my note 20 ultra at&t cant connect with the spen

Search This thread

loquillo711

Jan 16, 2011
Hello everyone, I bought a note 20 ultra at & t on ebay. The spen cannot connect with the phone and always displays the "S Pen disconnected" notification. I have thought that the spen may be fake, but it is original because I have tested this spen on another cell phone and if it connects immediately. I have come to the conclusion that the issue is with my phone, can anyone help me if that has a solution and what would it be, thank you all.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Out of the box my new AT&T 10+ did that. For the first 2 months I forgot about the spen then when I tried it, nothing.
Somewhere there's a reset for it. Lol, I can't find it right now, it's buried. After you do that you need to take the spen out, put it back it, let it charge, repeat a couple times. Repeat the reset.
Something like that.
After jerking it off like that it started charging and working. It's never misbehaved since.
Spen's need wuv too🤣

There's another thread here about this bizarre behavior, it's fairly common.

loquillo711

Jan 16, 2011
Out of the box my new AT&T 10+ did that. For the first 2 months I forgot about the spen then when I tried it, nothing.
Somewhere there's a reset for it. Lol, I can't find it right now, it's buried. After you do that you need to take the spen out, put it back it, let it charge, repeat a couple times. Repeat the reset.
Something like that.
After jerking it off like that it started charging and working. It's never misbehaved since.
Spen's need wuv too🤣

There's another thread here about this bizarre behavior, it's fairly common.
Thanks for your support, please help me find that thread because I have performed the reset function and it still does not work, the pencil does not connect

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Thanks for your support, please help me find that thread because I have performed the reset function and it still does not work, the pencil does not connect
Take it out, put back in, etc, reboot, clear system cache, reset, curse, start over, repeat until it works. Took a couple days for me... I keep playing with it.
Try clearing the app data. I can't seem to attached anything specific I did to it that started it to work. It's maddening.
The first thing I notice is it finally took a 20% charge. That got better until it was up to 100% after a couple more tries in the next few days.
Until it's showing a charge it's not going to work.
Then it worked flawlessly and has since🥴

Maybe someone knows but more than likely if you keep playing with it, you get it working.
Voodoo, gremlins, dark magic, spen roullete🤣

dadmi

Sep 15, 2012
If the S Pen is working with another Note, then it is an issue with the phone. Since you bought on eBay, I will first start a dispute if the seller didn't mention Pen is not working.