• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

My moto g XT1032 is bricked.

Search This thread

tvlover

Sep 16, 2021
I forgot to charge it and then the battery went completely dead. I tried to charge it but it took forever. Then it would start. I did several things and got into the fast boot mode tried other things and thus it is now unable to start. I think I found a thread that pretty much fits my problem. I show it below

[IMG alt="neozen21"]https://forum.xda-developers.com/data/avatars/s/3041/3041348.jpg?1600603258[/IMG]

neozen21

Senior Member​

NexusHaggis said:
hi everyone,
i accidentally deleted all of my data from my sd card when i got stuck in a bootloop and now my moto g has no OS installed. I've tried using adb to push the stock ROM onto it but because I cant access usb debugging through TWRP it doesn't even recognise my device is plugged in. any advice would be help full thanks.

Hmmm.. You basically have 2 options here.

1. Get ADB working (it's not hard, try the Koush's Universal ADB driver)
2. Restore back to stock ROM, but you will need Fastboot working.

The thing is, if you can get Fastboot working, ADB should work too.. so...

If you need help with ADB, just ask..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I need help. The phone is not recognized by my laptop when it is connected via USB. However, it does connect to the Motorola Rescue and Smart Assistant software. The Rescue program askes for my phone's MEI number. When entered
it ask for the phone version number and shows 2 choices XT1032 and XT1033. I select XT1032 and the program responds that my firmware is not the same as XT1032. I cannot go any further to get fixed.
I tried to follow your instructions but since my phone will not connect to my laptop I can't do anything.

I know this is lengthy and may sound immature but I need your help. Please help if you can.
Thanks in advance.
tvlover

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Moto X4
I forgot to charge it and then the battery went completely dead. I tried to charge it but it took forever. Then it would start. I did several things and got into the fast boot mode tried other things and thus it is now unable to start. I think I found a thread that pretty much fits my problem. I show it below

[IMG alt="neozen21"]https://forum.xda-developers.com/data/avatars/s/3041/3041348.jpg?1600603258[/IMG]

neozen21

Senior Member​

Hmmm.. You basically have 2 options here.

1. Get ADB working (it's not hard, try the Koush's Universal ADB driver)
2. Restore back to stock ROM, but you will need Fastboot working.

The thing is, if you can get Fastboot working, ADB should work too.. so...

If you need help with ADB, just ask..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I need help. The phone is not recognized by my laptop when it is connected via USB. However, it does connect to the Motorola Rescue and Smart Assistant software. The Rescue program askes for my phone's MEI number. When entered
it ask for the phone version number and shows 2 choices XT1032 and XT1033. I select XT1032 and the program responds that my firmware is not the same as XT1032. I cannot go any further to get fixed.
I tried to follow your instructions but since my phone will not connect to my laptop I can't do anything.

I know this is lengthy and may sound immature but I need your help. Please help if you can.
Thanks in advance.
tvlover
So, you device is in Fastboot mode?
You should be able to skip the imei and let LMSA choose the firmware.

tvlover

Sep 16, 2021
So, you device is in Fastboot mode?
You should be able to skip the imei and let LMSA choose the firmware.
I found that LMSA responds with "doesn't match the appropriate firmware", "you can select a firmware manually". I select Moto g, then select XT1032 and I get "information you input does not match the connected device". Obviously the phone is communicating with the LMSA and dose not have XT1032 firmware installed. The phone is locked and it's a Telus phone. What do you think>

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Moto X4
I found that LMSA responds with "doesn't match the appropriate firmware", "you can select a firmware manually". I select Moto g, then select XT1032 and I get "information you input does not match the connected device". Obviously the phone is communicating with the LMSA and dose not have XT1032 firmware installed. The phone is locked and it's a Telus phone. What do you think>
That you will need to flash manually with fastboot.exe
Tom

tvlover

Sep 16, 2021
I have gone through the posts and have come to the conclusion that my phone's Fastboot flashmode is not working properly and I cannot communicate with my laptop. I guess there is no way to get the phone working. I think it is unusable.

I would like to thank those who have tried to help me and those who have written all of the procedures I have encountered. I give up.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Moto X4
I have gone through the posts and have come to the conclusion that my phone's Fastboot flashmode is not working properly and I cannot communicate with my laptop. I guess there is no way to get the phone working. I think it is unusable.

I would like to thank those who have tried to help me and those who have written all of the procedures I have encountered. I give up.
How does it show in device manager?

tvlover

Sep 16, 2021
How does it show in device manager?
I have checked the device manager several times while investigating the issue and it does recognize when the phone is connected. It shows "Android Device" and "Mot Composite ADB Interface". It also shows "Portable Devices" and " Moto E(4)" + " Moto E(4)". The phone I connected with is a Moto G. I do have a working Moto E 4 and it has been connected to both of my laptop's USB ports in the past. Also when I right click on the 2 Moto E4's it displays Moto E 4 properties and shows the Device status "Currently the hardware device is not connected to the computer (code 45)", " To fix the problem reconnect this hardware to the computer". This does not correct the problem.

