• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

My Nexus S thinks he's a Galaxy Nexus?!?!

Search This thread

jojoost

Jan 8, 2012
This afternoon, my phone started to act really strange, it started to show options that are usually only present on the Gnex browser..
7ejujuna.jpg
u2unatah.jpg
but when I wanted to install an app made by my friend, the phone told me my memory was full and directed me to the 'manage apps' settings, where I noticed that there was another Gnex button..
unujaga2.jpg
I tried wiping cache+dalvik cache and I even fixed permissions, but neither of these things worked. So please help me!!
araje3y2.jpg

jojoost

Jan 8, 2012
But I still can't install my friends app... tried it with an other 3rd party app, but that one doesn't work either

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

polobunny

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal
But I still can't install my friends app... tried it with an other 3rd party app, but that one doesn't work either

Without an error message or the name of the app, we can't help you.

Edit: Nevermind, seen your message. Are you trying to pirate an app per chance? If you have any .odex files, in /data/app with the same name as the app, which could get created if you're trying to pirate an app, that could pose a problem with the install.

Make sure you have enough space on your "external" memory too, not just internal. Some apps will need to install additional data to the SDcard and show you that warning.

Last edited:
Reactions: jojoost

jojoost

Jan 8, 2012

Edit: Nevermind, seen your message. Are you trying to pirate an app per chance? If you have any .odex files, in /data/app with the same name as the app, which could get created if you're trying to pirate an app, that could pose a problem with the install.

Make sure you have enough space on your "external" memory too, not just internal. Some apps will need to install additional data to the SDcard and show you that warning.
Nope, its not a pirated app, still thanks, think I'm going to flash a new rom, as it also is getting buggier and laggier. But still I would like to thanks you!

---===:::Greetzz, jojoost:::===---

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Using a CM10 based ROM maybe?
    Go to Settings > System > Physical buttons > Show app button (or something similar, uncheck it)

Then reboot.