My one year old just accidentally drop tested the lumia 800

Search This thread

z33dev33l

Oct 17, 2008
Austin, TX
And before you ask, yes, my one year old has a wp7 device and can use it to some extent. He dropped it off of the balcony at a hotel we're at and it landed flat on the concrete below missing the pool by mere inches. Thusfar, I see no scratches on the device and the only discernible fault from a second story fall is a looser power button that is still perfectly functional. I was scared to drop test mine, so it's cool to know it can take a beating.

dtboos

Dec 22, 2009
Sounds like its fairly durable. Thats good. Wonder how it would have fared had it gone into the pool.........I SAID, I wonder how it would have fared had it gone into the pool :D

cyclical

Mar 7, 2008
And before you ask, yes, my one year old has a wp7 device and can use it to some extent. He dropped it off of the balcony at a hotel we're at and it landed flat on the concrete below missing the pool by mere inches. Thusfar, I see no scratches on the device and the only discernible fault from a second story fall is a looser power button that is still perfectly functional. I was scared to drop test mine, so it's cool to know it can take a beating.
Thats pretty good, probably fared off much better than if the 1 year old being drop tested from the same place.
:)

ohgood

Aug 8, 2009
Birmingham
how did he manage to toss something from two stories up, without you stopping him ?

more importantly, how did you manage to see how it landed if you weren't close enough to prevent the toss ?

i don't care what you let your kids play with, expense is relative. today's $800 phone is tomorrows paperweight with them being released so fast. our kids play with iPhones and G1's all the time.

or the G4 laptop hooked up to a 20" mac monitor in the other room. a few years ago that was $3 large. today, it's a craiglist hard to sell item !

z33dev33l

Oct 17, 2008
Austin, TX
Balcony has 4 ft railing, it's safe. I was out there on it too and just couldn't stop it. He was watching some kids movie, and it fell out of his hands. Not so much a toss.

FiyaFleye

Oct 26, 2008
Miami
Lol I've never found any of his posts questionable, he doesn't seem like the type of user who would post for dramatic effect like some of these troll posts. I do want pictures though just to see how the power button looks. The thread title makes it all worth it though.

vetvito

Dec 31, 2007
^ pics or it didn't happen. He saws he has all these devices and never post a pic. He asked us what pics we want in another thread, and he never provided them. He's full of it.

It takes 10 seconds to snap and post a pic. So stop spamming the board with bogus claims. Pics or it didn't happen.

FiyaFleye

Oct 26, 2008
Miami
^ pics or it didn't happen. He saws he has all these devices and never post a pic. He asked us what pics we want in another thread, and he never provided them. He's full of it.

It takes 10 seconds to snap and post a pic. So stop spamming the board with bogus claims. Pics or it didn't happen.

I've bought like 15 devices in the past 2 years, I'm not saying whether he does or doesn't have the devices, but it isn't out of the ordinary if he does. A lot of developers, Schapman for one, post some crazy things and you guys don't ask for pictures lol. Give him a break dude. I've never understood the whole "pics or it didn't happen" theory. It's a forum, whether he does or doesn't makes no difference, his post is positive and doesn't hurt anybody.

z33dev33l

Oct 17, 2008
Austin, TX
I only have a titan, a dvp, and a lumia 800 on me. No computer atm, does board express allow you to upload pictures to the forum? If so I'll go buy it.

Either that or I could email the pictures. I'd upload them but I dont even know what uploaded to use. Pic uploading isn't an integral part of my life.

Last edited:

FiyaFleye

Oct 26, 2008
Miami
Use imgur its in the market. Any pic Zee.

http://i.imgur.com/wSb0s.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sw1JJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/f7zMN.jpg (someone asked about the Asian language packs the other day)

http://i.imgur.com/u30BP.jpg (the one year old)

I tried in the second pic to get an image of the looseness of the button, but it's fairly flush with the side so that's a challenge.

Yep. Good job vetvito -.-

Top Liked Posts