My LG p970 can't turn on

Search This thread

realbabilu

Apr 1, 2011
Dear everyone

My nephew just gor p970 yesterday
for the name of curiosity, i checked and tried the phone.

the rom is 10a
i did root using gingerbreak
it was succeed. i dont kno why i has to root anyway.
actually no need for installing the special app.

then i registered the phone to access to the market.
installing some media music player with lyrics lrc.
the phone then warns the battery just 15%.
i plugged it to the power AC, and continues selecting the music apps.
after several minutes somehow it hangs, the music is jammed.

i pulled the power cord.
i tried turn off by hold the power button not helped. then i removed the battery.and put in back.

restarted, the 4 low phone button was blinking, the screen was grey.
for several minutes, there's no sign froyo menu.
hopeless, i removed the battery.and put in back agin..

i tried to turn on the phone, and it just like no sign of life. no lg logo.
just quiet like corpse. oh dear, what i have just done?

i dont think it is bootloop case, and i dont think it is software issue, right?

charged for 2 hours without any sign of charging, no led indicating what so ever.
still like a dead mobile phone without battery.

Last edited:

mullarameez

Nov 5, 2011
Pune
Just remove Memory card sim card and flash ur phone with latest V20o or v20e firmware using SMARTFLASH tool. U will get it in development section serch for post [ROOT] v20b and v20o i hope ur phone will work again

Sent from my LG-P970 using Tapatalk

realbabilu

Apr 1, 2011
There's no way to turn on the phone at least to software upgrade mode via hard reset or something.
no screen / beep / led that was turned on when i push the power button or even when i charge it. totally gave up.

Akzey

Jan 6, 2012
Mumbai
Remove your SIM Card, SD Card and Battery. And Press Hold Volume + Key while Plugging USB Cable to your phone. Your phone should be in S/W Mode, then try Flashing it using SmartFlash.

Last edited:
Reactions: a8nsli

agent205

Sep 22, 2011
House
Check your power cord,is it connected or not?
i mean, it happened to me once (the power is off :D )

Can't get into the s/w upgrade or what?

Sent from derp-mobile

realbabilu

Apr 1, 2011
Check your power cord,is it connected or not?
i mean, it happened to me once (the power is off :D )

Can't get into the s/w upgrade or what?

Sent from derp-mobile

i checked the power cord with others also, nokia phone that has same power cord.the nokia was charging, where the optimus was not, not given any clue charging. no led. no sound. nothing. creep...

i just went to the store, and checked with the demo stock battery. it's dead cannot turned on, same. no sign of life.

i gave it back to my nephew to check it to service center tomorrow office hour. i am felling bad bricking his phone. i never bricked original rom smartphone before. it is so badly there's no sign of life.

the question is remaining in my head: this because of the not so qualified first optimus black stocks since it is using 10a, or my miss-use?
i did nt flashing custom rom inside it, i don't think i miss-use it.

it;s no sign of lg boot or minimal sound of turned on, i don't think sw upgrade manually in house will help, right? i did try the hard reset method, up/down volume button with power button pressed at the same time continuouslyand i think plugged in also with usb computer.
there's no new usb device detected.
there's no sign of going to s/w upgrade.
this is just not my day. maybe i have to many sins for jailbreaking

hopefully he can have changed for a new one, rather than serviced for weeks.

Last edited:

N00BY0815

Nov 6, 2011
Just volume up and then plug in the usb cable. That's how you enter sw mode. But no sign of life at all, is really strange...