Please note: This happens when I connect the Moto G with it in the Fastboot Flash Mode. An audible computer tone happens at this time too. When the phone is unplugged the audible sounds and a refreshed Device manager no longer shows the "Android Device". This is why I concluded the phone is unusable.
Let me know what you think.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Moto X4
I have checked the device manager several times while investigating the issue and it does recognize when the phone is connected. It shows "Android Device" and "Mot Composite ADB Interface". It also shows "Portable Devices" and " Moto E(4)" + " Moto E(4)". The phone I connected with is a Moto G. I do have a working Moto E 4 and it has been connected to both of my laptop's USB ports in the past. Also when I right click on the 2 Moto E4's it displays Moto E 4 properties and shows the Device status "Currently the hardware device is not connected to the computer (code 45)", " To fix the problem reconnect this hardware to the computer". This does not correct the problem.

Please note: This happens when I connect the Moto G with it in the Fastboot Flash Mode. An audible computer tone happens at this time too. When the phone is unplugged the audible sounds and a refreshed Device manager no longer shows the "Android Device". This is why I concluded the phone is unusable.
Let me know what you think.
I would Uninstall the driver it is using
Screenshot 2021-09-18 093059.png

and reinstall Moto drivers

When it's in fastboot/bootloader mode it shouldn't say anything other than "Motorola ADB Interface"
You don't want to see Composite, Portable, or Model

Screenshot 2021-09-18 092452.png

tvlover

Sep 16, 2021
I would Uninstall the driver it is using
View attachment 5412979

and reinstall Moto drivers

When it's in fastboot/bootloader mode it shouldn't say anything other than "Motorola ADB Interface"
You don't want to see Composite, Portable, or Model

View attachment 5412975
I did what you suggested and installed the 64 bit drivers successfully. When I right click on Motorola ADB interface Properties - Events tab it says "
Device USB\VID_22B8&PID_2E80\TA92919RWS requires further installation." How do I do that?

tvlover

Sep 16, 2021
I hope you didn't misinterpret what I meant in the above reply. So sorry for the way I presented my enthusiasm. I really wanted to tell you how impressed I am with your knowledge. I was wondering before you asked for the screen shot how you got the screen shots into your replies. When you asked I honestly did not know about Snipping. I did some searching on Google and found out that it was part of Windows 10. I tried it and was very impressed. Your help and knowledge has impressed me all along and I was sincere when I made my last post. If it offended you I apologise profusely and hope that you continue to help me with my problem.
Sincerely Eric (tvlover).

tvlover

Sep 16, 2021
I have tried both USB ports on my pc with my working device MotoE E4 and they both work ok. Using the same cable and my bricked phone on both ports it does not work.

However when the working phone is connected to the pc the screen lites up on the phone and no audible from the pc is heard. If I sign in to access the phone an audible is heard and I can use the feature of the phone. For example developer options.

When the bricked phone is connected to the pc the screen on the phone lites up with the Motorola "M" and "Android" and a momentary vibration can be felt. It then goes dark and a few seconds later the Android picture with "no command" comes on then goes off the the screen is black again, A few seconds later the Android picture with "no command" comes on then goes off the the screen is black again this happens over and over again. I think the phone tries to start up and it fails due to "no command".

If I then hold the power and volume down buttons for 15 seconds and release them the phone displays the Fastboot Flash Mode screen. The connect audible from the pc is heard and commands are scrolling down the screen and ends with the command "cmd: getvar:all". From this point on nothing works on the phone. The button Volume down will perform the scroll function. The Volume up button causes the Motorola "M" and "Android" display to come on and stay on permanently. I think that the firmware is corrupted so the phone won't start
therefore I cannot access "settings" to access "Developer Options" to change the "USB Configuration" settings.
I think I should give up it is bricked. What do you think?

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Moto X4
I have tried both USB ports on my pc with my working device MotoE E4 and they both work ok. Using the same cable and my bricked phone on both ports it does not work.

However when the working phone is connected to the pc the screen lites up on the phone and no audible from the pc is heard. If I sign in to access the phone an audible is heard and I can use the feature of the phone. For example developer options.

When the bricked phone is connected to the pc the screen on the phone lites up with the Motorola "M" and "Android" and a momentary vibration can be felt. It then goes dark and a few seconds later the Android picture with "no command" comes on then goes off the the screen is black again, A few seconds later the Android picture with "no command" comes on then goes off the the screen is black again this happens over and over again. I think the phone tries to start up and it fails due to "no command".
The no command screen is just the stock recovery, you must hold the Power and tap the volume up button to access recovery options.
If I then hold the power and volume down buttons for 15 seconds and release them the phone displays the Fastboot Flash Mode screen. The connect audible from the pc is heard and commands are scrolling down the screen and ends with the command "cmd: getvar:all". From this point on nothing works on the phone. The button Volume down will perform the scroll function. The Volume up button causes the Motorola "M" and "Android" display to come on and stay on permanently. I think that the firmware is corrupted so the phone won't start
therefore I cannot access "settings" to access "Developer Options" to change the "USB Configuration" settings.
I think I should give up it is bricked. What do you think?
fastboot/bootloader mode isn't affected by usb settings in Dev options

tvlover

Sep 16, 2021
I did not know either of these facts. When I was in the "no command" state I held the power key down and tapped the up volume key. This is what appeared at the bottom of a black phone screen:
E: can't mount/cache/recovery/last log
E: can't open cache/recovery/last log
They disappear in a second or two leaving a black screen.