles or cars...? Sorry, I know it's off-topic, but I really am curious! :)
I would use manual mode and set the shutter speed to as fast as possible. Or use auto mode with fast shutter to capture multiple shots.. you'll have to do some experimentation :)

Reactions: laciii1985

alexfoxy

Feb 12, 2013
#london #city #skyline by alex fox, on Flickr

Not seen a 5:4 aspect in a while but it works well here.

What are your major uses for snapseed ? i can see it was used for cropping, adding filters here & there. anything else.
Thanks! It wasn't intentional.. I Just cropped it until I thought it looked good!

I use it for pulling out some of the shadows with the "Ambience" control. I also like to bring out some details and sharpness depending on the image. I have used it to add blur and do some spot repairing in some images as well as use the brush to increase/reduce saturation in specific areas. I like the fact you can edit your history and even mask out areas of a certain effect, very useful!

One Twelve

Oct 28, 2013
Thanks! It wasn't intentional.. I Just cropped it until I thought it looked good!

I use it for pulling out some of the shadows with the "Ambience" control. I also like to bring out some details and sharpness depending on the image. I have used it to add blur and do some spot repairing in some images as well as use the brush to increase/reduce saturation in specific areas. I like the fact you can edit your history and even mask out areas of a certain effect, very useful!
The one thing i've always wanted was a levels correction but i've not seen any app on mobile that does it as reliably or as simply as on the pc.

Not auto, just let me set markers with a histogram.