Sent from my LG-P970 using Tapatalk

faji20002000

Sep 22, 2011
Lagos
same thing with mine

i ve been usinfg OB for 4 months now, and ve used all sought of roms since then and no problem. presently was on sapphire rom 2.2, tried making a call and all of a sudden d screen was off colour, so i removed battery, placed it back in and can't even get the LG logo when switching on. On using volume up plus power key it entered software upgrade mode but this does not show on the screen, used smart flash and it even made it worse. i ve taken it to LG centre now waiting for reply.:confused::mad:

agent205

Sep 22, 2011
House
i checked the power cord with others also, nokia phone that has same power cord.the nokia was charging, where the optimus was not, not given any clue charging. no led. no sound. nothing. creep...

i just went to the store, and checked with the demo stock battery. it's dead cannot turned on, same. no sign of life.

i gave it back to my nephew to check it to service center tomorrow office hour. i am felling bad bricking his phone. i never bricked original rom smartphone before. it is so badly there's no sign of life.

the question is remaining in my head: this because of the not so qualified first optimus black stocks since it is using 10a, or my miss-use?
i did nt flashing custom rom inside it, i don't think i miss-use it.

it;s no sign of lg boot or minimal sound of turned on, i don't think sw upgrade manually in house will help, right? i did try the hard reset method, up/down volume button with power button pressed at the same time continuouslyand i think plugged in also with usb computer.
there's no new usb device detected.
there's no sign of going to s/w upgrade.
this is just not my day. maybe i have to many sins for jailbreaking

hopefully he can have changed for a new one, rather than serviced for weeks.

It's okay
In this case, i think it's not your fault, it's a factory fail i think
If its guarantee hasn't been expired yet,sure he can get a new replacement ;)

Sent from derp-mobile

Sobralobo

Jul 9, 2011
Setúbal
Like agent205 said, it might be a factory problem. My phone died also like that. I put it to charge and in the morning I just couldn't turn it on. So I use the guarantee and they sent it back after 3 weeks, just saying that they replaced the motherboard (and also replaced software lol). Good luck !

Sent from my LG-P970 using xda premium

faji20002000

Sep 22, 2011
Lagos
i ve been usinfg OB for 4 months now, and ve used all sought of roms since then and no problem. presently was on sapphire rom 2.2, tried making a call and all of a sudden d screen was off colour, so i removed battery, placed it back in and can't even get the LG logo when switching on. On using volume up plus power key it entered software upgrade mode but this does not show on the screen, used smart flash and it even made it worse. i ve taken it to LG centre now waiting for reply.:confused::mad:

Got it back today, i was told the panel was changed:eek:

saulmontes

Jan 6, 2008
problem found

sorry I dont know how to refer post but since its mi post I will copy paste

I own a celular repair shop in baja california mex. and resently some one brougth a LG Optimus Black p970 with same simptoms ,heat,no power no usb conectiviti and chargin problems I found a conector on the inside part of the device with some visual damage (over heat) plastic melted just a minimun part of it so i check the hole conector and I found that two conections were lost by the overheat problem
this is coused by the charging conection bad design

Ask no Problem

spec0s

Jun 14, 2012
Same problem,
i used nokia usb with my lg optimusblack, bouth it without charger, and was willing to root it , so i started to smartflash it everything went fine but when it had to restart to cwm it just went off and now its like dead.
battery was charget 15% . maybe this was the couse?
Any fix solutions and maybe any knowledge at what price it will cost to fix this ?

redy2006

May 20, 2008
Same problem,
i used nokia usb with my lg optimusblack, bouth it without charger, and was willing to root it , so i started to smartflash it everything went fine but when it had to restart to cwm it just went off and now its like dead.
battery was charget 15% . maybe this was the couse?
Any fix solutions and maybe any knowledge at what price it will cost to fix this ?

does it really dead? Can't be smartflash-ed again?

ramrod

Apr 22, 2008
Thüringen
Can you charge the phone?
Vol+ and insert USB does not work, no sw Upgrade Modus?

When yes, flash firmware again.
When no, its hardbricked, then send to service.

Sent from my LG-P970 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Remove your SIM Card, SD Card and Battery. And Press Hold Volume + Key while Plugging USB Cable to your phone. Your phone should be in S/W Mode, then try Flashing it using SmartFlash.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone