• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question My oneplus 9 got stuck in edl mode

Search This thread

hibert

Aug 18, 2011
Düsseldorf
OnePlus 9
How he fix can you tell me please?
He remove battery or solve it with software?
He told, already. A technician fix it. Probably a OP service center with the right image for msmtool. I contact OP service today here in Germany.
I haven't had this issue on OP9, but on OP6t, the key was pressing and holding vol+,,vol-, and power for like 15 seconds. You probably tried that, but just in case, that was always my fix on the 6t.
I think without a working recovery or even a functional bootloader the device is stuck in EDL. Without a specific msmtool (or msmtool IMG) for our 9 it's impossible to unbrick. All the key pressing stuff don't work in our case.

I keep you updated about the op service request I started yesterday.

Everybody knows how to create such a msmtool img ? Is there any dump tool or so ? Maybe some of us is able to create a img with a new phone ? But I am no developer, I am just curious why the msmtool is not available for all op9 devices.

Reactions: kitcostantino

AxelM

Jul 10, 2007
OnePlus 9
I have similar problems as described here with my le2113 EU version. so same situation as with your le2110 version? no mdm tool for these models, no unbrick?

do you mean official op service
No, this should cost me 380 € at one plus...because I bought it from tranding shenzen. So I contacted my seller, and they put me in touch with the technician in Germany. Everything runsabout trading shenzen in my case.
Hope it helps.

for anyone who stuck at "sahara communication failed"

REQUIREMENTS:
Disconnect from internet, disable antivirus, windoze defender

extract the rom folder + driver to of C:/oneplus
uninstall all oneplus, quancomm driver(from microsoft) preinstalled in the pc including exe and also from device manager
now, dont open msm download tool yet, go to C:\Users\_your_account_username_here_\AppData\Local, them delete the MsmDownloadTool_Log folder

open device manager connect phone and enter EDL mode, the phone should show up as QUSB-BULK_blabla
right click and select update driver
go to the driver in oneplus folder as prementioned, extract the cab driver file here
select the folder where the cab file is extracted and install driver
now it will show up as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008
uplug the phone

now, open msm download tool, select target, press start
hold both volume buttons to enter EDL and plug in USB cable
done

REQUIREMENTS:

uninstall all oneplus, quancomm driver(from microsoft) preinstalled in the pc including exe and also from device manager
now, dont open msm download tool yet, go to C:\Users\_your_account_username_here_\AppData\Local, them delete the MsmDownloadTool_Log folder

open device manager connect phone and enter EDL mode, the phone should show up as QUSB-BULK_blabla
go to the driver in oneplus folder as prementioned, extract the cab driver file here
uplug the phone

done
Is it work on le2110
OnePlus 9 Chinese variant

Reactions: flameteam

brausebirne

Nov 3, 2011

REQUIREMENTS:

uplug the phone

done
It can also be helpful to use a USB 2.0 port or a USB 2.0 cable. At least it helped me once when I had to reset an Oneplus 6.

hibert

Aug 18, 2011
Düsseldorf
OnePlus 9
After one month, OP installed a new logic board. Device back since yesterday. So far so good.

REQUIREMENTS:

uplug the phone

done
Unfortunately, that didn't work for me. know the problem with the "windows driver". but also on another computer and different USB ports did not help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How he fix can you tell me please?
    He remove battery or solve it with software?
    He told, already. A technician fix it. Probably a OP service center with the right image for msmtool. I contact OP service today here in Germany.
    I haven't had this issue on OP9, but on OP6t, the key was pressing and holding vol+,,vol-, and power for like 15 seconds. You probably tried that, but just in case, that was always my fix on the 6t.
    I think without a working recovery or even a functional bootloader the device is stuck in EDL. Without a specific msmtool (or msmtool IMG) for our 9 it's impossible to unbrick. All the key pressing stuff don't work in our case.

I keep you updated about the op service request I started yesterday.

Everybody knows how to create such a msmtool img ? Is there any dump tool or so ? Maybe some of us is able to create a img with a new phone ? But I am no developer, I am just curious why the msmtool is not available for all op9 devices.

REQUIREMENTS:

uplug the phone

done
    Is it work on le2110
    OnePlus 9 Chinese variant